Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 4, Lotus 72D and Ginetta G40 Championship, Donnington, March 29th 2018  (Read 275 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Donnington Park GP
4.02km
12 Turns
Clear Weather
18 and 15 Laps

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Well done Matt. Not my finest race to many mistakes

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Yeah for once I didn't make any, except for starting the race in neutral!

Starting from the back seems to work. It's a lot more fun too. I need to practice following cars more as I seem to find it more of a rarity lately. :)

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Just wondered actually, do you think Dennis screwed me a bit in the Lotus race? He went off and came back onto the racing line. I was planning to go round the outside but got shoved off then span and then carnage ensued killing the race for several of us.

Didn't you say there was going to be a safety car/restart option lmntr? Several cars got mashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhaQyRprW1s&t=1234s @ 20:20

Not complaining per se because I'm guilty of many things myself in the past far worse so no barney, and figure I'm learning all the time, hence not in the steward section and hindsight being a biatch un all that... I would've waited until later instead of attacked immediately. I think he's spent a bit too much time racing AI on a low aggression level who jump out of the way. ;) Yaaa and boo etc.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Just wondered actually, do you think Dennis screwed me a bit in the Lotus race? He went off and came back onto the racing line. I was planning to go round the outside but got shoved off then span and then carnage ensued killing the race for several of us.

Didn't you say there was going to be a safety car/restart option lmntr? Several cars got mashed.

Not complaining per se because I'm guilty of many things myself in the past far worse so no barney, and figure I'm learning all the time, hence not in the steward section and hindsight being a biatch un all that... I would've waited until later instead of attacked immediately. I think he's spent a bit too much time racing AI on a low aggression level who jump out of the way. ;) Yaaa and boo etc.
Yes, one must always be careful to look at the oncoming traffic before rejoining the track after having an off-road excursion.  I mentioned the safety car process several times either here or in the PSN thread and it did not appear to have enthusiasm for it judging the the few comments it generated; so it was left out of further discussions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:31:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis

At that point I didn't have control of the car, I was slipping all over the place from the grass onto the track. I could also say if you had lifted a bit at that point instead of going for the overtake right away and you would have caught me later. And the comment on racing AI on low aggression is complete BS. I would even go a step further, when you spun off the track, you were the one rejoining and causing a lot of chaos.  People are already actively trying to avoid you when driving because you just throw your car where you want and others have to brake or crash. Take the dubai race where you ruined my race by steering into me.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:48:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
No barney. It looked like you had the car back under control so no problem if you hadn't. I was still spinning/fighting the spin when I ended up back on the outside of the track. You know how slippery that gravel is... Still not too sure about lifting completely or putting in a bit of throttle to try and drive out of it. It's a bit random and you don't get a lot of practice at it. As said, not really complaining as I don't really have a problem with collisions like that because they happen by accident. It's only deliberate punts and pushes I have issues with. I thought you thought I wasn't there, the reverse of Dubai - I lost sight of your car. There was nothing deliberate in that.

The AI thing was just a jibe because that's what you've been doing a lot. ;)

As for opportunities to overtake I always take what presents itself and always try to give space for two cars if necessary.  I did that twice in the GT5 race on tarbz and lmntr - even though I was through I still left room. I also won't weave in braking zones and can accept being overtaken such as letting you go up the inside at turn 1 when saw you coming but will always defend fairly if applicable. If I didn't do that I wouldn't call it racing. Part of the fun. Sometimes though you can lose sight of the other car or get a twitch offline or lock the brakes etc.