Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 2, Formula Renault 3.5 and GTE Class Cups Spa Jun 21st, 2018  (Read 307 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Spa-Francorchamps
Heavy Cloudy and Clear
15 - 13 Laps

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Some good racing around a great track, took a bite out of a bollard in the Renult so was playing catch up, leading to an intense final lap  :icon_surprised:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:46:AM by thebag69 »

Offline Ydmge

• your custom title
After last week's horrendous races this time thing went a bit better.

Nevertheless Race 1 started again with a crash for me.  Heading into Eau Rouge cars were in the air and spinning around in front of me, and I had no chance in avoiding Jod when he came across. Byebye front wing and a long way back to the pits. After the repairs it was an uneventful race with a finish in 4th. Seemed I was not the only one with issues in this one.

In qualifying of Race 2 I botched the last chicane on a flying lap which would have given me a solid P2. Instead I started P5, not too bad either. Start of the race I got off the line good and was looking at a gap in La Source, but backed off last second not to risk any damage for anyone. After this it was a pretty solid race where I cruised to P3, which later became P2 after JAC's penalty.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I am posting my condensed version while traveling and before I get the "evil eye".  What an unfortunate incident on the first lap with the incident between Matt and Jod. I did a quick view much earlier and the kindest I can say "it was bizarre" on many levels.  That allowed me to gain a few couple of positions at the start and on my rear view mirror I could only guess there was mayhem.  I had to tip-toe my way through and was dreading not causing anything myself but still I managed to get a slight hit from one of them but thankfully was able to continue on my way to a win!  Jac somehow was still behind me after my pit stop some several seconds but knowing his tremendous pace worthy of a Mercedes Simulator testing, made me resolved to do my utmost concentration which culminated in a very close finish at the end behind hounded by the Verstappen-like master.   On the GTE race, I can say for certain "what a cracking race it was specially on the earlier part where there was a group of us so close proximity with each other and yet no contact for so many laps; it made so very proud for those there in the race.   See you fellows next in the rain!