Username: Password:

Author Topic: [PS4][PC2] GT5 Ginetta G40 and Emerson Fittipaldi Lotus 72D Championship [PC2]  (Read 1214 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Link to Sign-up:   http://10tenths.net/index.php/topic,553.msg5354.html#msg5354

The 10tenths.net Racing League traditionally has always done formula racing in project cars and in this upcoming season we have decided to mix it up a little by doing our usual dual race format, but instead of doing two different open wheels, we are doing the GT5 and a historic open wheel with the Ginetta 40 and the Lotus 72D.  The 72D is named appropriately the Emerson Fittipaldi Championship in honor of his actual championship season back in 1972.  There will be individual and overall championship honors combining these two cars.  The season is set to start tentatively on March 8th, 2018
These two championships will run concurrently utilizing the same track on the same day in races that will run approximately about 30 minutes.  The Ginetta races will be 1 lap shorter to account for their slower pace. We run on Thursdays at our usual time of 8 PM UK.  This should have you racing until about a little bit after 10 PM with each car taking approximately one hour so the 2nd race is not necessarily at exactly 9 Pm but a little thereafter.   Be sure to check us out and join us on the upcoming social races in the next weeks prior to season start.
As always, we usually hold public races on Wednesdays to test out different settings and cars so please join us there as well. 

**Two Separate Races on the same day, same track.  Same sequence on race day**
**Your 6 best results out of 8 will count toward each individual and overall championship points**
**RESET is prohibited**

SEASON CALENDAR:

Lobby Settings:
Start of Sessions: 8 PM UK
Race Distance: See calendar. Race will last about 30 minutes.
Race Date: Summer Season, June 1st, 14:00 hours. Real time progression.
Combined Practice and Qualify Sessions: 30 min, 13:00 hours, real time progression.
Starting Position: Qualification Result
Car Assignment: Pre Selection
Weather: Clear ( will review weather after patch )
Auto Start:  yes
Driving  Line: allowed
Default Set up: no
Manual Gears:  allowed
Realistic  Aids:  no
Assists:  Allowed
Damage: performance affecting
Mechanical Failures: ON
Ghost Car:  no (yes for socials)
Manual Pit Stop: no
Pit Errors:  no
Tire Wear:  accelerated.
Fuel Use: authentic
Cooldown Lap: yes ( please do not return to pit with options button to allow laps completion for those behind.)
Penalties: Yes (for jump starts)
Track Limits:  no ( yes for socials )
Drive through Penalty:  no ( 20 sec yes for socials )
Drive through trigger time: no
Pit Exit: yes
License: No. ( yes for socials currently set at E1200, adjusted if needed)
Vehicle Type:  Identical
Grid Size:  16
Private:  Yes
Ready: Yes
Password:  Not used at this time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:22:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: GT5 Ginetta G40 and Emerson Fittipaldi Lotus 72D Championship
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:AM »
Will the 72 be the second race each week?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: GT5 Ginetta G40 and Emerson Fittipaldi Lotus 72D Championship
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:12:AM »
Will the 72 be the second race each week?
It has not been decided yet but I am leaning towards the Ginetta being the second race of the day.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:13:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: GT5 Ginetta G40 and Emerson Fittipaldi Lotus 72D Championship [PC2]
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:35:PM »
I'm really warming to the Lotus 72D.
It's challenging in it's default form. My advice is work on the diff settings. Also experiment with other diffs.
I've now got real grip to exploit. That twitchy corner behaviour is (almost) entirely gone.

I'm really looking forward to the GT5 Ginetta. This could be my new favourite car.

Update 4.0 has changed the differential setting for this car. Before the patch there was both Limited Slip and Clutch Differentials and they were both active (interesting idea!). Now there is just the Limited Slip Diff.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 04:48:PM »
The unknown for me is what the optimum pressures should be wether you push the car or not, at least I would be able to adjust it for my driving style to arrive at the ideal.  I am doing some minor tweaks to what I imagine should be improved and I hope I am on the right path!   :icon_confused:    Yesterday, I tried the G40 and when I found as Skanda that the available differential settings had changed.  So I tweaked it a little.   In our last test, I was really behind with the G40 but yesterday, I think I improved judging with a certain fast driver that joins me many times in the USA evening hours and I was closer to him in the G40 compared to the L72 so hopefully I am on the right path.  By the way, I am contemplating making the G40 races two laps less.   Yesterday, I went over 30 minutes in my Nurburging mock race.  I think it was 30:15, so one lap less would make it around 27:45.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:23:PM »
Iíve only raced it a handful of times and most of those were fixed set up. I donít remember what Iíve changed but I never change to much from default tbh.

