Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ideas and conversation for the Formula Rookie and Lotus 25  (Read 733 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Ideas and conversation for the Formula Rookie and Lotus 25
« on: October 27, 2017, 10:38:PM »
Hello fellows, How would you like a shortish season using both cars?  The tracks I propose would be Hockenheimring GP, Nurburgring GP, Silverstone GP, Imola, Monza and Watkins Glen.  I proposed these instead of some of the historic tracks as they would be really long and very long straight stretches I am afraid some might get bored.  The race lengths would be 20% of a F1 Race which would be comparable to what we did Thursday as these are slower cars.  I will post later a narrative for promotion.  Please look at Lobby settings and let me know if there are concerns or comments.

Auto Start:  yes
Driving  Line: allowed
Default Set up: no
Manual Gears:  allowed
Realistic  Aids:  no
Assists:  allowed
Damage: performance affecting
Mechanical Failures: off, although I would like them on.   (opinions?)
Ghost Car:  no, on for public socials
Manual Pit Stop: no, but we can debate.
Pit Errors:  no
Tyre Wear:  accelerated.  I got a hunch they wear out but the graphics do not show it?
Fuel Use: authentic
Cooldown Lap: yes, it will allow more chance to complete lap to those that behind but still in front of winner.
Penalties: No
Track Limits:  no
Drive through Penalty:  no
Drive through trigger time: no
Pit Exit: yes
License: F1300  No,  yes for public, can be adjusted to our group.
Vehicle Type:  Identical, Not sure if why we have flashing liveries now.  Maybe set to class?
Grid Size:  16
Private:  Yes
Ready: Yes
Password:  It might be needed if anyone can join through the profile.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:51:PM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Re: Ideas and conversation for the Formula Rookie and Lotus 25
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:52:PM »
I dunno. I kinda love the idea of a Lotus 25 at classic Monza an Hockenheim! Drafting races they were, drafting races they may also be in PC2? For the pre-downforce cars, the car behind actually got an advantage following in corners because the hole in the air stopped the tyres generating lift.

Having said that, I didn't notice a particularly large draft advantage at Silverstone. Anyone else?

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:14:PM »
I think the historic track are very long and boring for these slow cars. I remember trying the rookie around spa and I think it was a 3min+ lap. Although I thought that Silverstone was a good track for them. Do I remember you saying so suggest tracks? Knockhill, Donington, Oulton Park, Sakitto. Also would it be better to set a race length in time rather then try work out laptimes? I also liked mats idea of not knowing the track untill the lobby too  :sign0151:

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:33:PM »
I don't think that we should set the numerical part of the license so high. If we are going to insist on license conditions, I think it should be a better letter (cleaner driver) not a higher number.  I'm at C1278 so F1300 would exclude me.
I'm going to test some other circuits too. Still got a hankering for Bannochbrae.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 11:00:PM »
Well due to 1 ridiculous public lobby barge fest I've dropped from a D down to an E again. And I've had 3 squeaky clean races since, mostly due to leading from the front and I'm still an E. So don't set it too high... however, I think you can invite people to a high sportsmanship rating even if theirs is below the entry level. Worth a test and if so, set it to an S!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 02:35:PM »
I did say we can adjust it for our group.  In Skanda’s case then it would go to F1200.  I always thought F came after U so anyone practically F and above (towards A?) would be able to enter.  I never saw me transitioning to S so I did not realize there was an S rating.  I have joined public lobbies and noticed a few with 900 and thought how the hell did that happen?  I guess this is mainly for new comers, you have to wonder sometimes about those with ultra-low ratings.   In the future, I believe it is time to implement that they join us in a social to gauge their racing etiquette properly before joining our season, unless you know them very well then you can vouch for them.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 09:00:PM »
I'm going to test some other circuits too. Still got a hankering for Bannochbrae.

I joined a public lobby there earlier in the 98t and the car did a backflip off the second to last bridge lmfao. It also pulls wheelies off some of bumps around the track.

EDIT: lol forget Oulton Park and knockhill they are hard enough to over take in the faster cars. Infact just go with the 6 you put up when was thinking about starting?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:09:PM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 11:16:PM »

I joined a public lobby there earlier in the 98t and the car did a backflip off the second to last bridge lmfao. It also pulls wheelies off some of bumps around the track.

EDIT: lol forget Oulton Park and knockhill they are hard enough to over take in the faster cars. Infact just go with the 6 you put up when was thinking about starting?

LOL, Jod, I had worked on the calendar, season schedule, championship and social/recruiting tables and I was thinking on posting within hours when I re-read you relinquishing your track selections.  Skan, do you still want bannochbrae?   Also, I was considering increasing the season to 8 races and best out of 6 if you fellows are okay with it.   The season is tentatively set to start on November 30th after the Thanksgiving week break.

***Sign up will be open Monday at about 8 PM UK and will promote shortly after in the PCars Forum.***
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:06:AM by lmntr »