Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, John Surtees Championship, Watkins Glen GP, January 25th 2018  (Read 564 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Watkins Glen International GP
5.43km
11 Turns
11 Laps
Clear Weather
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:08:AM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Just been having a practice at this. The rookie is fine - go wherever you want on setup.

But the Lotus is a real problem. I can't do more than 1 fast lap without the tyres overheating. And by "overheating" I mean only about 25degF above the 175-185degF operating temperature. And I can accidently do this in ONE corner! The tyres are still green but behave as if they are red. Then the car becomes completely undriveable. Even if I cool the tyres back to the 175-185degF operating window the car remains undriveable and it's almost like the dreaded oversteer bug comes into play. This convinces me there is a bug in the tyre model as if the tyres stay hot. Stupid. The Lotus should be way faster on paper but it's not, certainly on overall race-pace.

Atm I can do 1 fast lap that is about 2-3 seconds faster than laps I'd be able to do in the race and I have the HUD open permanently watching the tyre temps while I cruise round on a sunday drive.

This is going to be one really annoying race because it seems if you go just a bit too fast in one corner, you're fuct for the rest of the race...  :banghead:

Offline SCClockDr

Not aware what your times were but I did a full qualy and race without issue with pressures in the mid to upper 20's PSI. (2:04's & 5's)
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Mid-low 2:01s pushing, only a high 2:03s cruising without overheating the tyres.

Offline Brewin888

• your custom title
Hi guys, I'm unable to make it and not even sure I can make the rest of the calendar. Promotion at work due to a guy retirement and he has left his department in a mess, so a lot of late nights for me. Good luck with the race and hopefully see you on the track soon.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Hi guys, I'm unable to make it and not even sure I can make the rest of the calendar. Promotion at work due to a guy retirement and he has left his department in a mess, so a lot of late nights for me. Good luck with the race and hopefully see you on the track soon.
Thanks for the notice and congratulations!  Don’t forget to have an “escape” from time to time to relax with family and friends.  You are welcomed at join us at any time  :great:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Good racing at the start. I make a big change before the race which worked but went a little to far. Enjoyed that, not sure what happened to some of the others I didn’t expect to finnish that high up after my spin

https://youtu.be/zoibQpJ8xCI

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
The lotus race was good on the first two laps i saw so many mistakes ended up in 3rd place fighting with scclock with a nice gap to fourth then i noticed i was using to much fuel per lap so had to mange that a bit. Then on the last lap i was safe to went for a flyer and hit the wall :banghead: luckily there was a nice gap so managed to hold on to 3rd.

The rookie was tricky trying to follow people that close without brake lights guessing at the braking zones. I nearly rear ended bag a few times i was fine until about lap 5 then i hit the wall had to pit. The pit stop lasted over 1 minute came out pits and hit the wall again, pitted again for over 1 minute then hit the wall a third time and gave up lol.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Well fellows, it is official (as if it was a surprise  :grin: )

Congratulations to the Overall John Surtees Champion as well as the Jenson Button and Jim Clark Champion!!!

JAC-1234

:flag: :flag: :flag: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :035: :13: :great: :dance: :grin: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Please check my tables and let me know of any issues.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:21:AM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
I didn't realise the Rookie championship was that close!

Well done Jac. I may have had the 1 lap pace but not the composure in the race.

Rookie race was epic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2qcfuSfr5U

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
Thanks guys! I had some good battles throughout this season, really enjoyed it  :13: