Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship (PCars2)  (Read 3501 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
***Link to sign-up:   http://10tenths.net/index.php/topic,534.0.html***

The 10tenths.net Racing League proudly presents a season designed to emulate a Rookie Season and a Historic Season in a comparably powered car to the Formula Rookie but representative of the Formula One car of that era:  The Formula Rookie and the Lotus 25 titled appropriately the Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups in honor of actual champions in those particular series.   We selected the Formula Rookie to start our league endeavors in PCars2 as this is easy on handling and a good launch on your formula career.   These two championships will run concurrently utilizing the same track on the same day in races that will run approximately about 30 minutes.  We will have an overall champion of these combined series and in which will be named appropriately the John Surtees Cup Championship in honor of his prodigious ability to win in two different racing skills of Motorcycle Grand Prix in the 350 and 500cc and Formula One.   The season is scheduled to start on Thursday, November 30th.  Our usual race time is Thursdays 8 PM London time. We will race both cars in two separate complete sessions on the same track alternating first car out at the next Thursday. This should have you racing until about a little bit after 10 PM.   Be sure to check us out and join us on the upcoming social races in the next weeks prior to season start.

**Two Separate Races on the same day, same track.  Alternating Starts**
**Your 6 best results out of 8 will count toward each individual and overall championship points**
**RESET is prohibited**

SEASON CALENDAR:

SOCIAL CALENDAR:

Lobby Settings:
Start of Sessions: 8 PM UK
Race Distance: See calendar for individual race laps. Race will last about 30 minutes.
Combined Practice and Qualify Sessions: 30 min, 13:00, real time progression.
Starting Position: Qualification Result
Car Assignment: Pre Selection
Weather: Clear
Time within game: Default Date, Summer, 14:00, real time progression.
Auto Start:  yes
Driving  Line: allowed
Default Set up: no
Manual Gears:  allowed
Realistic  Aids:  no
Assists:  allowed
Damage: performance affecting
Mechanical Failures: ON
Ghost Car:  no (yes for socials)
Manual Pit Stop: no
Pit Errors:  no
Tire Wear:  accelerated.
Fuel Use: authentic
Cooldown Lap: yes ( please do not return to pit with options to allow laps completion for those behind.)
Penalties: Yes (for jump starts)
Track Limits:  no
Drive through Penalty:  no
Drive through trigger time: no
Pit Exit: yes
License: F1200  No (yes for socials adjusted as needed)
Vehicle Type:  Identical
Grid Size:  16
Private:  Yes
Ready: Yes
Password:  TBA (It might be needed if anyone can join through the profile.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:18:PM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: The Jenson Button and Jim Clark Cups and John Surtees Championship
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 05:24:PM »
I'm really excited about this. I love the Formula Rookie but for me the Lotus Type 25, just edged it. Now we get to do both!
Can we also have the race date set to "default date" so that we all practice in the same conditions.

I was always for penalties and mechanical failures but I have to say that driving without them last week was actually better.
Not picking up a five second penalty for making a mistake and going off the track seems a lot more reasonable.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 07:44:PM »
It was brought up that we need to turn penalties on to have jump start penalties, we can still leave all the penalties sub-menus off except for the pit exit, which still is on.  We can try this on Thursday.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 12:31:AM »
Normal race time is 9pm not 8pm. I wondered why I missed the rookie last week. Has this changed for the championship ?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 01:12:AM »
Normal race time is 9pm not 8pm. I wondered why I missed the rookie last week. Has this changed for the championship ?
Dam, you are right.  Previously we would have actual race start around 9:20 hours and finishing around 10:15-20 or so.   In this season the first race starts about 8:30, second race about 9:35 and finish about 10:05-10 hrs.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:PM »
Cool. Should be fun.

For a moment I thought you were going to say we had two races in each car but we could choose in which car to use in which race... like a multiclass race. Or am I throwing a cat amongst the pigeons?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 07:17:PM »
The UK has just changed back to GMT so it's worth checking the difference.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 11:21:PM »
Cool. Should be fun.

For a moment I thought you were going to say we had two races in each car but we could choose in which car to use in which race... like a multiclass race. Or am I throwing a cat amongst the pigeons?
No, you are throwing an anemic and toothless cat among a pack of mean thug pigeons.  :grin:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 11:41:PM »
The UK has just changed back to GMT so it's worth checking the difference.
Thanks for the notice.  I usually check on my phone world times.  I have to wait an extra hour.  We go back on this coming weekend.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 09:24:AM »
Cool. Should be fun.

I think the rookie was about 4 seconds slower per lap than the lotus at silverstone? I might be wrong

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 10:02:AM »
Yep that's about ideal for multiclass racing. The fastest rookie guys would be able to battle with the lowest lotus guys and the slowest rookie guys are likely to become back marker chicanes for the fastest lotus guys if the race distances/track length is right. ...yet also with there being 2 races, the slowest rookies would have a vested interest if not making it too easy for the fastest lotuses to lap them... meaning no one should get bored from the leader to last place.

Anyway, it was just a thought that is not relevant for this championship. Could be worth trying for the future tho.

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 10:17:AM »
Looks sweet!!!

Not really raced in these classes yet, but looking forward to the challenge!
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline nichos1990

• your custom title
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 10:38:PM »
new to this forum so just wanted to say hi. Raced with you guys in the ‘social races’ tonight in the FR and Lotus at Oscherslaben and loved it. Nice to be well out of my
comfort zone not in GT3’s

Will definately take part in next Thursdays social races  :thumb_up

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 11:23:PM »
new to this forum so just wanted to say hi. Raced with you guys in the ‘social races’ tonight in the FR and Lotus at Oscherslaben and loved it. Nice to be well out of my
comfort zone not in GT3’s

Will definately take part in next Thursdays social races  :thumb_up
I definitely had a great time racing with you! :grin:  In fact all the new faces we saw today had an excellent approach to racing and it was a fantastic time.  You and all the others that participated are all welcomed.  :13:

Hint: you can sign up for the season!  :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:25:PM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 11:26:PM »
Is there a decision yet on turning off the licence system for the private championship races?

I don't thinks it's fair for someone to prove they can race fairly and be invited to what is a much more competitive environment, only for their rating to suffer if they can't keep up.