Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, BMW 2002 StanceWorks and Indycar Cups, Daytona Road, Dec 20th 2018  (Read 185 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Daytona Road Course
Clear and Medium Cloudy
11 and 15 Laps
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:56:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Lucky for me Jod ran out of juice, unlucky chap.

Great pace from some guys nicely done ✅

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
The bmw race was kind of epic i had filip chasing me down the hole race. Then cream came out the pits by my side with about 6 laps left. Me and cream swaped places a few times and filip was our ass. Then lmntr poped out the pits along side us with 2 laps left. It was and awesome bit of racing my car just was not set up for slipstreaming and i lost out to everyone.

Arghhh man the indy car race what a fuck up! I had second place!! I mis read my app half way through the race so didnt add any fuel in the pit stop. I Had to coast 2 laps and ran out about 30 meters from the line. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations to Phillips and Cream!  :cheer:

BMW Race was epic in the last two laps for me!  :grin:  I had qualified a respectful 3rd and at the start I managed to get 2nd I think from Filip, but it did not mean I had clear sailing as he hounded me for ever and then he made a pit stop?  Later around lap 6 I began to see Driver and Cream shorten the gap and I fell momentarily in the clutches of Cream but somehow by luck I managed to edge him to regain my position.  I made my pit stop in lap 9 and to my surprise, I emerged into a crowed race track!  I was not sure what would happen but it turned out to be some epic racing from all of us there!  I at one point I dropped to 4th but because we were so close any bobble would prove costly and by luck somehow I regained 2nd position!   

Indycar Race was a big mess up on my part!  :banghead:  I had qualified in 5th and somehow I managed to gain two positions through other's mishaps and was drafting Linus.  Well, it did not work too well as we went into the chicane with me on the left side;  the fronts stayed planted but the rears began to slide out as I was rotating on my way to a spin, as the car was nearly stopped I caught sight of a broken wing bouncing on the grass and I thought "I do not think it is mine"  and then realized that Linus and I must have touched and he hit something.  I waited on the side of the road and was about to go back on to the pavement and had to wait for the remaining drivers still to come at speed. After they all passed then I went onto the road unbeknownst to me that Linus was also coming and we touched again.  I waited more until I saw him get in front and then I went on my way.    The rest was just a painful recovery drive of what it could have been instead with Linus, Cream and I fighting maybe for the win.  I felt so bad for Linus, my apologies.

Later I might post the last laps off the bmw race from the replay and my view unless someone beats me to it.  I also have my chicane video.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:32:PM by lmntr »

Offline chris99277

• your custom title
Later I might post the last laps off the bmw race from the replay and my view unless someone beats me to it.  I also have my chicane video.

I would be interested in seeing the race from your view, I'm keen to see how some of you guys get the speed and times you do.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Just had enough time to do one so here it is.

https://youtu.be/Nd3v6iZ0FkM