Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship (PCars2)  (Read 2974 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:31:PM »
Is there a decision yet on turning off the licence system for the private championship races?

I don't thinks it's fair for someone to prove they can race fairly and be invited to what is a much more competitive environment, only for their rating to suffer if they can't keep up.

Once we start our private lobbies, the license is off as stated in the lobby settings above.   It is turned on for public socials.  It seemed to work like a charm as we had a good etiquette today.  (except for the slight bumps trying to find the brake points  :grin: )

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 10:06:AM »
Both of last nights races was good and in both of them i saw SCClockDr being mounted by another car lmao. Why will the licence be off for our races?

EDIT: Also Bag what is wrong with your internet mate
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:09:AM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 07:37:PM »
Both of last nights races was good and in both of them i saw SCClockDr being mounted by another car lmao. Why will the licence be off for our races?

EDIT: Also Bag what is wrong with your internet mate

I guess my thought was that it should be on for the public lobbies as it will serve as a filter to weed out some questionable drivers, and later it could be adjusted as our own ratings improve whether we do only private sessions or a combination of public and private.  At present I thought at least the minimum should be around F1200.  My thought on the safety portion of the rating is that as we accumulate more competition time, it becomes more relevant to our league and then later we can move it to E or beyond when the time is right.  At this point in time, I think it is too early to give it full confidence as we could meet new drivers to the game but nevertheless it is a good gauge.  For the numerical portion, my personal thought is they are nice to look it and gauge where you are compared to others but at the end I would not care much if I drop some points because I know who I am as a driver.  I believe is more for bragging rights than anything else.  Now, my thought for our very own private lobby is that it is probably not needed for most of us as we all seem to have a good racing approach.   On the other hand, if we start to see very aggressive driving creeping up in our league, then perhaps it could act as a deterrent rather than to rely on members submitting incidents to control this, which by the way it has not been used.   So for now, I believe it can be off unless there is enough interest from us to turn it on.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:47:PM by lmntr »

Offline jod08

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 11:38:PM »
Maybe with the licence off you run penalty’s back on but have the option to overrule any penalty’s that people get unfairly like overtaking off track to avoid a collision. Would also be a good way to police track limits
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:41:PM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 11:55:PM »
Maybe with the licence off you run penalty’s back on but have the option to overrule any penalty’s that people get unfairly like overtaking off track to avoid a collision. Would also be a good way to police track limits
That is certainly an option.  Do you remember the video you turned to us privately?  I did my first recommendation for calculating time to adjust your finish time if you were to receive an unfair overtake penalty.  I thought about it and came up with another calculation I think it is more than fair in which you would have gotten back 7.8 seconds.   The idea was if a competitor finished ahead of you with less than 7.8 sec gap, then the finish table would be adjusted to finish ahead of him.   Perhaps I should post your video and explain how I/We would go about doing this.  It would require the penalized party to provide a video with their view where you see the grid information just like what you provided. 

Offline jod08

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:00:AM »
What I was thinking is everyone just ignoring any penalty’s untill the end of the race. If you don’t give the place back it’s 10 seconds so just deduct it at the end. But how many penalty’s can you get before your dsq? Plus then there is all the hassle of having to prove the penalty is bullshit and then you have re adjust the finishing positions. So all in all probably best off lol maybe test it on Thursday

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 10:54:AM »
How about leaving penalties off, but you can be given a penalty at the end if needed. Such as how Max Verstappen received a 5 second penalty.
 Just may allow us to sort it out ourselves, because with penalties on it's frustrating when you have to give places back for no reason at all- just one of many bugs with the current penalty system.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 11:31:AM »

What I was thinking is everyone just ignoring any penalty’s untill the end of the race. If you don’t give the place back it’s 10 seconds so just deduct it at the end. But how many penalty’s can you get before your dsq? Plus then there is all the hassle of having to prove the penalty is bullshit and then you have re adjust the finishing positions. So all in all probably best off lol maybe test it on Thursday
.  I had to admit that reviewing the incident’s gaps as they change it is a pain as opposed to just removing the penalty at the end after ignoring the warning.  As you say, how many times/seconds does it take before you get disqualified.  The pains are just too much when leaving penalties on.

