Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, Lotus 72D and Ginetta G40 Championship, Zuhai, April 5th 2018  (Read 405 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Zuhai International Circuit
4.31km
14 Turns
Clear Weather
17 and 14 Laps

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Sorry LMntr i Didnít expect you to brake as much.

Think thatís the worst race Iíve had in a long long time. I made so many mistakes.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Same here. I really struggled to save some oversteer moments. I think it's because you don't get sop ffb on raw and the car has too little power to get tyre slip which you do get on raw ffb, so when it loses lateral grip you can only tell visually by which time It's too late. I might change my ffb settings for thus car next time...

Thumbs up to jod in the lotus race. He took a full apex on the last corner and punted me off as I was still on the outside of him. He then stopped before the line to let me win (very slowly in a very knackered car). I won't forget that. :) I'd have been ok with finishing 2nd given I was last after turn 1.

Heart was racing as I was trying to chase you down in the last few laps and not succumb to that diff glitch oddness at the same time, which I did once.

Recovery drive no.5325773 https://youtu.be/CCd_p5uvHVU
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:04:PM by Mattikake »

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
haha shit it didn't look that bad on my screen i was not expect you to still be in the corner the way you closed the gap in the last 2-3 laps :shocked:. I looked back and could not see you on track and thought shit so i pulled up.

The race i had with Nij was awesome, I think we was lapping half a second apart for most of the race. when i saw you clip the curb and get smashed i was gutted but happy at the same time lmao.  My front brakes was averaging 600 degs after 3 laps with my brake ducts was fully open. My wifes PS4 was not set up the same as my old one so it didn't record my pov :banghead:.

In the ginetta's i got swamped at the start pitted lap 2 to cover Nij off and we had a few close laps and i spun it on the curb then it was just a time trial  :sleepy:.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:36:PM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
First I must say I apologize to Matt and Jac on my late braking maneuver that resulted in collision in the first turn on the first lap  :banghead:   This also proved very costly for me as well given that I had my best performance yet of the season for both the Lotus and the Ginetta and my expectations for wonderful results were very much  possible.  Jac suffered the most in the Lotus and so did I by waiting as expected to do when one messes up royally.  :embarrassed:   I was just trying to do my best in the lotus later in the race and then I could not avoid Nij when he lost it as I did not want to give up my fight with Jac then.    I had a wonderful start also in the Ginetta and I had visions of disaster when I found myself in the midst of the front runners again!  So I gingerly made my way and then later my race was heavily compromised when I got hit as I entered pit road during my slow down with too much care.  I had lost it once before in pit road and I did not want to repeat it.   Any way, I had it coming given what I caused in the first race so I do not blame at all Bag for not anticipating.  I have posted the tables so please take a good look and keep me honest from giving myself extra points!  :grin: See you fellows next at Zolder.  Hopefully I can repeat there what I did at Zuhai as this has not been my best track !

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Np. It happens.

I guess the setup I gave you in Dubai has sent you in a whole new direction with the Lotus then as you're right up there on pace now?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Np. It happens.

I guess the setup I gave you in Dubai has sent you in a whole new direction with the Lotus then as you're right up there on pace now?
Yes, I would say it is the biggest contributor to my pace in the Lotus.  I have done some minor tweaks to it and have changed my sleigh view to my POV as recommended and slowly got used to it.  One thing for sure some of the settings are counter to what I believe and would not have arrive to them naturally; So thank you very much.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Well Hoof and Thunderhead have the same info now as well, so watch your back. ;)

I think for the last race or by when I find I'm out of the running for the Lotus championship, I'll give everyone my setups. Maybe that would translate to a very close race?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Well Hoof and Thunderhead have the same info now as well, so watch your back. ;)

I think for the last race or by when I find I'm out of the running for the Lotus championship, I'll give everyone my setups. Maybe that would translate to a very close race?
By all means!  We do not need to wait to the last round; I was already thinking on sharing the setup to Clock and Skanda as well.   :great:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Well I was kind of hoping to keep my edge! Only team mates are supposed to share setups after all. :p

HOOF HARTED

Share the wealth, then it's ability v ability?  :iagree: :iagree:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Setting up the car is part of the ability. Rene Arnoux and Nelson Piquet would testify to that! :p