Username: Password:

Author Topic: Season after the John Surtees Cup  (Read 2055 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Season after the John Surtees Cup
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 03:02:AM »
Had a go in the 72 at Barcelona tonight. Seems good and stable at turn-in and mid-corner but has a horrible problem with rear traction that would suddenly snap loose at nowhere near full throttle, at which point it was always difficult to catch it. While diving into corners and rounding them fast was good, powering out of corners I was soon lacking in confidence.
Yes, I noticed that too.  It acts as if there is a tremendous sudden rise in torque in the upper range that is very noticeable if your steering is turned as in turn exit.  Similar in a way to the Lotus turbo.  I was not sure at that time if it had anything to do with the rear suspension set up or the engine torque band characteristics.    It appears to be engine related and you have to adjust the suspension to a happy medium based on your report.

In regards to Wednesday, I am happy to race what ever you fellows suggest.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 01:43:AM »
Fellows, I need your input in deciding what is the latest we should have already a season started ( 8 weeks).  So please look at your calendars and let me know what is your usual time away from home (vacation with family or otherwise ) in the coming months where ideally, the season should have ended by, to avoid scheduling conflicts. 

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 03:39:PM »
The earliest I can start is 8pm. I'm on call for work 1 week in 3 so I can't make it any earlier. I have a week off in March from  10th to 18th but should still be able to race.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 10:22:PM »
Iím happy to fit in with everyone else

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 01:49:PM »
Leaving for outer Alaska trip in early May, provided all is in order. No need to schedule around that though I'm cool with whatever is setup.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 04:30:PM »
I am looking to start the next season on March 8 which will be ending on the last Thursday of April.  ( 8 rounds ) This way it will give us a full Month of promotion.   Are we all set with Formula C and Lotus 72D?  It will have no-F1 tracks mainly in Europe.  ( I would like to save the American tracks for when we do IndyCar. ). Also, I think most will not want Bannochbrae included  :grin:  based on our experience!  I have not forgotten Wednesdaysí idea of doing something totally different.  If anyone would like take charge of a Wednesday format, which could grow into an alternate season, I would not mind.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 11:15:AM »
All the EU none F1 tracks excluding any short variants of F1 tracks & Nordschleife

ALGARVE
BRANDS HATCH (2 layouts)
BRNO
CADWELL PARK (3 layouts)
CIRCUIT DE  BUGATTI
DONINGTON PARk (2 layouts)
IMOLA
KNOCKHILL (5 layouts)
LE MANS
OULTON PARK (3 layouts)
OSCHERSLEBEN (3 layouts)
ROUEN LES ESSARTS (2 layouts)
SNETTERTON (3 layouts)
ZOLDER

What about the none F1 none EU tracks?
BATHURST
DUBAI (4 layouts)
FUJI
RUAPUNA (5 layouts)  This was wank last night!!  :shocked:
SUGO
ZIC

If i was to pick 8 EU only
ALGARVE
BRANDS HATCH GP
BRNO
CIRCUIT DE  BUGATTI
DONINGTON PARK GP
IMOLA
OULTON PARK
ZOLDER

Or Eu and extras
ALGARVE
BRANDS HATCH GP
BRNO
DUBAI GP
DONINGTON PARK GP
IMOLA
ZIC
ZOLDER
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:17:AM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 03:03:PM »

Or Eu and extras
ALGARVE
BRANDS HATCH GP
BRNO
DUBAI GP
DONINGTON PARK GP
IMOLA
ZIC
ZOLDER
I like your second set of 8 although I have no idea of what ZIC even looks like.  For tracks with different versions, I prefer the standard GP lenght.  I appreciate your work, Jod.   

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 03:35:PM »
ZIC   -    ZHUHAI INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT  (CHINA)

EDIT: whats is going to be first FC or 72? also default setups have been mentioned in a few post is this an option?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:52:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 06:34:PM »
I'd be very against default setups in these two cars and I'm sure others would be too. They both appear to need significant tweaking to get them driveable. The FC seemingly even more so than the 72 as became apparent from a test race last night that was a first for me, Skanda and GZR. Have you tried these two cars on default setup?

Default setups are probably better for cars that are ok out of the box.

Maybe a Wed night championship could be default setup on a track that is only announced last minute?

Also I discovered only yesterday that apparently default setup gives everyone wildly random fuel loads that can vary as much as some needing to stop for fuel and other not. Although that could work out to be an interesting equaliser. This is due to be fixed in the next patch.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:PM »
ZIC   -    ZHUHAI INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT  (CHINA)

EDIT: whats is going to be first FC or 72? also default setups have been mentioned in a few post is this an option?
Since you most likely be able to race only on the second race of the day, my offer still stands of letting you suggest a car to be always the second race of the day.
By the way, did you have trouble joining yesterday? I was the host and my internet is not really the best.  23 down, 4 up
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:36:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 02:04:AM »
That was me trying to race. Your connection showed red my end, i mangeged a total of 2 corners before I was kicked. I gave up.

Just an thought, youíre trying to build a league of single seaters here ( nothing wrong with that )
However PC2 has a far far far more tin top interested crowd. If you want full grids why not try both ?

I love both and happy to race anything but the closest racing Iíve had in PC2 was GT5 fixed set up.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 02:15:PM »
Single seat open wheel is not a must for me either. I'll drive whatever.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 07:57:PM »
That was me trying to race. Your connection showed red my end, i mangeged a total of 2 corners before I was kicked. I gave up.

Just an thought, youíre trying to build a league of single seaters here ( nothing wrong with that )
However PC2 has a far far far more tin top interested crowd. If you want full grids why not try both ?

I love both and happy to race anything but the closest racing Iíve had in PC2 was GT5 fixed set up.
:eusa_think:   Later on I will check out what cars are in the GT5 category.   I wonder if I can substitute Formula C for GT5.  It would still be two separate championships running on the same day  (GT5 and Lotus 72D instead of  FC and L72D).  I was struggling with a narrative for FC. (Torpedo Kyvat Cup? or Carlos Sainz Jr. Cup).    Lotus72D will be the Emerson Fittipaldi Cup in honor of his Championship.  I will appreciate your help if you have any ideas on promotion or even better if you write it  :icon_mrgreen: .    I have no idea what famous driver would be associated with a GT5 machine ( for promotional purpose).

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 12:00:AM »
Iím not aware of any famous drivers that have gone through GT5. Its bacicly a championship for very young drivers to start off in tin tops. I donít think itís been going that long for any of them to be Top drivers yet. Although I donít really follow any car racing these days.

For promoting Iíd say advertising on PC and GT plannet forums. Discord and Facebook seem to be also popular mediaís to promote also.

Just an idea Iím happy to just drive single seaters
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:02:AM by thebag69 »