Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 7, Lotus 72D and Ginetta G40 Championship, Brands Hatc, April 19th 2018  (Read 301 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Brands Hatch GP
3.90km
9 Turns
Clear Weather
19 and 15 Laps

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Hi all. Just wondering if some contingency can be added to the league rules for end of session crashes. I'm referring to this:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohPuZCq6IE

I thought it was my PS4 but I'm getting this more and more (around 25% of the time!) and some others in the same session were also experiencing the same problem. The game crashes the moment you cross the start/finish line and the only fix is to kill the game - by which time you can't rejoin the session.

In some leagues we have been screen-shotting the results screen and running a 1 lap rolling start race in the order of quali.

Be a real bummer for me, Jac or Bag or anyone else to lose a championship because of this latest issue. I think whoever gets this should be able to call a rolling start in the PSN message system.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Yeah this would be good for everyone's sake, nothing worse then spending 30 minutes qualifying for a race you're not able to take part in

Offline SCClockDr

Add 5 minutes to qualifying & have everyone exit the track 5 minutes less a slow lap early. For a 20 minute qualification  & 2 minute nominal lap, make it 25 minutes with everyone off @ the 23 minute mark. You can eliminate the ready time as there is 3 minutes to prep for the start. Institute a penalty procedure for staying beyond the 23 minute mark.
I've been flatout prepping our truck & trailer for this summer's Alaska trip. Cold weather has really compressed our prep schedule. Just doing late night open lobbies.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:00:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
 I have not experienced this but apparently it happens when the main session timer has already expired and you get the additional timer to finish your lap while someone is attempting to get another qualifying lap in.  What I suggest to do is something similar to what GZR_SCClock mentioned:  If you are not going to complete your qualifying lap before the main session clock expires, then you should remove yourself from the track before it does.    Having said that, we will certainly accommodate anyone who’s game has locked up despite taking all precautions to prevent this from happening. 

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title