Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 4, Formula Renault 3.5 and GTE Class Cups Sakitto GP Jul 5th, 2018  (Read 333 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Sakitto GP
Medium Cloudy and Hazy
20 -18 Laps

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I have done a couple of practice runs in both cars.  Yesterday I felt really good about my pace as I am learning a bit more each time of the handling characteristics on both cars.  One thing for sure I can beat the 110% skill-100% aggressive AI by a fraction but I can not get near them in the GTE just yet.   I feel fairly confident I can do well in this upcoming race based on my practice race long pace and if I can get away from turn 1 disaster.   :eusa_pray:    I must do more work on the GTE as I feel I will be doing the same as in the first races of the season.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Fanatec have sent my wheel back. It should be here tomorrow!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
The wheel has arrived but the pedals haven't. Bah!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
The wheel has arrived but the pedals haven't. Bah!
What!  :wtf: They did not send the pedals in the same box!  :040:    Curious, your wheel and pedals did come in one box originally, Correct?  Hopefully, it will arrive in time.  I suppose they gave you a tracking number.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:46:PM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
 They come in 2 boxes. Every other courier has managed  to keep them together. The tracking number says they are due for delivery today.

Offline legacy-8

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Missed the first race, and was totally unprepared for the GTE race and was a good 3-4 seconds off the pace.

Race started OK, but I was not happy with this Ferrari, it's like driving on ice, no idea what is going on lol.

Anyway, BIG apology to Skanda, I totally decked it in Degna 2 that nicely reshaped my front bumper, and I saw that Jac and Skanda were coming through Degna 1.  I thought, I have time to get it back on track and carry onto the pits for repair.  I did get it back on track, and nicely lined up to carry on.  The problem is, it put me near the race line, and as I was going about 3mph, rather than staying put I decided to shift it to the left and attempt to get out the way so these boys could carry onto 300R as they would normally.  Jac managed to get past...just, but unfortunately I was in the way of Skanda and he shunted up my rear.  I should have stayed put, but I was actually trying to get out the way, but we both went to the left :(  SORRY SKANDA!!!!!

Anyway, I got to the pits, had a go at my crew as this car is a big pile of steaming turd!  I threw my helmet down and blamed the car, but he said it's not the car, it's the fact I am shit.  So I threw an apple at him, and he sacked me! 

I need to find another manufacturer for next week!!!  Ford is looking a likely option 
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
I was lucky to get a win tbh.

I thought we were going to be into a good scrap but both Nij and Myself did the same thing at the first corner. Totally out of the blue like a pair of spinning tots. I don’t know why at all I wasn’t pushing and it didn’t happen in Q. Sorry I hit you Nij I was a passenger in this one.

After that I got lucky with other people wanting to become lawn mowers. Had a good old time catching Lmntr closed fairly steadily at first then the closer I got the harder it was. Shame he spam out.

https://youtu.be/f9hznEmUUzs

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
I reckon that's a racing incident Legacy. Don't sweat it dude. JAC and I were pushing hard.

I did well considering that I had no practice. The GTE was twitchy on the kerbs though. Still I somehow made it to the end on a single set of soft tyres. I'm getting really good at preserving tyres in the GTE.

FR was a blast though. Nij and I swapped places by making mistakes several times. I finished about 2 metres behind him.

Great racing guys. I'm psyched about Barca in the rain. Bring it!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:59:AM by Skanda-Five »

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
  Sakitto has to be one of the best tracks on the game. Well apart from the pit entry that’s kind of fucked up lol. The whole night awesome although I really don’t know what is going on with my Formula Renault season. I just don’t seem to get much luck in these races. I went wide on turn 2 at the start and then waited for everyone to go passed. Hah lovely back of the grid now I thought.I slowly start to catch up and get passed a few people and managed to get in to 2nd place. After looking at times and knowing everyone bar Lmntr had pitted. I thought to myself yeah I could win this but then this happened https://youtu.be/waohYcdPOSc  :undecided: how the fuck can a USB wheel disconnect? Argghhh man wtf the car was fucked, I struggled to get into pits and came out 2 laps down after repairs.  :banghead:It was still an epic race for me the combo was awesome  :great:.

In the GTE race i managed 2nd in quali everyone got off the line good stayed quite close. Lap 2 Nij spun turn one gifting me the lead. “Awesome 3 second gap just keep it on track & you’ll be fine”. Nope 1 or 2 laps later off I go at spoon kiss the wall and get some slight aero and suspension damage. I was trying to work out if I was losing time and if it’s worth pitting for repairs. I decided to stay out as there was no one really around me and the gap was not drastically changing. For the next 8 or so laps I found myself alone with Lmntr and bag 11 seconds up the road very close together. Then on lap 12 I hear Bag say unlucky and notice a dot not moving.  :icon_biggrin: “Ouuoouu  Lmntr has gone off come on lets get him” Not sure if he had damage but I slowly closed the gap and with 3 laps left and I’m on his arse. Trying to stay as close as I can in the twisty bits to get the slip stream on the straights. At the end of that lap I followed him into the pits trying to maintain the gap. “2 laps come on lets do this” Were half second apart for most of it and on the last lap and I take spoon fast hoping to get the slip stream down the back straight but he was way too fast for that. I take 130R as fast as I can but the gap remains the same. Then on the last corner Lmntr gets unsettled and runs a bit wide and scrubs some speed off. “Yeah come on come on” I get along side and as we hit the straight where neck and neck the split time is reading zero. Were about 20 meters away from the finishing line and our names switch and i steal 2nd place. “yeahhhhhhh  Get in” :cheer: wow that was an intense few laps. Here is my GTE race skip to lap 12-15 https://youtu.be/gU04qrbR1Gc

We may be low on numbers but the quality of racing here is amazing.