Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 1, John Surtees Championship, Hockenheimring GP, November 30th 2017  (Read 1128 times)

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
I'm just going for the standard T3PA pedals, the pro version is a bit too much for me.

The best button to map the accelerator too for me is R2 and that isn't pressure sensitive and only applies full throttle, so hopefully my dodgy fix will work.
In the Rookie i did a high 1.56, kept finding that the back end was a bit loose compared to normal though. But in the Lotus I think it was around 1.55, the same as you.  :flag:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:10:PM by JAC-1234 »

Offline legacy-8

Hi guys

Really sorry, I won't be able to make tonight, crazy busy with work.  I have heard patch 3.0 is currently with Sony too, so we should hopefully see the update real soon

Have fun!!
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Hi guys

Really sorry, I won't be able to make tonight, crazy busy with work.  I have heard patch 3.0 is currently with Sony too, so we should hopefully see the update real soon

Have fun!!

Really hope that one will make a big difference, I really want to be racing with you guys again (and go through career mode etc), just not the way the game is right now.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
I had a good result in rookie i got dicked at the start not sure what happens but my car seems to die when the lights go green. Anyway I lost about 3 places so i pitted early lap 3ish and managed to get in free air and jump Lmntr and nichos when they pitted on about lap 8ish. Tbf it was almost like i was in a time trail as i never really gained or lost much time to cars in front or behind. How are wet tyres that much better! Although i still didn't seem to heat them up (60c-70c) but they just had so much more grip in the corners lol. So thanks for the tip :thumb_up:

Sorry about the lotus race i tried to stick it out in the pits but after watching for 2 laps i was done lol. I did not want to start talking in case it put people off, did it affect the replay at all? My engine blew up on lap 3 my radiator duct was at 100% and I was not red lining any more than I normally would or more than I did in the quali session. The only thing I can think is me and Lmntr tangled twice and I got front and rear damage on the game screen and 3 suspension arms showing yellow on p cars dash (what does this mean?) . After the bumps the car felt fine and I was monitoring the screen for the engine wear and was going to pit using the default strategy. But for a whole lap it only rose 1 or 2% so I stopped paying attention to it and carried on. I didnt notice any warnings and half way round the next lap it just blew up! After watching my game capture the oil/water temps on the speedo was at 145c is that considered hot? I will be keeping a close eye on this in the future and I think I will be creating some pit strategies to accommodate just damage as this must of been the cause.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:17:AM by jod08 »

Offline nichos1990

• your custom title
i had the same jod with the lotus. no engine damage then i clipped the tyrewall on the way out of the pits and did 8 damage to my front end. 3/4 lap later i looked at my hud had 90 engine damage and it blew just after

Offline jod08

Yeah i think my front damage on game was 11 and i did a hole lap and half like this and then engine went from 4% - 100% in 20 seconds! :wtf:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:41:AM by jod08 »

Offline SCClockDr

@jod08 145C = 293F. That is indeed extremely HOT. The damage must have closed up the radiator.
On RS-Dash yellow is usually manageable and no Black Flag, orange will yield a PIT-
-IN Black Flag & significantly degrade driving. I've not attempted to go many laps with the PIT-IN warning displayed so not sure if you get DQ'd
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline jod08

@jod08 145C = 293F. That is indeed extremely HOT. The damage must have closed up the radiator.
On RS-Dash yellow is usually manageable and no Black Flag, orange will yield a PIT-
-IN Black Flag & significantly degrade driving. I've not attempted to go many laps with the PIT-IN warning displayed so not sure if you get DQ'd

Thanks mate

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I qualified in 6th for the Rookie race and had a fairly good expectation for the race but as the race progressed since early on I could tell definitely who my nemesis was going to be.  In fact we had a race long battle passing him many times and just as much he repassing on the straight before the hairpin.  I am certain that I know how Alonso feels if only for one race.  There was something marvelous about nichos1990 acceleration that I knew he was on his way every time!  I could see him creeping up slowly as in slow motion.  Jod was faster about a second a lap?  as he managed to pass while we were in the pits as he said.   The Lotus race was much more satisfying in qualifying 3rd as I usually do better in it than the Rookie.  The start was good and soon I was fighting with Jod and he managed to pass me but then I was in pursuit which I messed up braking later than him and tapping him off the road.  I waited for him as I saw many go by me I was in 10th! and then I accelerated thinking that by now jod had been allowed by but then later I found out he was right behind me!  Anyway, had a great race that by around lap 4 or so, I had recovered to 6th Place; by now I could see that further progress was going to be a miracle as I saw which fellows were in front...and so I finished in 5th, right behind ClockDr who had the measure of me and kept me at bay no matter how much I tried.   

I will be posting the tables shortly.  Please keep in mind to read the league rules in particular, the points procedure.   There are half points and no points depending where you finish.   Let me know if you have any questions.  Going forward, please stay in the lobby.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:05:PM by lmntr »