Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, John Surtees Championship, Le Bugatti Circuit, January 4th 2018  (Read 463 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
4.27km
14 Turns
15 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:04:PM by lmntr »

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
I won't be racing tonight, been ill in bed all week and don't have the energy. I may put the game on to watch though, good luck and have fun!   :cheer:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
You keep denying me these straight fights! :p

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Nice race guys. Well done Matt

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
I had an expected good qualifying result for the Formula Rookie but it was out of nowhere; I was sure I was not be able to sustain that during the race.  I succumbed to pressure a couple of times in the middle of the race even though I did a good job of ignoring those hounding me in the early part.  I did okay but not great and finished 6th from my 3rd place start; still a good points haul.  I did well in qualifying for the Lotus 25 and finished the same for the race; in 5th Place. There was a point in the lotus race that I saw to my relief 3 fighting very close together behind a fairly good distance as I though that they would slow down each other, that allowed me just to concentrate and go for a late pit stop as I did not want to be involved in their fight.  All in all, an excellent racing day.    Congrats, Matt. 
The tables have been updated but you will be able to see better where you stand after the 6th race.  As always, please inspect them and let me know of any issues.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:13:AM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Quite dull races from my pov, but you'll always take it if that means winning comfortably. Not too sure where my pace came from but having said so much about not letting the FR slide I've found you can let it slide a bit at the right moments for more turn. Seemed to gain a lot of speed doing that. Set the fastest lap at the end for the Verstappen pay bonus.

Quali in the Lotus was the best bit.

Sorting out replays now.