Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 2, John Surtees Championship, Nurburgring GP, December 14th 2017  (Read 1325 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Nurburgring GP
5.14km
16 Turns
12 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:03:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
I've been meddling with my Lotus setup. Mainly the differential and the tyre geometry. Just managed a 2:18.4 versus the AI at 100% doing 2:19.3.

No doubt our resident aliens will smash that with a 2:14.0 or something equally mental, but for now I'm happy.

I reckon there's easily a second to be gained (or lost) in sector 1, especially for the turn 1 braking point.

Don't forget it's Lotus 25 first this week.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
I reckon there's easily a second to be gained (or lost) in sector 1, especially for the turn 1 braking point.

lol what about the 3-8 seconds to be made from cutting the chicane  :icon_twisted: even with track limits on i have seem people almost straight line it in the gt3s and cut the second part of the corner an get away it lol.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:58:AM by jod08 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
So now I'm doing 2:10 (as long as no one looks at my laps! )

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title

lol what about the 3-8 seconds to be made from cutting the chicane  :icon_twisted: even with track limits on i have seem people almost straight line it in the gt3s and cut the second part of the corner an get away it lol.

Yes, I have seen them cut the second chicane apex many times in videos when someone behind is trying their best to catch and pass the car in front.  Hey, it is easy, a proposal, a second, a vote and majority wins.   

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Was playing around in Sharefactory and made some highlights from the last round.

Rookie: https://youtu.be/Bgx7BjI6abA
Lotus: https://youtu.be/zhxgQKJysOU

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
I had a very active Rookie race. There was only 1 lap where I wasn't battling a car and that was the fastest lap. :) Amazing I only had 1% damage on my front end, well until the I crossed the line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuOhqe3REb0

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
I had a very active Rookie race. There was only 1 lap where I wasn't battling a car and that was the fastest lap. :) Amazing I only had 1% damage on my front end, well until the I crossed the line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuOhqe3REb0

Bacicly what you should do is apologise to the people whoís race you fucked up.

Sorry I canít restrain myself anymore. Matt you might be quick but you race like an absolute wanker as Iíve kindly tried to point out previously.

You have what you call  a racing incident every time your near another car ffs but your oblivious to the fact that youíve fucked up.

Click click itís time to wake up. You are far far far to aggressive. Iíve just watched 10 min of your vid tonight and youíve had more hits than Elvis 🕺. WTF the vid you posted last night was trying to explain your actions with arrows 😳

Sorry for the rant please donít take it personally. You seem an ok fella tbh which could and should have the the potential to be a fast clean racer. Itís the way you race that is the problem. Please take this as a conservative criticism learn and make everyoneís experience better.

This is purely coincidental Iíve had a race tonight like this. This is a reverse grid start which went a bit tits up for some people hence I held back at the start. You donít need to be aggressive. You need to pass clean no matter how faster you are than the guy in front. Itís bloody frustrating but all ads to the fun.

Iím no expert tbh I nearly mess up on the braking zones in the vid. What Iím trying to say is if you give everyone a little more respect on track we will all enjoy it more.

https://youtu.be/60ZJU7_4iB8

Offline jod08

Was playing around in Sharefactory and made some highlights from the last round.

Rookie: https://youtu.be/Bgx7BjI6abA
Lotus: https://youtu.be/zhxgQKJysOU

haha how soft are your front springs looks like you have pogo sticks for shocks :bounce:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
For those that already have the 3.0 update, there are a few things that the rest of us would like to know if anyone knows and is happy to share.   I keep reading that the tires overheat and do not last long.  So the question is:  is a a matter of just adjusting the tire pressures to reduce temperatures?  I believe brake temperatures also affect the tire temperatures and thus their pressures, so the question is assuming this is optimized.   Has the car balance changed to the point that you need an altogether different setup besides just adjusting the tire pressures.  Did your pre 3.0 setups feel similar?     Tire life,  just how worn are the tires if you do not change them after a 12 lap race at Nurburgring GP mock race?  The reason we went to mandatory pit was because the tire wear was almost unnoticeable.   Now, letís just hope they can get the update to the rest of us before next race.   :eusa_pray:

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
I'm using my old setups. Running my tyres at the lowest pressure, I've had no issues. 

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
I havenít really noticed any difference to the game other than online championships thing tbh

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I believe in giving everyone equal footing, specially in a championship.  It is the reason that we shared previously before the first round, that the wet tires on the Rookie were better than the slicks. The other day while playing with GZR_SCClocDr in a public lobby, he mentioned that even though he made a pit stop before another driver where he needed nothing done, the other driver was done before him.  Now, I came across a thread in the PCars forum explaining that if you add just 1 liter of fuel, your stop is quicker than those doing nothing.   I have not tested this yet but I feel it is good to share.

Offline SCClockDr

Pre patch 3.01 1L of fuel shortens the stop but the gain is random from 1.x to 3.x seconds from a do nothing stop. Post patch I'll need to test when or if.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline jod08

Pre patch 3.01 1L of fuel shortens the stop but the gain is random from 1.x to 3.x seconds from a do nothing stop. Post patch I'll need to test when or if.

The game feels the same to me and i am still using all my orginal setups without deleting them. The only change i have noticed is the track limits are worse than before??? I have not driven the 25 or rookie since the last race at hock. Thanks for the info about the pits has anyone tried the wet tyres yet?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:41:AM by jod08 »