Username: Password:

Author Topic: Formula Rookie and Lotus 25 Silverstone GP Thursday, October 26th, 2017  (Read 1120 times)

Offline SCClockDr

HaHa i had alot of fun last night I enjoyed both races more than I thought I would. I found the lotus 25 hard to get used to on the same track straight after driving the rookie. But the lotus would be my preferred choice of the two. They are both hard to overtake in and even harder to make the overtake stick. They just seem so evenly matched and so easy to get tangled up. I nearly rammed rocket into next week at turn 3 in the first race. I think I missed him or he saw me coming and avoided me. I need to check the replay but I just could stop in time. If i did hit you i am very sorry. Although the same thing happened in the lotus at the same corner my car just carried on in the first lap. I donít know how I didnít collect anyone else lol. All in all it was a very good night of racing and I had some fun battles in both cars. Are we sticking X2 no practice, 30min quali, 10 lap races per night with these smaller cars?

EDIT: Also can we use a psn chat party? The in game chat quality is so crap i had the chat volume off most of the time.

I also had a good experience running both cars!  Your last sentence "x2 no practice....left me thinking, are you referring to running a season with both cars concurrently?  At first I thought one car season but this actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I always had the hunch that a Lotus 25 might run in some difficulty selling it to the masses.  So a Formula Rookie / Lotus 25 Championship does sound interesting!   I am already thinking of a narrative for promotion.   
If we go with both I vote to alternate which car to start the season with. I'm fine with no practice session.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
I also had a good experience running both cars!  Your last sentence "x2 no practice....left me thinking, are you referring to running a season with both cars concurrently?  At first I thought one car season but this actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I always had the hunch that a Lotus 25 might run in some difficulty selling it to the masses.  So a Formula Rookie / Lotus 25 Championship does sound interesting!   I am already thinking of a narrative for promotion.   

i was thinking we could of had two races per night in the same cars but at different tracks. With the no practice and 30 min quali and 10 lap race format. I did struggle with braking points in the lotus after the rookie race.
 Here is my race https://youtu.be/nEML9PXwexs
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:42:AM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
I think we should also not know what track we are going to be on until the lobby is created - no opportunity for practice, but have a pretty long quali or practice session. In a way you could also do the same for the weather. Can it do random weather still?

Love the idea of a reverse grid second race. This surely guarantees everyone gets to mix it up?

Nb: no idea why I'm saying that because I'm the least experienced player here for the tracks!

Offline JAC-1234

• your custom title
How about doing something different on Wednesdays, instead of doing mock races like before.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Try my 2 hour championship idea? 1x 20min practice, 1x 10min quali, 5x 10 min races. Add in the reverse grid rolling start. Could be a hoot.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
How about doing something different on Wednesdays, instead of doing mock races like before.
I certainly loved what we did last Wednesday by just racing a totally different car (gt3) and continue to do whatever on Wednesdays;  it does not have to be a mock race as before.   The main idea is for us to have fun as a group.
I have been reading and deliberately keeping silent to assimilate what you fellows are throwing at me with all these different ideas.   In the past, we toyed with having random weather but the game would give you outrageous combinations like thunderstorm and fog and such that we actually developed a lottery process with realistic weather slots where a race has actually taken placed with.  My original idea was to have all clear weather since this is in a sense our first test season with the PCars2.  I do feel strongly about having a schedule posted with clear weather but if you want different weather at least let us go with the developed lottery process of 2 slots; we would still need to test how this would work out in shorter races and I am only one and need assistance to test this if we want to have this. Time is running out.   Also, I would love to have penalties and malfunctions but they are being turned off as requested; I am not exactly sure who here bangs the transmission violently and raced last week with closed radiators. Worth mentioning is my belief in doing away with the Stability control but every time I brought this up it was meant with resistance.  The new tracks suggested can certainly be part of the season which is 6 rounds at present.  I did check out the history and found both Senna and Button have actually won the Formula Ford Championship so I forward the Rookie winner have the Jenson Button Cup instead of Surtees . the Lotus with Jim Clark cup and with the overall winner having the John Surtees Cup for overall racing championship in honor of his skills in both 2 and 4 wheeled competition championships. The reverse grid can be tested in the next socials to better gauge it.    I will be posting a social/recruiting and a season schedule soon.