Username: Password:

Poll

Select 1 Formula Car (1-5) and 3 classes ( 6-19) and 1 Weather (20-21)

Formula Renault 3.5
Lotus 78
Lotus 43
IndyCar
Formula Rookie
GT1
GT3
GT4
GRA
GTE
GTO
Prototype Class
LMP1
LMP2
LMP3
LMP900
VTCB
RD
TC
Use 2 weather slots lottery to include wet weather possibility as done before.
Keep Clear weather as is.

Author Topic: New season ideas  (Read 809 times)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: New season ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 06:01:PM »
Front toe positive? That's weird. I'll try it later.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 10:56:PM »
Rear toe is more important. Front toe makes the car slower to respond and not "steer too much" (as opposed to oversteer). Rear toe makes the car less oversteery on exits/power or on "steering too much".

Just had a test, first time since patch 5, and I'm pleased to say the car is less loseable on the brakes and handles pretty much the same. I found a front tow of about 0.3 and a rear toe of about 1.0 works fairly well to calm it down. More than that of either  really overheats the tyres though.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 02:32:PM »
I aint tried any other open wheeler than what we have used so far bar the 98T. I would of liked a modern open wheeler seen as last season was vintage. I was thinking FC but people have said its shit, I also think matt has said the F3.5 is pants too? So that leave the FA and FX thats a big jump from what was have been using. But FA on the official F1 tracks sounds good along with the 911 mobil1 cup support races? If not then the 78 sounds like the best option plus you already have a name for season.

For the other car of the night i have always loved the GROUP A's. But i think anyone in the Audi or Skyline would need a nerf!! They are to fast in comparison to the M3 and 190E although I have not tried the Cossie and I don't see many people use them online. At Bugatti there was a 4 second difference from the Skyline to fastest none skyline car. Even though they are all in same class they are clearly in a different league. Or you could make it a 2 tier championship so not everyone has to have the skyline to be competitive. Like a pro and amateur championship Gr.A1 & Gr.A2. other option would be GT4 one step up on the open wheeler if we use the 78 so one step up on the gt car. So we know what coming the season after 98T & GT3  :icon_biggrin: or even 98T & Gr.C

I also think The_Bag should pick which car type is second so he has the option to race open wheelers in the open wheel league he is in lmao.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:43:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 07:18:PM »
The skyline is crap on twisty tracks. The cossie is the fastest but by far the hardest to drive. Only the skyline is fun to drive imo it's in a different league of fun.

Also I just tested the Audi gto and man that is incredible fun to drive. What a car! It's like the skyline but without the handling problems. MUST. TRY. CAR!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 10:33:PM »
I have compiled a list from all the suggestions so far.  The following is a list of Formula cars and list of classes suggested so far.  Everyone should vote only for (1) formula car and (3) Classes.  After a class is selected, then we will decided wether to run the class or just one identical car within that class.

The poll is locked currently and will open on Monday and is tentatively set to close at end of day on Thursday.

Season car
Identical:
Formula Renault 3.5*
Formula C *
Lotus 78 *
IndyCar *
Lotus 43 *

Class:
GT1
GT3 *
GT4 *
GRA *
GTE *
GTO *
BMW Prototype
Prototype Class
LMP1 Class
LMP2 Class
LMP3 Class
LMP900 Class
VTCB
RD
TC
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 11:40:PM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 08:23:PM »
Ok so I'll vote:

Fr3.5

GRA
Lmp900
VGTB (there is no vtcb but we know this means the stanzworks)

Backup
GTO
GTE
LMP1
VF1B

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 07:20:AM »
lmao not trying to sway votes are you matt  :shocked: :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:28:AM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake