Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, Lotus 72D and Ginetta G40 Championship, Imola, April 12th 2018  (Read 316 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Imola
4.90km
17 Turns
Clear Weather
15 and 12 Laps

Offline legacy-8

Brilliant couple of races! 

In the Lotus, after witnessing the two champion contenders crash, was close to Dnns in the first couple of laps, then Lmntr had some serious speed down the start straight and took me on pace, I just couldn't keep with him.  Not a lot happened in the middle part until the last lap where Dnns was leaving the pits and then it was neck and neck for 2nd place!!  Great race!!

Lotus Highlights - https://youtu.be/NM2rXvnsONo

In the G40, had some really close and clean racing throughout, was a lot of fun!

G40 Race - https://youtu.be/OxfD0W1YCO0
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
Congratulations to the top 3. Lmntr, nice driving to get third in the final gt race. I thought I had it because on lap 10 or so you were in 6th and I was in 2nd. I had already done the math and thought it was a done deal. Awesome racing all season long.  :13:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Congratulations to both JAC-1234 on the overall Championship and Mattikake2010 on a season long nail-biter that resulted in respective cars championships also for both.    What a season and what performance!    Mine was a journey starting with a bob sleigh view that saw me struggle a bit until the fellows suggested a change of POV and later Matt opened my eyes wide by suggesting a totally different set up.  I thank you for that, even though it was twitchy it was fast!  I just had to adjust my driving to maximizing consistency.  Also, it was very enjoyable racing with all the other fellows all season long specially SCR who is really more than chatty.  I hope everyone comes back once we have all the pieces in place for the next season.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Thanks Lmntr, and thanks again for hosting another great championship!
On to the next

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Yeah. I really enjoyed the Ginettas.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
The Ginettas produced some good races for me but I got tripped up too often touching kerbs, or rather, touching them slightly differently. It was ok to cruise in but a really nasty git for pushing hard. Me, bag and Jac all succumbed to random moments throughout the season all because of on the limit driving. Sadly that was the deciding factor - who made the most mistakes. (Me!) It made for a very mixed up championship which would've been good for the neutral or midfield runners but frustration hell for the front runners IMO.

Ironically the much more powerful and difficult to drive Lotus didn't decide the championship in this way. As you can see it was a white wash of me and Jac winning all the races, poles and fastest laps. I noticed Jac stopped me from getting pole every race in the last race (git)... :p While this did create the biggest gaps in the field, you'd have to argue the fastest guys were doing the winning. Which is as it should be I guess.

For these reasons I think the next cars should be more predictable on the limit, on kerbs and different surfaces like the Lotus. And easy to drive so everyone has a chance/close racing, like the GT5.

Offline legacy-8

Like mentioned before, I would like to see us in the DTM's (190e, m3 and cosworths).

PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I just rechecked the championship tables and found a discrepancy for The_Bag_ís Ginetta calculation.  As you can see in the shaded are of scores to remove are not his worse, so he actually ended up with 108 points.  So please look at your scores to make sure I did not mess up any others.   :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
and later Matt opened my eyes wide by suggesting a totally different set up.  I thank you for that, even though it was twitchy it was fast!  I just had to adjust my driving to maximizing consistency. 

Haha well they did call me the setup master in the Gavra leagues. I still get people asking to set their cars up for them. Little do they know it involves a large amount of try and fail and a very sad life! I think, sadly, I'm the Rene Arnoux of PCARS - a setup master and fast but with an inconsistency that boarders on sanity.  https://vimeo.com/106226487

I would love to do GR.A's but only if I can have the Skyline. The other cars are an experience of licking stained crusty pants, imo.

72D highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTi9jPdZbo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:59:PM by Mattikake »