Username: Password:

Author Topic: Formula Renault 3.5 and GTE Class Championship, Spa, Round 2, Race 1  (Read 276 times)

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
I feel like the time penalty that I was given on the grid was a bit unfair, I don't do any practicing beforehand so I don't know if a car will roll on the grid (Thankfully it has never happened before  :great:). But this took me by suprise, surely the fact I started a couple metres back is a penalty enough  :icon_sad:
Sadly, the idiotic 1GB limit stopped me from getting a replay, so I'm reliying on others for 'evidence'.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
You were rolling backwards https://youtu.be/twV11HQVOTo

My opinion is you don't have an excuse. The game has settings so you don't do that. its upto you if you use them or not ( ive had it myself in PC1 )  I will leave it for others to decide as i'm involved.

TBH this is possibly the only track that track limits would make a big difference. I,m sure the penalties would change for a lot of people if they had been on.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
My excuse is that I had no clue that could happen, because it's never happened to me nor have I seen it happen to anyone else therefore I just never expected it. Also, I only rolled back literaly a few centremeteres, not affecting any of the race or giving me an unfair advantage.
I then went on to win the race fair and square so I feel it is harsh taking away a deserved win, under those circumstances.

Also I don't know why you mention track limits. If they were on then of course we would have people disputing their penalties because the games penalty system is shocking, which is the reason why I only race within this league.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:03:AM by JAC-1234 »

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Watching your video shows that you were rolling backwards too

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
I think the track limits was mentioned in general as a few people including my self was not always between the white lines lol. You need a handbrake button if your putting it in gear on the race starts before the lights go green. Or you donít shift gear untill the lights go green. Tbf thereís only a few tracks that it happens on and then it depends what grid slot your in.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Yup you won the race fair mate.  Sorry I wasnít trying to say you didnít.

Change the setting in the game. There are a few tracks this can happen at. Problem solved

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Sorry, I didn't want to sound like that hehe

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
We looked at the video and agreed there was no gain on rolling backwards and/or the start at the grid when compared to others; The penalty will be removed.  All race finish times will be adjusted to reflect this as well.  I am traveling at the moment so I will be posting all tables at the latest on Sunday evening (my evening).