Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship (PCars2)  (Read 2553 times)

Offline SCClockDr

Re: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 01:23:AM »
I did Thursdays race on wets and they showed some wear when I pitted on lap 8. My crew just changed the fronts. The car was about un-drivable for the next few laps till the fronts lost their stickiness. It was like having soft slicks on the front and sports on the rear. Changing just the rears would have been the better mistake I believe.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 03:10:PM »
I did Thursdays race on wets and they showed some wear when I pitted on lap 8. My crew just changed the fronts. The car was about un-drivable for the next few laps till the fronts lost their stickiness. It was like having soft slicks on the front and sports on the rear. Changing just the rears would have been the better mistake I believe.
Yes. I checked the telemetry and it does show I had some wear on the fronts more so than the rears 7 - 4 but it seemed to be more obvious driving than what the numbers suggest.   I remember that I was able to adjust my driving in the PCars1 even after the graphics showed them gone, which was about 50% wear?   Does any know what the equivalent tire wear number equaled 50% wear in PCars1?

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 06:12:PM »

Yeah that's a very good call, because it would be game over if you get damage in these shorter races.
I did a practice pit stop and the crew just stood there, and the only bar that moved was the repair bar, not sure what for though. Took about 5 seconds.

Perhaps we could increase the Tyre wear for the next race? It may just give it a bit more of strategy.

The tyre wear has been set on “accelerated” in our sessions and I have not even looked at my race telemetries to confirm if there is any wear at all.  :grin:    All I know is that in some portion of the race I begin to slide more and adjust my driving the next time around, I glance at the tyre graphic and it still shows full!  So I am thinking I am pushing more than before instead of worn out tyres?     Maybe they do wear. :icon_biggrin:

On last Thursday's race my tyres didn't necessarily wear out, but I just couldn't get any heat into them from a certain point, so i would start sliding even though they were about 95% from what I remember.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 08:11:PM »
I suspect with the new tire model the ratio of grip to wear % is quite different from PC1. I'm not sure a car will be driveable once the wear indicators get to half way on the HUD. The HUD tire display is based on half scale. When the green is gone tire wear is @ 50%. PCars Dash & RS offer an option to use the same setup or 100%.

I've been using the 100% mode but may change it back to 50%.

The temperature situation is prompting me to take tires vs wear.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 10:57:PM »
Both of last nights races was good and in both of them i saw SCClockDr being mounted by another car lmao. Why will the licence be off for our races?

I think that was me. If it was at turn 2, lap 1in the rookies, our cars kind of merged. I could see his right front was inside my left front. There was nothing we could do but wait for the physics to sort themselves out and it was inevitably messy. We were both spat out at random directions. It seems the open wheeled physics is still a bit flakey. At Silverstone in the rookies, Skanda just touched my right rear with his left front and my car stopped instantly and flipped onto it's roof. Fortunately I still had the anti-bug car reset button mapped...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:58:PM by Mattikake »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:AM »
I am getting puzzled the more I drive these cars with malfunctions turned on.   I have done several race lengths with both cars and at the end I have no engine damage.  I have the Lotus at 100 % radiator and have not tried anything lower because my engine highest temperature is about 116-119 C but still no engine damage at the end.   I have the Rookie running about 105 and have not yet fine-tuned it but again no engine damage.  Please enlighten me why are we having this setting off? 

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 09:31:AM »
I did Thursdays race on wets
lol why the wets?

The forced pit stops saved my lotus race tbf, On lap 2 or 3 at the second to last corner someone was off track coming back on. I gave way to much space for them and got on the grass myself. The grass then sucked me so wide that i basically end up going into the pits  :banghead:. Luckily everyone else had to pit too so i just had to stick out the race. I think with penalty's, mechanical damage and tbf i thought car damage was off to until i looked earlier. But with them being off we can focus more on fun flat out racing rather than on strategy/tyre/engine worry's.  Especially with these slow cars i was getting board in the rookie race with about 5 laps left i just wanted it to be over lol. I think the mechanical damage off was something to do with a bug in the game same as the penalty system is bugged too. Apparently patch 3 has 100+ improvement so fingers crossed they fix some of this shit. All in all I think everyone enjoyed both races at both tracks and you even had two people join the forum after Thursdays lobby too. I even think i herd one guy say that's best race he has had since the game was released. So what ever your doing it is working well  :13: so dont change anything and enjoy the races close your radiator duct up and reduce the cars drag  :thumb_up:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:50:AM by jod08 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:AM »
I am getting puzzled the more I drive these cars with malfunctions turned on.   I have done several race lengths with both cars and at the end I have no engine damage.  I have the Lotus at 100 % radiator and have not tried anything lower because my engine highest temperature is about 116-119 C but still no engine damage at the end.   I have the Rookie running about 105 and have not yet fine-tuned it but again no engine damage.  Please enlighten me why are we having this setting off?

I think that there is a misunderstanding about what causes engine damage. We all thought it was temperature but I think it's actually to do with revs. High revs will damage your engine for sure but high temps don't seem to have the same effect. At least that's been my experience.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:41:AM by Skanda-Five »
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 03:37:PM »
It seems the open wheeled physics is still a bit flakey. At Silverstone in the rookies, Skanda just touched my right rear with his left front and my car stopped instantly and flipped onto it's roof. Fortunately I still had the anti-bug car reset button mapped...

HAHA I saw this it was quite epic to watch. You touch wheels and you flip over doing a barrel roll and I squeezed through the gap that was created. The physics are strange after looking at the replay from the same race there was some weird contact between me and rocket. It never registered on my screen or threw the wheel or on the replay but rockets fly's off track like i rammed him  :wtf:.
<a href="https://youtu.be/VLtXPggOvyY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtu.be/VLtXPggOvyY</a>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:39:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 12:03:AM »
It is really sad for someone to learn how to navigate a track to hit all the shortcuts.   What would someone get out of this? 

Offline jod08

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 10:10:AM »
Good night of racing again last night. These cars are so fun and make for some close intense racing. I had pressure in both races all the way to the end. I did well in the rookie race me and tarbz was fighting all the way round for 11 laps. I struggled in the Lotus race, I was melting the front tyres :eusa_think:, I over cooked the pit entry and slammed into the little wall head on before the pit lane :banghead:. I completely forgot to select a pit strategy that topped up my fuel and repaired the damage :rolleyes:. Tbf it was probably good that i forgot with the way i hit the wall. Skanda followed me into pits and we had some close encounters all the way to the line  :13:.

Any ideas on what i can do to stop the front from melting lol? Well apart from backing off thanks Matt  :thumb_up:. It was nice to see you had similar issues. Im on the default setup with the lowest ride height i tried to adjust the pressures but they dont seem to make any difference.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:12:AM by jod08 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 10:39:AM »
I had some success with softening the front springs. It does make the rear twitchy though. The front slides way too easily. This is what life is like without downforce. I still think the best option is to brake earlier, get the nose to the apex and floor it.

Diff settings can affect power understeer too. I've tried to get rid of it as much as I can.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:42:AM by Skanda-Five »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 10:44:AM »
Wow that guy was seriously cheating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAkrvyLFRok&lc=z23xjdvjtxzgtrdgz04t1aokgl1jeettv4osc0zlijl0bk0h00410

I can't believe he was even cutting the track on the straights. What a cock!

Offline jod08

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2017, 11:19:PM »
I pissed about with the video editor today and grabed some of my highlights and fuckups from last night lotus race lol  :icon_biggrin:
<a href="https://youtu.be/udARmJ8ryPk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtu.be/udARmJ8ryPk</a>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:31:PM by jod08 »