Username: Password:

Author Topic: Formula Rookie and Lotus 25 Silverstone GP Thursday, October 26th, 2017  (Read 1613 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Hello Fellows, We have tentatively selected these two cars and are planning to race them both this coming Thursday.  The purpose this Thursday will be to do a final selection for a car to be used in a short season.  Please plan to attend and if you are unable, then at least practice with both on your own so that at least you can give a recommendation.   The sessions as explained in the PSN Messenger will be modified to a combination of practice and qualifying of 30 minutes and then a 10 Laps race for each.  We can readjust the race length if needed on Thursday.   We have elected to have no damage, no malfunctions and no penalties as the game still have some issues with malfunctions and blown engines as well as some unfair penalties.  Feel free to share any thoughts.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Sounds good normal in game time and clear weather?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Sounds good normal in game time and clear weather?
correct, all assist are allowed.    By the way, I had a practice yesterday With the Lotus 25 and noticed right away that if you leave the radiator opening at default  of 30%, The engine would blow up! I had to set the opening at hundred percent and it would still get over 100įC.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
I guess all these lotuses are flakey. As they were!

Offline jod08

In the first post it says no malfunctions I thought this meant no engine damage?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
In the first post it says no malfunctions I thought this meant no engine damage?
Yes, that is what it should be.  In reference to todayís race, the malfunctions were on.   I just wanted to confirm to myself that it is possible to do a race with the Formula Rookie and the Lotus 25 and have no engine blow up or damage.   Thursdayís sessions will have that setting off.

Offline jod08

The lotus 25 felt good last night very derivable and no downshift protection  :icon_biggrin: I had my radiator opening at 75% and didn't get any engine warnings. Also considering you said it was on accelerated tyre wear the tyres was hardly warn after the 7 lap race.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
The lotus 25 felt good last night very derivable and no downshift protection  :icon_biggrin: I had my radiator opening at 75% and didn't get any engine warnings. Also considering you said it was on accelerated tyre wear the tyres was hardly warn after the 7 lap race.
Yes, I noticed also that the tire wear was practically nonexistent so it will probably require the us to have mandatory pit stop turned on.  I was hoping for us to experience tire degradation to induce a pit stop.  So we will have to wait for SMS to patch this.
I have been careful to keep the engine below 110 C;  what was the highest engine temperature you experience with no damage? 
Even though the penalties will be off Thursday, last night it was on and it took care of a random public driver that shortcut the track in an obvious way and force him to give the position back.

Offline jod08

I think it was pushing 235deg on lap 4 then i never took any notice after that. I also got a 1 second penalty for not slowing down after what the game considered corner cutting

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
Yes, that is what it should be.  In reference to todayís race, the malfunctions were on.   I just wanted to confirm to myself that it is possible to do a race with the Formula Rookie and the Lotus 25 and have no engine blow up or damage.   Thursdayís sessions will have that setting off.

Itís like this for loads of cars. As I said itís bugged mate

Offline jod08

HaHa i had alot of fun last night I enjoyed both races more than I thought I would. I found the lotus 25 hard to get used to on the same track straight after driving the rookie. But the lotus would be my preferred choice of the two. They are both hard to overtake in and even harder to make the overtake stick. They just seem so evenly matched and so easy to get tangled up. I nearly rammed rocket into next week at turn 3 in the first race. I think I missed him or he saw me coming and avoided me. I need to check the replay but I just could stop in time. If i did hit you i am very sorry. Although the same thing happened in the lotus at the same corner my car just carried on in the first lap. I donít know how I didnít collect anyone else lol. All in all it was a very good night of racing and I had some fun battles in both cars. Are we sticking X2 no practice, 30min quali, 10 lap races per night with these smaller cars?

EDIT: Also can we use a psn chat party? The in game chat quality is so crap i had the chat volume off most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:13:PM by jod08 »

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
That was a pretty fun race. Shame Matt span out. Then Jod came for a play

https://youtu.be/qux6xrRi9FY

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
HaHa i had alot of fun last night I enjoyed both races more than I thought I would. I found the lotus 25 hard to get used to on the same track straight after driving the rookie. But the lotus would be my preferred choice of the two. They are both hard to overtake in and even harder to make the overtake stick. They just seem so evenly matched and so easy to get tangled up. I nearly rammed rocket into next week at turn 3 in the first race. I think I missed him or he saw me coming and avoided me. I need to check the replay but I just could stop in time. If i did hit you i am very sorry. Although the same thing happened in the lotus at the same corner my car just carried on in the first lap. I donít know how I didnít collect anyone else lol. All in all it was a very good night of racing and I had some fun battles in both cars. Are we sticking X2 no practice, 30min quali, 10 lap races per night with these smaller cars?

EDIT: Also can we use a psn chat party? The in game chat quality is so crap i had the chat volume off most of the time.

I also had a good experience running both cars!  Your last sentence "x2 no practice....left me thinking, are you referring to running a season with both cars concurrently?  At first I thought one car season but this actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I always had the hunch that a Lotus 25 might run in some difficulty selling it to the masses.  So a Formula Rookie / Lotus 25 Championship does sound interesting!   I am already thinking of a narrative for promotion.   

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
That was a pretty fun race. Shame Matt span out. Then Jod came for a play

https://youtu.be/qux6xrRi9FY

I wasn't using assists but it probably was a good idea to do so. I can't believe how little you were fighting the car in that replay. I barely ever had the steering wheel straight! My bad though. I always over-drive cars so this one doesn't suit me at all in that respect. Good fun though.

.left me thinking, are you referring to running a season with both cars concurrently?  At first I thought one car season but this actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I always had the hunch that a Lotus 25 might run in some difficulty selling it to the masses.  So a Formula Rookie / Lotus 25 Championship does sound interesting!   I am already thinking of a narrative for promotion.   

I mentioned that in the lobby, Who said a championship should only be in one car? You could run them alternately with an overall championship with a Jim Clark trophy for the best '25 scorer and a Henry Surtees trophy for the best Formula Rookie scorer.

btw, my Formula Rookie race, zero to hero to zero  :dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQyaTimm44c

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
I have had a think after watching my vid back and seeing Matts comment + reading the above from Lmntr. You just wonít attract people with this car. Itís hard enough with any single seaters with this game. However itís a fun car and we can get some close racing.

My only issue is with this league is apart from the Gulf League ( that was great fun ) 90% of races Iím spending 90% of the race on my own = Itís a bit dull at times. That might be down to various reasons but letís give everyone the same chance to shine.

I feel we should put the emphasis on enjoyable clean close racing. Thatís what we all enjoy doing or watching on tv.

Lmntr might be onto summat here - a championship with different cars. Totally different cars so everyone has the chance to shine.

Fixed set up
1 - 10 lap race in each car at the same track.
Q - For the first race. Then reverse grid rolling start for the second. Alternating which cars are ran first each week.

Ok it might sound sort of over complicated but itís not when you do it.
Fixed set up means no need of testing really + everyone has the same chance
Anyone could win. Some people might be better in 1 car than the other + reverse grid

Pen + engine damage off for the moment.

However if we do that everyone has to understand and obide by a racing conduct or you will be penalised.

For eg in my vid Matt ran wide then came back on track in front of me 1/4 mike later.  I couldnít care less In this race as we had a scrap. However in my eyes that will not be tolerated in any shape or form in a championship. Nor will weaving down a straight etc.