Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, BMW 2002 StanceWorks and Indycar Cups, Indy Oval, Nov 29th 2018  (Read 142 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Indianapolis Oval
Medium and Light Cloud
25 and 36 Laps
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:40:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Please keep in mind the laps for each car will be re-calculated. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations to Jod and Phillips on their respective wins! 
BMW Race:  I had a good qualifying in the midfield and had a conservative start;  my gearing was slightly taller and lost a couple of positions.  I then settled and concentrated on my line and as the car conserved momentum I began to get in the draft of those in front and one by one started to make passes.  I enjoyed the draft only on the early part of the race and then the rest was by myself on track just keeping everything clean and maximizing my lap.  I finished a satisfying 2nd Place. 
Indycar Race:  Again my start was not the best and was promptly passed at the start;  I knew it was bound to happen as I saw roundrocket warming up his tires wildly before the start and knew he was pumped.  A little later Bag managed to squeeze into the apex and had to give up the position and promptly tuck in trying to get full benefits of the draft which it worked.  We stayed like that for several laps until Bag had a slight  bobble and allowed me to pass.  His car and mine were so closely matched with his minutely faster it was not enough for a pass but forced me to drive my best ever laps ( I sound like Alonso now!) and managed to keep just ahead and many times with only .2 seconds behind me.   I made my pit stop somewhat midway race and Bag almost trashed it on entry following me.  My crew chief decided to play it conservatively and added just more than enough fuel allowing Bag to leave the pits ahead of me.   I said great!, now I have to do it all over again!   A couple of laps later my crew screamed at me I was about to be lapped and when I looked in the rearview mirror, I saw a car approaching shockingly and unbelievably fast as a rocket!!  I could not believe it as Phillips made his pass as if I was standing still! Talk about a GP2 Engine!  I eased slightly but did not loose too much trying to get a draft but he was so fast that he left me so far behind in a flash.  But then I thought if he gets to Bag at just the right time Bag might loose momentum enough for me to get in his draft and that is what happened!  I saw the gap begin to diminish like clockwork until I was right back so close.  Now it was just a case of picking the right moment and again a slight bobble was enough to make a pass which I kept until the end.  I think he had an incident with the wall because I saw him drop back steadily that even with my 10 seconds penalty, I was able to finish in 2nd again!   My crew and I celebrated well into the night and had ample supply of “Coronas”.     Now, I look forward to Texas Motor Road Course even though I have never done well there.  Maybe with a little practice!   See you fellows next!

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
I had 2 really good races at this circuit. I couldn't match lap for lap pace so I just aimed to be consistent. Started 11th in the BMW after getting disqualified for speeding in the pit lane and finished 6th. Cream and I had a great few laps where we just kept swapping places. That slipstream really helped my laptimes. Brought it home in 6th place.

In the Indy I qualified 11th again and same strategy brought me another 6th place.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Had a decent BMW race manged to get second in quali stayed with Phillips after the restart. He pitted on lap oneso I went in on on the following lap. Some how managed to jump him and watched him slowly real me in and get past. To my amazement he hit the wall and gifted me first place. It did feel like a long race and Phillip's should of won easy.

The Indy car started well gained a few places then the rears overheated or over inflated and I had very lite grip. Ended up in the wall pitted without fixing damage so did another lap then it only fixed my areo so pitted again for mechanical and found my self 6/7 laps behind. Did another 5 odd laps and then hit the wall again pitted for damage and it only fixed my mechanical damage so I just retired. All my fault fucking about with the pit strategys so another fucked up indycar race. Really starting to hate this thing 😭
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:17:PM by jod08 »