How about leaving penalties off, but you can be given a penalty at the end if needed. Such as how Max Verstappen received a 5 second penalty.
 Just may allow us to sort it out ourselves, because with penalties on it's frustrating when you have to give places back for no reason at all- just one of many bugs with the current penalty system.
.  It will stay off.  It will just be so much work after every race besides the frustration of the penalized parties.  And you will have to rely on good race recordings.

It is also the reason that manual pit stop is turned off.  I experienced instantaneous disqualification by entering too fast into the pit area.  The penalty is so harsh and your race is over!   is this what everyone experiences?   I am not sure if it was just the pit road violation or a combination with another penalty.   

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 12:39:PM »
Yeah I've also been disqualified multiple times from entering the pit lane too quick, which is way to harsh.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 01:51:PM »
Is it even worth including pit stops? I don't need to change tyres or take fuel so my pitstop is set to do nothing. Kind of takes the strategy out of it.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 07:27:PM »
Is it even worth including pit stops? I don't need to change tyres or take fuel so my pitstop is set to do nothing. Kind of takes the strategy out of it.
Well,I think it is more for those unfortunate drivers that get into an incident with damage.  The time loss will not be as great compared to if everyone else does not have to pit.  He will be running along the back and hopefully does have enough pace not to be in the clutches of the front runners which will slow him even more with blue flags.  He would still have a fair chance because everyone still has to pit so the time loss would be much reduced giving him a chance to still be in the race.  Specially if he is one of the fast drivers that happened to have an off, so he still has a chance to catch up to other in free air.  Depending on when you stop, most of us can find ourselves together on the same last lap suddenly when you pull out of the pits in a late pit stop.   I am wondering, has anyone done a pit stop where no fuel is needed?  What does your crew do?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 01:51:AM »
I am so excited! I found a video that shows David Coulthard driving Jim Clark’s Lotus 25! Very fitting to share given that it is one of the cars we are using for our season! Enjoy!       Link for HD full screen: https://youtu.be/_L1tHavnd9w And of course, Jenson Button’s 1998 Formula Ford Championship videos!       https://youtu.be/jcIwlbozzOY   https://youtu.be/6OSExYimkkI
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:00:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 10:19:AM »
Well,I think it is more for those unfortunate drivers that get into an incident with damage.  The time loss will not be as great compared to if everyone else does not have to pit.  He will be running along the back and hopefully does have enough pace not to be in the clutches of the front runners which will slow him even more with blue flags.  He would still have a fair chance because everyone still has to pit so the time loss would be much reduced giving him a chance to still be in the race.  Specially if he is one of the fast drivers that happened to have an off, so he still has a chance to catch up to other in free air.  Depending on when you stop, most of us can find ourselves together on the same last lap suddenly when you pull out of the pits in a late pit stop.   I am wondering, has anyone done a pit stop where no fuel is needed?  What does your crew do?
I hadn"t thought of that
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 05:49:PM »
Yeah that's a very good call, because it would be game over if you get damage in these shorter races.
I did a practice pit stop and the crew just stood there, and the only bar that moved was the repair bar, not sure what for though. Took about 5 seconds.

Perhaps we could increase the Tyre wear for the next race? It may just give it a bit more of strategy.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 06:17:PM »

Yeah that's a very good call, because it would be game over if you get damage in these shorter races.
I did a practice pit stop and the crew just stood there, and the only bar that moved was the repair bar, not sure what for though. Took about 5 seconds.

Perhaps we could increase the Tyre wear for the next race? It may just give it a bit more of strategy.

The tyre wear has been set on “accelerated” in our sessions and I have not even looked at my race telemetries to confirm if there is any wear at all.  :grin:    All I know is that in some portion of the race I begin to slide more and adjust my driving the next time around, I glance at the tyre graphic and it still shows full!  So I am thinking I am pushing more than before instead of worn out tyres?     Maybe they do wear. :icon_biggrin: