Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 1, GT3 Class and Caterham SP300R Cups, Silverstone GP, Feb 7th 2019  (Read 247 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Silverstone GP

Race Date 1st June 2019
Qualifying starts at 1:00PM with 1 weather slot - Clear
Race starts at 2:00PM with 3 weather slots - Clear Clear Clear
Race time is normal.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:44:PM by Skanda-Five »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Nice race guys. All clean racing from what I saw.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations to Jac and Phillips on their wins!  :13:
GT3 Race: 
Not such a great qualifying in 13th; still it felt stable and was hoping for a better result in the race.  My tires held up for the race and managed to finish where I started in 13th!  :icon_smile:  One thing worth mentioning was an awesome pass by two fellows that caught up to me and went one each side giving me no choice but to back up!  These fellows were great! Hopefully they will remind me who they were.
Caterham SP300R:
I qualified a lucky 9th considering how many fast drivers are in the grid!  The start went well and after a few laps I felt I could stay up there and was on my way to finish several positions ahead of my qualifying.  I made my pit stop and disaster occurred! My crew chief decided to fill up my fuel tank and kept me there way more than necessary.  I lost several positions and I think I recovered 3?  Anyway, very good race despite the mishap.  See you fellows next at Bannochbrae in the dark!  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline StanvanAsten

• your custom title
First of all I'd like to say I enjoyed racing with you guys last night. If you have a no show again I'd love to join again.

GT3 race: I was quite satisfied with qualifying middle of the pack and even managed to gain a few places at the start. For the first third of the race I was racing stable around P6 or P7. Only downside, Linus was driving 2 places ahead of me and his car was jumping all around my screen; as in he jumped ahead every few seconds so that his car was sometimes in my braking point. Only car that had this problem. After 15 minutes this caused me to miss my braking point for Copse and trying to correct to aggressively I spun and got wing and suspension damage. This effectively destroyed my race.

Caterham: Qualifying was a bit harder here as I struggled to manage an optimal lap in causing me to start 13th. Fortunately I had a great start jumping to 7th? As I still struggled to keep pace I lost a few places during the opening laps and after a while I was running around 9th and 10th place. Had some good fighting there when Philips was making his way through the field after an early stop I guess. Unfortunately stupid me forgot to select the right pit strategy and trying to select the right one got me on the kerbstone of the last corner of Maggots and Becketts and again I spun right in front of Jod. I finished the race with good pace as a backmarker between the leaders, probably because I decided to change my tires.

One general question: how do we threat blue flags? I took them last night as in F1 ( clear out when necessary ) instead of American ( if the leader has more pace he has to make the move ).

As my first league experience I enjoyed it, found out I have to work a bit on my consistency and spent a little more time on preparing as in strategy / tire choice / fuel level. A check how long I can make tires last would be better as I now changed them on both occasions for security. I hope I showed you guys that I can be a fair and decent addition to your league.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
I think I got 4th in quali for the GT3 managed to get a good start. Me cream and filip go 3 wide into turn one and turn 2. We race very close for lap and filips pits in. Cream was the soft tyres which seemed to go off after a few laps and he dropped back a bit. Philips and jac just pulled away and I was lapping on my own for the rest of the race and managed to keep 3rd.

In the SP300R I struggled I binned it lap one and ended up last. Managed to gain a few place then spun. Did the same again 3 or 4 times and ended up 9th. I did have some awesome battles with Ice Ade and Rocket along the way. I think I definitely need to do some homework on my setup. Seemed fine at brands 🙄.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!

One general question: how do we threat blue flags? I took them last night as in F1 ( clear out when necessary ) instead of American ( if the leader has more pace he has to make the move ).

F1 style

Offline Filip

• your custom title
Had good pace in qualifying with gt3 and managed to start at p3.  But I qualified on softs because I was simply quicker on that set of tires over one or two laps. I chose to go with hards for the race and I knew I would lack some pace but still better than if I would try to go with a set of soft untill the end I think. I struggled with the hards and had a quicker iceteaface right behind me during the majority of the race. It was very intense racing especially when we passed lmntr on each side before the second corner. Still satesfied with 4th place in the end.

Caterham: Qualified p2 behind Jac, had a good start and managed to stay first for a lap or two and then Jac passed me. I tried to keep up but ending up spinning twice instead. Wasn't quite comfortable with the car sometimes but happy with p2 at the end.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Enjoyed the races, clean driving once again. I was surprised with my pace in the Caterham, just seemed to click with the driving style needed.

See you next week.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
First of all I'd like to say I enjoyed racing with you guys last night. If you have a no show again I'd love to join again

As my first league experience I enjoyed it, found out I have to work a bit on my consistency and spent a little more time on preparing as in strategy / tire choice / fuel level. A check how long I can make tires last would be better as I now changed them on both occasions for security. I hope I showed you guys that I can be a fair and decent addition to your league.

Glad you enjoyed it. You will find league racing is much better than public lobbies no matter what the game. Lots of people find it a bit daunting at first and get a little nervous etc but it really makes racing more enjoyable.

I might be wrong but I think you were in the yellow car I lapped in the Caterham Race. If that was you and it was your first league race Iíll give you 10/10. Top marks well done 👍

You did everything you should do ( also in qualifying ) 100 % awareness of your surroundings excellent driving. You had some very good pace.

It wonít be long before you will be mixing it at the sharp end Iím sure.

Offline StanvanAsten

• your custom title
Glad you enjoyed it. You will find league racing is much better than public lobbies no matter what the game. Lots of people find it a bit daunting at first and get a little nervous etc but it really makes racing more enjoyable.

I might be wrong but I think you were in the yellow car I lapped in the Caterham Race. If that was you and it was your first league race Iíll give you 10/10. Top marks well done 👍

You did everything you should do ( also in qualifying ) 100 % awareness of your surroundings excellent driving. You had some very good pace.

It wonít be long before you will be mixing it at the sharp end Iím sure.
[/quote]

I appreciate the positive comments, I was indeed the yellow Caterham you lapped. Last week I was perhaps at times a bit too aware of my surroundings. A small disadvantage as a spare driver is that I can't really spent time to set my car up for the track and test it more as that is quite pointless if you don't race on thursday.

As in online lobby racing I've some friends on PSN that I met in online lobbies with whom I know I can race clean. Most of the times it's the question if you become the victim of 1 or 2 of the idiots that are in session.