Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 4, John Surtees Championship, Imola, December 28th 2017  (Read 498 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Imola
4.90km
17 Turns
12 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:04:AM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 4, John Surtees Championship, Imola, December 28th 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 02:45:AM »
I have been tweaking my set up further for the Lotus trying to get rid of the oversteer at least during mid and corner exit; I do it slowly and then go test for a few laps and I believe I actually feel the changes!  :icon_wink:   I do not know where I will place in comparison with this in race but I was at least very close in last race qualifying.   Unless Jac and Matt had an off-day :eusa_think: !    Anyway, I will probably start further tweaks in the Rookie after this race.     :grin:   See you fellows there! 

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:32:PM »
I think the Lotus is a great car for learning setups. It's very responsive to small changes and you can dramatically change the handling of the car with a few tweaks. Basically if the car with the default stable setup understeers massively at corner entry and oversteers massively on corner exit, create a setup that does the reverse! Because it's so responsive to changes you can go too far and change the car from being neutral in and out, to oversteer in and understeer out too.

I took my PS4 with me on my Christmas holiday, so if I can set it up on the WiFi I'll do live commentary for the next round. So no embarrassing mistakes, because it will get seen and commented on! ;)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:50:AM »
The set ups in this game are all pretty decent from the off. After the last patch I deleted all my set ups. Last week I ran stock stable settings just changed fuel load.

With how the time has changed and swapping which car is first I can’t be in the running to win anything so no point in practicing or trying to get a set up.

The cars are just fun to race 👍

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:21:PM »
Sadly it doesn't look like I'll be able to live stream or commentate because my parents BB is too slow. It's only 0.3mbs upload and I get messages saying something like "you're too country bumpkin to broadcast gameplay. Move to the city". I can stream single player footage but not online footage. I think the only way it could work is if someone streamed and then I commented on that stream but even then that wouldn't really work properly. :(

I suppose I could watch, record and commentate and then upload later.

Offline Brewin888

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 04:41:PM »
Unfortunately I'm unable to make tonight's race as the mother in laws flight as been delayed and I not sure if I will be back to race on time, if I get back in time I will race. Good luck all and have fun....

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 06:59:PM »
I had a better race in the Lotus as usual and managed to obtain a good result in with a podium.   I can not say the same of the Formula Rookie; the start and the first laps were promising as I was able to miraculously keep up in the top three group pulling away and began to feel invincible!  I started to go faster and faster and that was my undoing.  Usually I try to be consistent but every now and then I fall prey of intoxicating feeling of speed and this was another!  hey, it is not many times you get to keep up with Jac!  At least at first  :icon_sad:   I blame it all on him giving a false sense of security  :grin:    Anyway, time to put it all behind me and recoup!   See you fellows next at Le Bugatti CIrcuit  :icon_smile:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 07:18:PM »
I was watching when all that unfolded in the rookie race. The commentary feed should prove to be insightful for you lmntr...

Lotus:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78GFmzPki8

Rookie:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L3LjfgCawY

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 09:13:PM »
Enjoyed them races, I had fun having a battle in the rookie but may have left it too late to come into the pits  :bounce: Well done Nichos! Looking forward to the next
The commentating was great also! Good to watch the race back with some talking and entertainment  :13:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 10:08:PM »
The tables have been updated but while watching both of Matt,s videos, I noticed I finished in 2nd in the lotus race where on my video I finished in 3rd.  The problem is that I deleted them and now I can not confirm except for the notes I have.    The results of the rookie appear correct.   in Matt,s video of the lotus, Jac finishes last and on my notes I have Jac winning.  All the other drivers are in correct sequence.  Can someone confirm the lotus results?   

Offline nichos1990

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 11:29:PM »
great 2 races last night again. On that final lap if you watch back JAC lifted on the start/finish straight which just gave me track position to break as late as i did into turn 1. The alien has his human moments after all.

i agree with everything mattikake says about the assists. they really can kill you mid corner if you try and carry too much speed  through. Ive learnt to be seriously slow in and accelerate through the corner gradually turning the wheel harder as speed builds. Seems to work although i do still have the odd moment where it ‘straightens’ me up and throws me off