Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 7, BMW 2002 StanceWorks and Indycar Cups, Watkins Glen, Dec 13th 2018  (Read 98 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Watkins Glen
Clear and Light Rain
12 and 16 Laps
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:56:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations again to Phillips on dominating both races!  :cheer: 

BMW Race:  I had an okay qualifying and managed to be near the back of the grid in 8th.  We had a car malfunction which forced us to do a rolling start as per regulations.  The start went uneventful and started gaining positions after others mishaps during the dry and wet portion of the race.  I managed to get close to 3rd with 2 laps to go and got a little greedy which resulted in a spin and loosing 2 positions which were gained back in the last lap.  I feel so lucky to finish in 4th.

Indycar Race:  I qualified in 5th and was a little apprehensive since we were all very close in pace.  Well, my gearing was not optimized for the start and induced a bog down and then a rapid spin of tires making me drop all the way back in the grid.  But then disaster loomed for I had left my braking to impossibly late and saw visions of Grosjean 2012 spa huge crash that saw several cars demolished at the start.  I decided to take a trajectory to the grass at the same time as I applied full braking, went sideways and bounced back onto just after turn 1 and missing the last car taking the corner; phew! disaster prevented  :shocked:
I began to gain positions again through others mishaps and then later skill and mostly good luck!  :grin:   I am very satisfied going from 8th through 3rd place despite having a car that really is not accurate in turning and overall handling; it feels like I have to anticipate where the car will end up pointing and feather the throttle and being unable to accelerate in the apex.  Phillips Hamilton was gracious enough to share his setup so I will be tweaking to my liking so I am really curious where that will place me on the next race considering it is another oval-infield combo as in Texas where I did really good pace.  See you fellows next at Daytona Road Course :great: