Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 2, John Surtees Championship, Nurburgring GP, December 14th 2017  (Read 994 times)

Offline SCClockDr

Pre patch 3.01 1L of fuel shortens the stop but the gain is random from 1.x to 3.x seconds from a do nothing stop. Post patch I'll need to test when or if.

The game feels the same to me and i am still using all my orginal setups without deleting them. The only change i have noticed is the track limits are worse than before??? I have not driven the 25 or rookie since the last race at hock. Thanks for the info about the pits has anyone tried the wet tyres yet?
Can't still waiting for the update/patch.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Pre patch 3.01 1L of fuel shortens the stop but the gain is random from 1.x to 3.x seconds from a do nothing stop. Post patch I'll need to test when or if.

The game feels the same to me and i am still using all my orginal setups without deleting them. The only change i have noticed is the track limits are worse than before??? I have not driven the 25 or rookie since the last race at hock. Thanks for the info about the pits has anyone tried the wet tyres yet?

I donít know about the fuel thing. The other league I race in has stopped pit stops because 5 of us got stuck in the pits a few weeks ago.

The fuel calculator is dodgy though. The app says 1 thing the game says completely different. I think you have to a few laps before the in game calculator gives an accurate reading.

I did see a post earlier today this had happened post patch to.

Iíve deleted all my set ups and started a fresh last night. I retract my previous statement that Iíve not really noticed a difference. I now see a difference in how some cars handle.

Since Saturday I now have yet another internet fault. Which they were supposed to come and sort today but didnít turn up ! Basically Iíve been just driving a couple of cars offline each night and seeing whatís what. Although Iíve not done much a few of them feel different. Most noticeable was the Ferrari Gt3. I could not get that to work on hard tyres previously but now itís a lot better.

I did or attempted to do a few races on Saturday in the Lotus but I used my previous set ups. Tbh it was a complete cluster fuck of a nights racing for me. It did feel as if it was the same really. I donít know if that will change now Iíve deleted set ups. Tbh Iíve not driven it that much to really tell.

Seriously bad point - Track limits and penalties are seriously ridiculous now. Tbh Itís been that long since Iíve been able to race here I canít remember if they are on or off. You really need to turn them off now if they are on. Iím all for being fair and not cutting but they are way over powered and not consistent. You get them if you run slightly wide now and dip a wheel on the grass, yet other corners that would gain you time you can bang over the curb with pretty much all 4 wheels.

How are you Donald Trump boys finding it ? Maybe something is different with it being held back ? Possibly introducing tracks that donít go in circles  :13:

Offline SCClockDr

I donít know about the fuel thing. The other league I race in has stopped pit stops because 5 of us got stuck in the pits a few weeks ago.

The fuel calculator is dodgy though. The app says 1 thing the game says completely different. I think you have to a few laps before the in game calculator gives an accurate reading.

I did see a post earlier today this had happened post patch to.

Iíve deleted all my set ups and started a fresh last night. I retract my previous statement that Iíve not really noticed a difference. I now see a difference in how some cars handle.

Since Saturday I now have yet another internet fault. Which they were supposed to come and sort today but didnít turn up ! Basically Iíve been just driving a couple of cars offline each night and seeing whatís what. Although Iíve not done much a few of them feel different. Most noticeable was the Ferrari Gt3. I could not get that to work on hard tyres previously but now itís a lot better.

I did or attempted to do a few races on Saturday in the Lotus but I used my previous set ups. Tbh it was a complete cluster fuck of a nights racing for me. It did feel as if it was the same really. I donít know if that will change now Iíve deleted set ups. Tbh Iíve not driven it that much to really tell.

Seriously bad point - Track limits and penalties are seriously ridiculous now. Tbh Itís been that long since Iíve been able to race here I canít remember if they are on or off. You really need to turn them off now if they are on. Iím all for being fair and not cutting but they are way over powered and not consistent. You get them if you run slightly wide now and dip a wheel on the grass, yet other corners that would gain you time you can bang over the curb with pretty much all 4 wheels.

How are you Donald Trump boys finding it ? Maybe something is different with it being held back ? Possibly introducing tracks that donít go in circles  :13:
I find the lotus end FR more controllable after the 3.01 patch. The tires seem far more sensitive to ambient and track temperature. The FR wets now overheat easily and lose grip after 1 hot lap so that trick is pretty much over.