What do you guys change on the diff ? Thatís something I never touch.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 05:37:PM »
On the Lotus I've stopped using the clutch diff and gone back to the limited slip. Accel set to 1.0 and deccel set to 8.0. My tyres are set to 1.11 Bar. That brings them to 1.2 when they warm up.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 05:44:PM »
Diff is always about personal preference. I want predictability and stability when transitioning from power to coast. I'm beating AI at 100% so it's working for me.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 07:12:PM »
Iíve only raced it a handful of times and most of those were fixed set up. I donít remember what Iíve changed but I never change to much from default tbh.

What do you guys change on the diff ? Thatís something I never touch.
I am starting to feel inadequate reading this.  Do you mean, you never adjust your tire pressure, brake pressure, brake bias, stabilizer bar, springs, shock absorbers, radiator opening ( car gulps plenty of air)?  And you are that fast and consistent?  I shudder to think how much faster you can be if you only tweaked your set up a little.  All I can say is that you got IT!

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 09:21:PM »
Generally just do the tyres, brake pressure, Wings if the car has them and ride height.

I used to do more but I found testing was spoiling my enjoyment of the game. I just load a stable set up as i prefer a planted car, they are generally pretty good in most cars Iíve driven. Generally speaking the tyres are set not to far out either just adjust for the race conditions. 

If I do come across a car that is a total handful I may change other things like springs etc but all really basic stuff.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:08:PM by thebag69 »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 11:20:PM »
On another note about tyres since the patch tyres work are now different. Although im not sure if it effects all cars.

From my races last night in GT3 cars the tyres are super sensitive to temp. Also even though the tyres were only showing 1mm wear on PCdash they were getting pretty sketchy.

I had a lot of wear at the end of our race last Thursday getting towards 45 - 50% on the front. So this could effect the race.

Has anyone done any longer runs since the patch ?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 10:42:AM »
I need to do more testing on this but my experience is that tyre wear affects the braking distance more than anything else.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:44:AM by Skanda-Five »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:AM »
I did a 16 lap race at Algarve last night against the AI and I didn't get significant tyre wear in the Lotus. My biggest issue was engine wear at 10%.

These cars are pretty sturdy too. Had a few tangles and not once did I damage the aero.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:58:AM by Skanda-Five »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:PM »
Yeah I had a lot of engine damage on Saturday. Maybe itís been changed as Iíve never noticed it on a Gat3 car before

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 12:15:AM »
Some bad news for this upcoming championship - the G40 GT5 has been changed in patch 4... for the worse.

I was in a public lobby race at Brands and didn't see a close race as usual but people spinning off all over the place - Druids, Hawthorns, Westfield, Sheens, Stirlings. I had the same problem at Nurburgring last night. It's become horribly twitchy on kerbs and bumps, and Nurburgring is a smooth track. I've since worked out it's because they've set the suspension rock hard and removed the option to change it. All my previous setups are now redundant and don't work on the car, recreating the original wrong setup bug. You'll have to start again if you want to race this and DO NOT LOAD AN OLD SETUP.

I think SMS have tried to lessen the options available to make it more a beginners car for setup but they've done the opposite and made it much more twitchy and not a beginners car when it comes to driving it.

The annoying thing is, there's no mention of changes to the GT5 in the patch notes and changes to the G40 (junior?) were;

"Tuned the Ginetta G40 to better control after large impacts and jump landings. Rebalanced side aero forces and tire carcass bump-rebound damping"

You may find potential recruits will be abandoning this car in droves, fortunately I found a setup fix (that I'm pleased to say I got right straight away. I'm learning something!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC1SIGUfkmU