Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship (PCars2)  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 10:12:AM »
I won't be around tonight. I've got tickets to see Ed Byrne.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 02:51:PM »
I won't be around tonight. I've got tickets to see Ed Byrne.
Did you have a good time he is a funny guy tbf.

Erm with this being the last test/social race. 1: Are we using mechanical damage?  & 2: Is it worth turning the licence off and trying the track penalty's? but on the lowest penalty setting?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:PM »
He was fucking hilarious.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 06:12:PM »

Erm with this being the last test/social race. 1: Are we using mechanical damage?  & 2: Is it worth turning the licence off and trying the track penalty's? but on the lowest penalty setting?
Mechanical damage will be on.  Yesterday despite Mattikake having his volume full blast making it extremely difficult to listen to the engine and over revving and pegging the rpm needle to max for extended times, my engine did not blow up.  I am not sure what you are referring to at lowest penalty settings.  Currently the penalties are on so that the starts and the pit exit road boundaries can be monitored.   There are no track limits or drive-through penalty if that is what you are referring to despite my belief they should be on.   For example, in the circuit of the Americas, I can already tell what turn people are going to cut without penalties (Turn 7 and 9) gaining quite some time.; nevertheless , I will drive as if they were on. 

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:PM »
Drive the circuit like penalties are off and I'll kick you from the lobby along with JAC-1234!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:11:PM by Skanda-Five »

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 11:04:PM »
Drive the circuit like penalties are off and I'll kick you from the lobby along with JAC-1234!
Haha I'll be praying no one does then  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 12:20:AM »
Another fun drive coming back through the field, this time from 2nd-to-last, not last!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8_9zaHv0M&t=1s

When I accidently took GZR out I waited to let him back through and thought I had but only watching this replay it was Skanda. A shameful take out because I could've easily zipped up the inside. I was expecting him to brake nearly as late as me and I was preparing to follow him through the corner and get him at the last corner which was slower. And at the end I was merged with the car in front and couldn't do anything - he was dragging me along. WTF?

Pity about the pit entry shenanigans. I should've been battling 3rd on the last lap.

Why do I always find myself being taken out on lap 1 lately? Happened twice here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:22:AM by Mattikake »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 10:15:AM »
That was a fair pass on me. I think it was l GZR that you tangled with.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 11:30:AM »
No I meant I thought you were gzr when I let you back past.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 01:09:PM »
I missed the pit exit on lap 8 and pitted on lap 9. Braked too late and overshot.  :banghead:

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 01:25:PM »
Another fun drive coming back through the field, this time from 2nd-to-last, not last!

Wow looks like a messy race from that replay you seemed to tangle with TuGuinha a few times lol. Quite impressive to suffer all that and still finish where you did. What happened in rookies we was fighting and u spun out?

Me and nichos had a good race in lotus we was wheel to wheel for a few laps. I am also shocked his engine blew up on the last lap. Especually when on his pit stop they was fixing damage. Maybe it was not set to fix the engine damage? It would of been nice to have the engine damage showing on the screen :rolleyes:. My engine poped on the game but was only shwoing 51% on p cars dash? was that not getting updated because we was on the cool down lap when it poped?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:27:PM by jod08 »

Offline nichos1990

• your custom title
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 07:57:PM »
cracking racing (lotus) last night gents. Really enjoyed it again. Thought id managed to pip mattikake on the last corner but we tangled together. Then my engine popped about 200 yards from the finish so wouldnt have got the place anyway which softened the blow a bit as i was relieved to freewheel across the line  :flag:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:58:PM by nichos1990 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2017, 10:11:PM »
I just did some telemetry studies and have concluded that the engine blow up in my case was related to engine temperature.  I saw the increments each lap and the engine received the least damage when it was running cooler as in the first two laps and the two laps after the pit.  My last lap was already at peak temperature which brought it enough to blow up right before the last turn.  So hopefully I know what to do to prevent this from happening. :13:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 11:08:PM »
lmntr & I did a proof of concept test of Discord Android chat App. We found it works great. I think Discord is also available in the Apple app store.
My equipment:
PS4
Turtle Beach PX4 headset
TB chat cable
Samsung S5 smartphone WiFi only

I connected the chat cable between the phone and headset chat cable jack.
I had Crew Chief & Discord running on the S5.
I set up the PX4 normally with the PS4 and plugged into the S5.

The race engineer, Crew Chief, and lmntr came through clearly throughout the session and I was still able to chat with lmntr even after I was disconnected during the second qualification.

NO ear buds were required to accomplish this. Sony headsets will not to this, as they don't need the chat cable and have no jack for one.

Link to the 10tenths discord chat channel.
https://discord.gg/GHW7nzb
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:12:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:AM »
Yes, it worked well.  I was able to hear Clock clearly and able to speak with him even though he disconnected from the game.   PSN chat allows only 8 players so the Discord app has advantages.   I will urge all of us to get this free app.  It is available in iPhone, Android and PC; I believe also for iMacs.   Note: it is better to use an extra phone or device that does not have a telephone service as it will block the app temporarily if you receive a call or text.  I had my earpiece underneath my headset but I should be able to connect straight to my headset once I get the appropriate cable.