Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 7, John Surtees Championship, Monza, January 18th 2018  (Read 594 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP
5.79km
11 Turns
11 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:07:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: Round # 7, John Surtees Championship, Monza, January 18th 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:AM »
Braking zones are going to be interesting in the Lotus.

Been doing some tests with tyre pressures. Ran the long straight at the green hell and with lowest pressure 0.8 bar I'm 25 kmh slower than half pressure 1.9 bar. That's a massive difference. New setup required!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:59:PM »
Yes, too low of a tyre pressure will affect top end speed.   I remember Hockenheim very well when I would pass someone and he would promptly do a repass before the hairpin turn every single time!  I did not know it at that time ;  I had pressures all way down in an attempt to raise temperatures.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 02:12:PM »
But braking ability and traction are also important here and soft tyre pressures help with these. Like everything, it's a trade-off.

Likewise so does gearing and closed radiators for top speed v's reliability. I can get the car to do 142mph on the main straight but it's screaming at me and takes more than 2% engine damage per lap. I've managed to get it to blow within 10 laps in FP...

(no idea where the 154mph top speed in the specs comes from)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:32:PM »
Sorry I quit I couldn’t get round to the pits, I had no rear end.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:38:PM »
Gutted missed put on the slipstreaming battle with jac and nij in the rookies. I should've just punted jac instead of hitting the brakes at parabolica.

2 more that could've should've been wins. Ah well. Just a mathematical chance now...

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 04:51:PM »
Gutted missed put on the slipstreaming battle with jac and nij in the rookies. I should've just punted jac instead of hitting the brakes at parabolica.

2 more that could've should've been wins. Ah well. Just a mathematical chance now...
We should not resort to Schumacher/Villeneuve, Senna/Prost or Prost/Senna tactics to try to win the championship! :040: :grin:
If my mathematics are not wrong, you can already proclaim JAC-1234, champion of the Jim Clark Cup due to his greatest number of wins.  You still have a chance in the Rookie.   I enjoyed both of the Monza races as my results were a little better than usual and it was nice to see GZR_SCClockDr fighting for his podium in front of me and coming up ahead!  Well done.   :great:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:27:PM »
Sorry, missed the ":p" emoti. I was joking of course!

From the moment Jac made a mistake and was slow in front of me I knew I was doomed to a spin as I knew I'd have to dab the brakes. The speed difference as too much to lift-off and coast. I couldn't turn more than I was and running off the track has been kinda programmed out of me by PCARS2 TL's. So I accepted my fate and dabbed the brakes...

edit: yeah did the maths last night and Jac would always win on the wins countback.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:33:PM by Mattikake »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:35:PM »
Sorry, missed the ":p" emoti. I was joking of course!

I knew that, I was playing with you!  :sign0151:    But it is good to clarify in case someone takes it out of context.   :icon_biggrin:

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 10:26:AM »
You never know what will happen, still Mathematically possible for both

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 01:47:PM »
I could sabotage your isp I guess.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:PM »

We should not resort to Schumacher/Villeneuve, Senna/Prost or Prost/Senna tactics to try to win the championship! :040: :grin:
If my mathematics are not wrong, you can already proclaim JAC-1234, champion of the Jim Clark Cup due to his greatest number of wins.  You still have a chance in the Rookie.   I enjoyed both of the Monza races as my results were a little better than usual and it was nice to see GZR_SCClockDr fighting for his podium in front of me and coming up ahead!  Well done.   :great:
Thank You Imntr! I managed to avoid my usual flub or two and was amazed I managed to stay ahead of roundrocket. I reviewed the Rookie event and found Jod went for a wide hole between cars that closed as the track narrowed. I am chocking it up as a racing mishap, just one of those things. Getting stuck in the mud was a new experience, glad I had the reset button assigned. I thought it was forbidden to use, thanks for the verbal prompts guys.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 10:45:PM »
GZR_SCClockDr, That was a fun finally two laps. I almost spun in the first chicane on the last lap which gave me too much of a gap to close. At least it was better than me crashing out on my own while in 3 place by 10 sec in the rookie. That sucked.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 08:34:AM »
I reviewed the Rookie event and found Jod went for a wide hole between cars that closed as the track narrowed. I am chocking it up as a racing mishap, just one of those things.

Sorry for that, honestly i thought i was going to get passed all three cars at once lmfao. As i came out the last corner and had so much more speed saw two cars wheel to wheel on the left one car on the right and a nice open space to slip through. By the time i realised what was going to happening my wheels was interlocked and it was just a fucking mess. Kind of like Verstappen @ Singapore but totally my fault for putting my car there. I felt real bad for taking people out and the comment off my wife just topped it off so I rage quite. Im not sure who the other to cars are as i have no replay, But again i am very sorry :banghead:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 07:51:PM »
I reviewed the Rookie event and found Jod went for a wide hole between cars that closed as the track narrowed. I am chocking it up as a racing mishap, just one of those things.

Sorry for that, honestly i thought i was going to get passed all three cars at once lmfao. As i came out the last corner and had so much more speed saw two cars wheel to wheel on the left one car on the right and a nice open space to slip through. By the time i realised what was going to happening my wheels was interlocked and it was just a fucking mess. Kind of like Verstappen @ Singapore but totally my fault for putting my car there. I felt real bad for taking people out and the comment off my wife just topped it off so I rage quite. Im not sure who the other to cars are as i have no replay, But again i am very sorry :banghead:
Not a problem Jod. In the replay I was rooting 4 you to make it, then saw the guy on the right start moving left & knew the outcome was hopeless.  2 cars wheel to wheel make a huge hole in the air creating an advantage for a car close behind.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief