Username: Password:

Poll

We will do a FULL restart if..    ( irrelivant of participants )

2 people disconnect  ( for whatever reason )
3 or more people disconnect   ( for whatever reason )
2 people arrive late without prior knowledge
3 or more people arrive late without prior knowledge
no restarts, if you're late or disconnect, tough.

Author Topic: Restarts and disconnections  (Read 3199 times)

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
Restarts and disconnections
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:08:PM »
Ok here it is, i think i've included all the relevant situations while keeping it at a reasonable tolerance for when something happens, if you think i've missed an option to select, please let me know.

if you don't vote, you can't moan if one of these situations happens to you  :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
Re: Restarts and disconnections
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:52:PM »
The poll will close saturday and the majority vote wins

Offline umar islam

• type whatever here.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:05:AM »
Based on those who voted. The rules stand firm and will be used now. Of course dman, willo and ano will be puting these rules to practice as well as myself for next race. But we need to discuss why they were used yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:11:AM by umar islam »

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 01:22:PM »
As is written in the rules of the league, we are flexible here in some circumstances, just like we have no problem waiting for people who are going to be late, we have a start time yes, but we don't always stick to it, same rules apply.

It was never said this rule applied to the host, as if the host has an issue and the game migrates the host to someone else you will most like experience more lagg / disconnections and as we've seen before the game goes to hell and you all end up restarting anyway.

I never demanded the restart, it just happened as no one minded and yes we would of done the same for anyone else ( and we have done in previous races )

there is and never was any issue here.

enough said

Offline umar islam

• type whatever here.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:25:PM »
Put another pole
(vote)
So that it can be sorted by saturday atleast.
Anon I know your busy but can someone else do it or sonet.
You guys need to help us.

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:PM »
There's several of us coming up with a revised set of rules that will be better concerning race days.  it will be announced in the next day or so and it will be placed into the league rules so it's final.  :thumb_up:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 02:13:PM »
I voted for no restarts with 2 exceptions, if I may.
  • Mass disconnect vs random 3 or 4.
  • Greater than half the field damaged in lap 1 mishap.
Due to the absence of independent scorers there is no way to order a restart based on position after the misshap for now.

For future series I would be amenable to a discussion around having a rotating steward. The steward does not qualify & retirees to the pit as soon as the game allow. They must have the authority to halt the race at the start finish line with the current order, allow those that can proceed to the pit. When all that can are in the pits, Move the drivers to timing mark one in single file. When the damaged cars are repaired, they join the grid in order of pit departure. When the grid is reformed the steward orders the race to proceed. Racing begins at the exit on to the main straight. This prevents cautious/lucky/gifted drivers from being penalized on a restart.
Each driver would be required to steward for one event unless a member/s volunteer to steward the series.that every driver would have at least one DNS/STW. If more drivers than events each would be required to select an event for a DNS/STW at series start. Late series joiners would be exempt.
I acknowledge there are several issues to overcome, language being a big one.

My point is, hash it out before the series starts and establish it in the rules.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:31:PM »
I voted for no restarts with 2 exceptions, if I may.
  • Mass disconnect vs random 3 or 4.
  • Greater than half the field damaged in lap 1 mishap.
Due to the absence of independent scorers there is no way to order a restart based on position after the misshap for now.

For future series I would be amenable to a discussion around having a rotating steward. The steward does not qualify & retirees to the pit as soon as the game allow. They must have the authority to halt the race at the start finish line with the current order, allow those that can proceed to the pit. When all that can are in the pits, Move the drivers to timing mark one in single file. When the damaged cars are repaired, they join the grid in order of pit departure. When the grid is reformed the steward orders the race to proceed. Racing begins at the exit on to the main straight. This prevents cautious/lucky/gifted drivers from being penalized on a restart.
Each driver would be required to steward for one event unless a member/s volunteer to steward the series.that every driver would have at least one DNS/STW. If more drivers than events each would be required to select an event for a DNS/STW at series start. Late series joiners would be exempt.
I acknowledge there are several issues to overcome, language being a big one.

My point is, hash it out before the series starts and establish it in the rules.

Interesting idea Clock.  As for stewards with power to restart a race, I think it is better to have a committed member who is not running the season to officiate as race director/steward.  I like your concept though. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 10:43:PM »
It would be nice, but people should only take that role if they really want to, not because they feel an obligation. Everyone is here to have fun racing I assume, but hey, perhaps someone who hasn't got time to practice and setup his car and is free on thursday would be willing to watch the race from the pits.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 01:52:AM »
I just wanted to add that you have resurrected an old topic as you can see it is about 2 years old.    :grin: