Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, Formula Renault 3.5 and GTE Class Cups Nurburgring GP Aug 2nd, 2018  (Read 226 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Nurburgring GP
Heavy Cloud and Light Rain
18 - 15 Laps

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
I was looking forward to a battle tonight. Not really sure what happened to Nij and Jac unlucky fellas. Looked like Jac and Lmntr were having a really nice battle for a lot of the race.

https://youtu.be/8zfijnPPFDI

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I had a fair qualifying run and I believe I made a good start but to my dismay, I had a false start and was on my way to a drive-through penalty; that put me some 20 seconds or so behind after paying the penalty. After that it was just a matter of keeping it together and not to overdo it as sometimes the feeling of urgency can make you do.  I found my pace in the rain very good which was confirmed later by the whole grid telemetry which showed on nij and I were gaining in the wet!  So I finished in 5th due to my drive-through in the start; my only consolation was it could have been somewhere in 2nd Place had I not done a false start.  Oh well, you gain some you loose some.   I made a excellent start in the GTE and was feeling good for it but at the same time dreaded the pace shown in qualifying by others and though I will not have an easy race being always hounded.  There were a couple of times in the first lap I thought I was going to hit someone in the braking zone but thankfully nothing happen considering the accordion effect when in close proximity. Well, I must have hit the brakes a little too long that I received a hit but thankfully there was no major damage.  I gathered it up and put it out of my mind and just continued in full concentration mode.  Then, I saw many do an early pit stop and decided I could have a chance again and to my surprise some laps later I found myself in close battle with Jac for 2nd which lasted the whole race!   For sure he had suffered damaged as I was able to keep up with Jac Verstappen and had some very good clean battles that we finished a second or two at the end.   One thing for sure nij has shown some good pace and the return of Jac has already been felt by him finishing in 2nd twice.  Good racing to be enjoyed for sure in the last two upcoming rounds and I am looking forward to it.

Offline Nij_no1

• your custom title
Well 3.5 race held 2nd most of it, not sure what happened to jac but I started catching him in the rain and I think he made a mistake so I got first. GTE race I forgot to fuel up only had enough for 4 laps so I continued with my pit strategy and ended up on wets at lap 5 and they overheated bad that was the end of my race  :banghead: jac sorry for turn 1 I spun out and came straight across your path you know the rest as I've said it all went downhill from there.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Here is a shorter video version from my view rather than give you a whole race. 

https://youtu.be/-lYx3vQqUls

Not sure what happened to my GTE race.  It would have been awesome to what my battle with Jac for so many laps.  Many times side by side into turns!  :grin:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:54:AM by lmntr »