On saving tunes, if you load an All Tracks tune & save it over what you loaded it will move it to a track specific tune. I do not see it as an issue though as you can load tunes from any track, so it is all good.
Now to come up with a naming convention that will keep things organized.
Using the same name in different cars works because all the tunes for that car are in the same file.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
I noticed last night how you can definitely see a visual improvement to the 'live track' as by a couple of laps gravel was on quite a few corners, has anyone felt like this has affected the grip levels though?

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Nice to be able to join again tonight at long last.

Iím totally disheartened by this internet issue its still buggered even though they came to fix it yet again today. They said it was working ok. If it was working ok it wouldnít of gone off for the last 30 mins  :040:

Thankfully it didnít stop working while we were racing.

https://youtu.be/V_I7CysR4kw

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
I noticed last night how you can definitely see a visual improvement to the 'live track' as by a couple of laps gravel was on quite a few corners, has anyone felt like this has affected the grip levels though?

Yes it took me a while to notice but the speckly bits on the track is gravel. Seems a bit randomly place but at least you can see it now than be left wondering why you span off!

Pity I missed the fun in race 2. I would've been up there battling despite accidentally deleting my setup in quali.

Race 1 was intense. At least I'm not making it too easy for Jac. Still learning setups. Next time... https://youtu.be/ttJat5PvPcQ
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:45:PM by Mattikake »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title

Iím totally disheartened by this internet issue its still buggered even though they came to fix it yet again today. They said it was working ok. If it was working ok it wouldnít of gone off for the last 30 mins  :040:

That does not make sense, are you receiving your main signal off satellite? or is it wired in to your home.  Are you in a building where someone has spliced into your connection?  If you enter your modem you should be able to see a log of all devices ever connected.  Do you have a repeater and you are connected to it.   I am just puzzled.  Some companies share the bandwidth with a whole area which affects traffic speed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:40:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I qualified well for the lotus race and had great expectations.  I think I did an Alonso start and took the outside in the first turn and gained several positions ( I have to relook at my replay ). Anyway, I got hit on the chicane in the first lap and was trying to make a decision on the flight but I had not done a ďdamageĒ strategy and the times I had selected damage off the pit menu while on the race, it did not changed anything.  Besides, I think it keeps you in the pits too long that by the time you get out, it is already about a lap down.  So...I decided to stay out with suspension damage which hindered my performance by about 2 seconds a lap.  I finished near the back.    I did much better in the Formula Rookie race but I still feel I need to tweak further to get more out of the car.  So I finished mid- field despite having a top speed compromised by having the top gear slightly short.  So I must investigate shifting the gearing to stay longer in the sweet spot.    Congrats  to JAC-123 Verstappen; he is trashing the field including Mattikake Hamilton!!!
And how about the Sub-driver making his first appearance with no practice getting his car at the last moment after his team was surprised when they saw him walk into the garage as they were loafing around having drinks and flipping peanuts in their mouth; He walked in with suit on and helmet in hand.  They had to rush to dust off the car in the corner of the garage without having touched the settings.  What a performance by a fellow ďold bag or something like that!   :grin:     See you fellows at Silverstone GP next!   :13:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:12:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title

That does not make sense, are you receiving your main signal off satellite? or is it wired in to your home.  Are you in a building where someone has spliced into your connection?  If you enter your modem you should be able to see a log of all devices ever connected.  Do you have a repeater and you are connected to it.   I am just puzzled.  Some companies share the bandwidth with a whole area which affects traffic speed.

Itís wired connection straight to the house.

When it works itís generally fine. Then the speed randomly drops to a ridiculous low speed or the internet dies completely.

They have been out again today and said itís working exactly as it should. However they have changed me to a different sort of filter.

That was first thing this morning and itís not cut out since. Iím not counting my chickens yet but itís bern 100% fine today. We will see.

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
 Bag, after watching your video, I noticed that your pit stop was somewhere around 5 sec. I have mine set to add 1 litre and my stop was 2.2 seconds. So just an FYI.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Bag, after watching your video, I noticed that your pit stop was somewhere around 5 sec. I have mine set to add 1 litre and my stop was 2.2 seconds. So just an FYI.

Cheers 👍 TBh I didnít realise you had to pit. I just tried messing with it on the fly god knows what I ended up with.