Username: Password:

Author Topic: Season after the John Surtees Cup  (Read 1806 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Season after the John Surtees Cup
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 11:41:PM »
Worth a try mate. Itís a shame people have raced before havenít joined.

I think half the problem is in this game you see very few single seater lobbies. Obviously for some reason.

The range of cars in the game is superb. Really iconic cars like Group C other sports cars older F1 stuff. I think probably generally are put off because these cars are old. People would rather race what they can relate to. Generally speaking gamers are a lot younger than these cars ( Apart from us. + Throw in the cars are harder to drive. Puts people off.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 07:21:AM »
Sounds like a plan to me.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 08:19:AM »
Iím liking the ford gte on the Daytona road course if anyone is willing to give it a try.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 11:17:PM »
Ditto. The GTE is a real pleasure. Maybe we should test this out on Wednesday.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:AM »
Two things.
  • Your kind of the guy in charge.
  • I'm an advocate of once a course of action is decided, it is better to expend effort aimed at making the plan work vs switching plans seeking a better once.
Not all things bring increase, the tide comes in and then goes out.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 10:41:AM »
That's a philosophical point of view.

I love the G40 but it would be better to have more racers. If one excludes the other perhaps it's time to re-evaluate.

Still I like the odds of getting on the podium if there's only 5 of us!

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:PM »
My honest opinion, The cars are to different as you have said before your an open wheel league and need to focus on that. GT races should be on a different day altogether. I do think that you should explore the gt side of the game but trying to draw people into the league with gt cars and forcing open wheeler on them wont work. Some people might want to join just open wheeler and other's just GT.  But your championship require's a person that wants to race both types on the same night back to back at the same track.  Running gt and open wheels on different days will enable poeple to join one or the other and then think about the other championship because of how clean and fun the group is. Personally I dont like the 2 races per night championship it requires setting up two cars on the same track major boring imo. I also dont see the point in the practice races on Wednesdays for me its a wasted day of racing. I also would like to be able to race with the people in this league more often lol not just practicing for Thursdays race. So if your online send invites to for random stuff or even a quick post in the group psn" hey im doin this anone want to join". Me and legacy used to do random races all the time and they was always fun jump in and drive races. I have also seen something about assists being mentioned, I would also prefer all assist off so i know everyone is in the same boat. All assists on has put me off a few leagues in the past. But look it is impossible please everyone especially when you dont get much input except from the famous few.

Also the penalty system is still broken in lotus race on lap 1 i was hit with a return to position penalty forcing me to park up and wait. Then 2 corner's later rammed so hard at the hairpin i did 2 or 3 back flips before returning to earth with undriveable car thats why i left. I would also like to add that open lobby gt3 races with all assist on are some of the dirtiest lobby's i join online! Races will often start with crash/pileup at the first turn and often end up like a wreak fest race even with full damage on.

P.S Another thing i noticed is that this site is labeled as a PS3 racing league?(Google search)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:01:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 04:53:PM »
Good points well made.

Who is to say you have to have 2 different cars with 2 different championships? Why not pick a popular car - as he lotus 72 seems to be, and run two concurrent championships - the 8pm championship and the 9pm championship or maybe the Euro championship and the US championship (later start). You could have a season ending bonus 1-on-1 shoot-out between the two champions or best 3 etc.

If it is two cars I think you need similar cars with a junior and senior version. Like last time. Two very different cars is more likely to turn people off because it's less likely to find people who like both.

Real GT3 cars are designed to run with ABS and TC btw and they work at their best with these on. Personally I hate them now. They did something to they tyres which makes them very easy to overheat and makes the car undriveable until cooled. The GT4's and GTE's don't suffer from this though.

As a final thing, ever considered a team v team championship? I've done this a couple of times for Green Light Sim Racing. JAC filled in for a missing seat in the last race and was immediately competitive. The standard isn't too high, as such GLSR are being creamed by OTL atm! But the main advantage of this is you only need 6-8 drivers, not 16... I've found the racing to be very close indeed although often that is down to me playing a team game and getting a good start then trying to hold up the opposition. ;) It's a whole other level of fun! GLSR hate OTL though as they are a bit aggressive, so GLSR are be crying out to race a league that is more interested in clean close racing that just winning.

Vid e.g. of TvT here (GLRS are the Orange and Green cars, OTL the Blue):- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMhzydWwocw&t=13s

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 11:13:PM »
I have read the post and have been assimilating them.   We will continue with the G40 alongside the Lotus.  I opened a gt3 lobby yesterday at Oulton Park and had quite a few people join. 4 were obviously faster and others slower.  By lap 3, the faster drivers had already quit and found myself in 1st, with someone always in close proximity.   By the end just about everyone had quit except for 5 out of 12 with me finishing in 3rd due to a pit mistake.  My point is I feel those that quit with the g40 would also had quit the gt3. These same would also quit a season after a couple of races when they did not do well.   It takes a special character to keep going and do your best even if you know it wonít be upfront. I have done it and I think Skanda at one point was not doing that well, but we kept going.   We can still do the Gt3 and Gte on Wednesday to try them out and if we are suddenly inundated with drivers then, we know that we should have a season with them.    It is too close to season start to do a redirect.  I have been thinking about running another type of car on different day like on Wednesday and that would be suitable for the GT3, gt4 or gte.  I will have to have someone ready to take charge of this other day though and come up with the plan and proposal of full season.

Edit: By the way, lets do the Gt3 and gte at Daytona Road Course as Roundrocket suggested.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:15:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 11:43:PM »
If others donít join which seems very unlikely they will now I suppose it may be wise to cut our losses and do less rounds of the championship 3-4 ?

Put it down as a learning curve and start again ? Thoughts

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2018, 06:48:PM »
I was thinking lmntr that you have been doing this for 2 years or more with open wheels. There has been the ups and downs when it comes to having enough people in the league. You should stay with it . Thursday should be open wheel with the same car and maybe 2 different tracks. Make Wednesday the social with different cars and tracks until something becomes solid. I know Skanda and I have been here forever and will stick it out. More people will come as they always do.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2018, 10:47:AM »
I got so frustrated last night. 2 races and I managed a quarter of a lap in the second before being spun into the wall after being hit from behind. In the first race I got hit twice in the formation lap.

All I want is a lobby where I don't get smashed into and my race ruined. I hope we have some better racers in tonight.

I'm happy to race whatever. I just want to race instead of stopping for repairs. I'll settle for any format.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2018, 01:32:PM »
 Is it worth turning all damage off seen as its a open lobby.

P.s Im sorry for contact Lmntr the visibility is quite restricted in the ford gt they are wider than look from inside.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:PM »
Is it worth turning all damage off seen as its a open lobby.

P.s Im sorry for contact Lmntr the visibility is quite restricted in the ford gt they are wider than look from inside.
It is all forgotten, I have already moved on.