Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 1, BMW 2002 StanceWorks and Indycar Cups, COTA, Oct 25th 2018  (Read 274 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Circuit of the Americas
Light and Medium Cloudy
12 and 15 Laps

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Congrats on the win I think it was Filip forgive me if I’m wrong. Well done 👍

I forgot to press record tonight so no footage unfortunately. I was suprised to end up 2nd tbh

I won’t be around next week.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations to both Jac and Filip on their wins!
BMW Race:   I qualified in 6th and was not sure what to expect as my practice did not feel good but somehow I managed to get some pace going and was in very close proximity to CREAM and Linus for most of the race.  A few times I was able to close up to Cream but was not able to make a pass; Linus had some pace and managed to pass me early on but somehow I was able to gain some speed on the front straight and put me right back ahead.  In the end I finish in 5th!    Such a shame that ice tea was not able to capitilize since reviewing the early footage it revealed some good pace and rhythm putting him always in very close proximity in the front but this undulating circuit has a way to bite you if you really begin to push in certain sections it is best just to get a good launch before the straights. 

Indycar Race:   Again I qualified in 6th and finish in 5th; Oh well, at least I advanced one from qualifying.   Once again the fellows demonstrated they know how to get good starts and was last at one point but I managed to put it out and settled; while I noticed that my crew chief stayed out last night and he gave the orders to put “Reds”.   This had me thinking early on if I should blast them or try to manage; I chose the latter but still they gave out on Lap 9 and had no choice but to replace them spending more time in the pits then I wanted to.   I saw that Cream had been issued a 10 second penalty so when he reached me in the last lap?  I did not want to put me and in jeopardy so I did not offer much fight because I thought, there is no way he is going to blast 10 seconds on me though, he certainly looked it as he flew by me.   I had a good time and looking forward to do it again.   See you fellows next at Willow Springs!  :great:

Offline kennyrodgers

Hi Guys. Apologies for missing the opening race, we were away with Grandkids whilst they were off for half term. I'll be there for next week. Cheers, Pete.
J.F.D.I

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Hi Guys. Apologies for missing the opening race, we were away with Grandkids whilst they were off for half term. I'll be there for next week. Cheers, Pete.
Not a problem Pete,  See you next round! We do have a 3 round drop out for these occasions.  :13: