Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 6, Lotus 72D and Ginetta G40 Championship, Zolder, April 12th 2018  (Read 210 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Zolder Circuit
4.01km
10 Turns
Clear Weather
18 and 14 Laps

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
FYI 488 GT3 record lap is a 1:31.7 on PC, so I guess a 1:29 should be a good target lap time.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
I won't be able to be close to that. Did a few short sessions over the weekend and today a full race and on a full tank I can do 1.32's and my best lap was a 1.31.300 when fuel started to run low.
Lol, first attempts earlier this weekend I was doing 1.35's until I suddenly noticed grooves on my front left, turns out having one wet tire on doesn't help lol, got my tires sorted and knocked 3 seconds off :P

I have every intention of racing on Thursday, but I still have to make some progress otherwise I will have to park my car after 10-15 minutes. I'll keep on getting my daily practice and I'll see. Yesterday I could drive 10 minutes without taking a break and today I took 2 breaks during a full race + a few practice laps, so there is some progress since Thursday afternoon I couldn't even drive for 5 minutes without my screen starting to spin in front of my eyes. I'm in kind of a limbo at the moment: on the one hand the meds are making me dizzy and on the other hand because my body is not used to them yet, the pain is also sky high.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Well, that didn't work out too well for me today... Especially the Lotus race. I was pretty much cruising in 3rd when Jac suddenly lost a lot of speed and I could overtake him approaching the final chicane. I saw him in my mirrors and 2 green arrows meaning 2 lengths and I chose my normal braking point, not sure if I underestimated Jac's braking or he overestimated his, but I ended up on my roof, resetted but with 99% engine damage (which I failed to notice, otherwise I would have shifted to 2nd or 3rd, but my engine blew just meters before the finish: gutted, but shit happens...
In the Ginetta the race was close and fun, in the last lap however bad luck struck again going into the 2nd corner with 2 or 3 cars and lmntr coming out of the pits I tried to stay as far to the right as possible, but when I had to tap the brakes to stay on the track I got a tap from the driver on my tail (probably didn't expect that or was too close to react) which caused me to spin off the track, again, shit happens when you race this close and he was worse off than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRE4OWrZnmA
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Bummer. I saw the gap with you and Jac in the Lotus race and was praying for you to take 2nd off him. I had no idea that happened!

Intense racing throughout. Great fun. Usually happens towards the end of a season when we're all starting to get on top of the cars and get more confidence in them. Perhaps a longer season would be a good idea? However, the patch changes to the Lotus has turned out to be quite a reset button! It was plain scary from my pov especially with Jac on my tail for most of it. I had two near spins and I double-downshifted into turn one which caused the rears to lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZmq9xh2kM

Bag braking early into the final chicane set up quite a scrap for the lead that lasted several laps. :) The result makes the GT5 championship a bit more interesting I think but Jac is still way out in front? I only have a mathematical chance really. I need to win every race pretty much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTxg5s7K3TI

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:48:AM by Mattikake »