Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 3, BMW 2002 StanceWorks and Indycar Cups, Laguna Seca, Nov 8th 2018  (Read 187 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Laguna Seca
Light Rain and Heavy Cloudy
18 and 24 Laps
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:25:PM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
This is going to be tricky in the BMW. A race of attrition hopefully as I have no pace to speak of. Indy should be a blast though.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
That was a strange race. Got a great start but put a Wheel off track and ended up last by turn 1.
Managed to get through the pack fairly quickly more down to good luck really with people jumping off track in front of me.

Pitted in 2nd pretty with not much gap at either in front or behind. Somehow managed to get fairly decent lead after that. Span a few laps from the end back down to 3rd but the guys in front also tripped up and handed me a lucky win.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
So I didnít do to bad in the first race. I had a good time chasing down ice tea. but the two times I got close enough to try and make a move I lost the car. Tbf I did love the BMW in the wet. it was so fun once you get the hang of hanging on lol.
<a href="https://youtu.be/5uzAIO73sXs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtu.be/5uzAIO73sXs</a>

Not sure what happened in the Indycar I was just shit! I did the practice session on Wednesday with lmntr and got a good setup with no dramas at all. Then yesterday managed  qualifying fine same setup but come race the car was fucked. Understeer in the slow corners and snap oversteer in fast ones. I got real bad damage on mid race ended up 2 laps down after my pit stop. I did another 3 laps and lost the car twice the last one giving me bad damage again so I just retired to stay out the way. I donít know maybe it was all in my head. Maybe I got too familiar with BMW and it was all me just being shit. Anyway fuck it letís just hope the pattern continues of last first last first lol.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:30:PM by jod08 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Somehow I managed to score a couple of points which I'm pleased with as I just couldn't get the BMW hooked up.

Indycar was better but I pushed too hard early on and cost myself about 20 seconds in 3 serious off track excursions. No damage though which was good.

I never really get to grips with this circuit. Too short, bumpy and technical for my liking.

Good racing as ever though. It's such a relief to not worry about being shunted off by some public lobby U-rated crash monkey.

Keep it up peeps!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.