Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 3, John Surtees Championship, Silverstone GP, December 21st 2017  (Read 481 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Silverstone GP
5.89km
18 Turns
10 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:04:AM by lmntr »

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Put together some more highlights from the last round.
Lotus: https://youtu.be/xZIs6AnlUP8
Rookie: https://youtu.be/wn4br2n2Lgw

How's everyone doing around here?

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Miserably in the lotus for me. I struggle to get in the 2:23s and I've tried all kinds of setups because my nurburgring one doesn't appear to work here. I've got no time to put practice in the week sadly.

I can get into the 2:22s iirc in the rookie though. I put that simply down to tyres working and being able to turn assists off.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
That's still pretty quick, my set up seems to work well here

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Put together some more highlights from the last round.
Lotus: https://youtu.be/xZIs6AnlUP8
Rookie: https://youtu.be/wn4br2n2Lgw

How's everyone doing around here?

Wow one wheel touched the grass and my car flew off the track. haha i forgot about the rookie race my headset died after qualli and as i stud up to get the remote to turn the tv up i kicked my drink over smashing the glass against my rig. I tried to back out before the race started but as i highlighted exit it loaded the race start intro. I didn't want to exit then because of the race licence loss. The dog was on the sofa asleep so i just jumped back in the seat & turned the volume up on the tv. On the back straight before the chicane i lifted a bit & touched the grass and had no control and hit the wall. The damage meant a 1 min stand still in the pits. My swearing at the tv woke the dog up and as i exited the pits he jumps down off the sofa and starts to walk around. Ffs "move dog go lie down" no he wants to sniff the floor where the glass is! trying to drive with that going on was not something i could manage & lost it in turn 5 hit the wall with more damage than before so just retired to pits and cleaned the mess up lol. Tbf my car felt wrong come the race like it didn't load my setup. I had the same problem last night at Brno/GT3's. Qualli was sweet no problem but come the race it was like i was on ice. Same track temps same date and time infact most of the lobby was skidding everywhere very unusual for a GT3 race. Also does engine damage not work properly in quaili? In the lotus last week i could lap and lap in quailli with zero damage yet come the race i was getting 4-6% per lap?
p.s i wont make it tonight and possibly not on Thursday need to sort some Christmas stuff  :icon_sad:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:55:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Tbf my car felt wrong come the race like it didn't load my setup. I had the same problem last night at Brno/GT3's. Qualli was sweet no problem but come the race it was like i was on ice. Same track temps same date and time infact most of the lobby was skidding everywhere very unusual for a GT3 race. Also does engine damage not work properly in quaili?
p.s i wont make it tonight and possibly not on Thursday need to sort some Christmas stuff  :icon_sad:

Finally someone here has seen this happen! It was the reason I quit the gavra league as it affects GT3 cars the most (4 out of 7 races for me in fact).

No-one is sure what is going on or has spotted a clear pattern to it yet but it seems like some people have different track conditions in a race. It could be the live track bug that isn't fixed but I think it's a processing power/control input delay as it only seems to happen to me on a full lobby with people all over the world. Never had it happen in a 10tenths race yet but there is a first time for everything! See if you can see a pattern.

Gavra was always mixing up the weather conditions but we always have clear weather and I think that helps make pc2 more stable. It was a critical fail of fairness for competitive racing and that was the reason I quit.

The disturbing thing is, if it's down to processing power that would require such a fundamental rewrite of the game that I think it will never be fixed... :(

I'll probably be missing the race Christmas week due to being about 100 miles from my rig at parents. Considered taking the ps4 and a controller but is there a point when we can drop 2 rounds?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:21:PM by Mattikake »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Tbf my car felt wrong come the race like it didn't load my setup. I had the same problem last night at Brno/GT3's. Qualli was sweet no problem but come the race it was like i was on ice. Same track temps same date and time infact most of the lobby was skidding everywhere very unusual for a GT3 race. Also does engine damage not work properly in quaili?

Finally someone here has seen this happen! It was the reason I quit the gavra league as it affects GT3 cars the most (4 out of 7 races for me in fact).

No-one is sure what is going on or has spotted a clear pattern to it yet but it seems like some people have different track conditions in a race. It could be the live track bug that isn't fixed but I think it's a processing power/control input delay as it only seems to happen to me on a full lobby with people all over the world. Never had it happen in a 10tenths race yet but there is a first time for everything! See if you can see a pattern.

Gavra was always mixing up the weather conditions but we always have clear weather and I think that helps make pc2 more stable. It was a critical fail of fairness for competitive racing and that was the reason I quit.

The disturbing thing is, if it's down to processing power that would require such a fundamental rewrite of the game that I think it will never be fixed... :(

I'll probably be missing the race Christmas week due to being about 100 miles from my rig at parents. Considered taking the ps4 and a controller but is there a point when we can drop 2 rounds?

Your experience with different track conditions for some in the lobby left me thinking about something I just discovered in our own lobby settings.  Our in-game race start time is 14:00 hours and default date.  I realized the other day that the default date is affected by the season and is not locked-in to an specific date as in Project Cars 1.  So, officially for us will be Summer Season and has been edited.  I wonder what date and season is being selected for your lobby.    Also, under personal visual effects, there is a setting where you can remove the rain for your game experience, so I wonder if that also affects track conditions.   Something to look into. 

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Bit of a poor turnout but Christmas etc people have things on.

Bit dull of a race action wise but good fun chasing the leaders. Pit stop messed it for me again but thatís my own fault. Itís a waste of time me preparing for this as I cannot race both races each week.

My internet seems sorted finally happy days.

https://youtu.be/ubOZiSzOH4k
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:55:PM by thebag69 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I missed the first race in the Formula Rookie but managed to get in on time for the Lotus.  I had a very good result for qualifying but struggled most of my race with what I though was a heavy fuel load handling but it stayed for the whole race.   I fought practically all race long MRACE123 with us exchanging places maybe a couple of times and never really getting away from each other until I decided to pit and to my relief, he decided to pit until the next lap so that I can try to maximize my lap and have better temperature when he pulled out.  I managed just to barely pass him but it was enough for me, then it was just a matter of concentration and car placement.  I finished in 4th place so it was time to celebrate with some Pinot Noir Meome.    See you fellows next week.
The championship tables are a little skewed as I will start removing the two worse after the 4th round.  Please look through them for any issues.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:34:AM by lmntr »

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Had a shambles last night. Just glad they won't count

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
 Gutted I couldn't make it. Work returns to normal again now starting with 5 days off!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.