Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lotus 98T @ Imola  (Read 2466 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Lotus 98T @ Imola
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 12:32:PM »
I would recommend having damage set at performance impacting.   Yesterday, I entered a public lobby to race the V8SC class and was surprised to see they had mandatory pit in a 5 Lap race; I entered pit road and found I have to keep it under 60 mph, so I watched the speedometer and kept it under it, made my way to what I thought was my pit, and then found someone else ghost into my car! so I continued and then I saw a crew waiting with a green marker on pit road, I took off slowly as I could have revved more than 60 mph very easily.   I suggest doing some pit stop practices and see what you like to have.    As far as pit speed, I suggest having a look if you could map  a rev limiter because the F50 I was driving yesterday had that option grayed out.  I prefer having to make a pit stop due to tire wear instead of mandatory but I am willing to play along.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:AM »
What about the rest of the settings?
Race Date Time within game:
Weather:
Force Interior View:
Assists:
Racing Line:
Damage:
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire Simulation: X2 (or x4??)
Flag penalties:
Private or public:
Racing License:

EDIT:
the F50 I was driving yesterday

Haha  :13: The F50 is one of me favorite cars on the game and would make a good endurance race event. What assists are you using with the pad?
Also have you tried the Caterham SP300R yet?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:41:AM by jod08 »

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 03:08:PM »
Excellent!!

Glad everyone is up for this, had a little play with this car/track combo....and I forgot what a frigging handful that Lotus is lol

I agree, engine damage should be off!  Even without pressing 'extra' boost, if you rev too high, engine damage creeps up and the turbo/boost that kicks in around 5000rpm is insane!  Finding that sweet spot to change up a gear is an art!

Although I race with no assists, and cockpit view etc, everyone has different preferences, so I'm easy on the lobby options as a whole :)

Not sure what tyre wear is like yet round here yet in the 98T , so need to check this. 

If there are at least 6 of us, maybe make it private so no lagging during the race?  I really don't mind. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:10:PM by legacy-8 »
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 03:13:PM »
If we are stopping for tyres would the pitstops be manual or automatic?

I have been practicing the manual pit stops, and really like it!  I have the buttons mapped etc, but it's very easy to get disqualified if everyone hasn't got used to them yet. 

PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 03:14:PM »
Good man  :13:

Back to my youth - If it was good enough for my hero itís good enough for me  :eusa_dance:

Haha same mate, I takes me back to when I got my first scalextric, Pole Position in like 1985!  It had the Black livery Lotus like in my picture, not sure if it was the 98T though.
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 03:47:PM »
Also...Dennis, missing you on the track bud!!  You still not liking PC2 even after patch 2.0???

I must admit, I first played PC1 with controller, and it's the very reason I bought a wheel, just didn't get on with it.  Since getting the wheel, I loved it!  I know due to your back issues is why you can't use a wheel at the moment, hope things are improving there?

And.....Imntr, you got an update about your T100?  Is it time to treat yourself?  I've been looking at the Fanatic CSL elite....may treat myself sometime, I hear really good things about it.
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29

Offline jod08

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 07:21:PM »
Lmao how old are you guys I was born in 1985. I also keep looking at the CSL with the load cell. Itís saposed to be really nice and feel awesome. Have to wait see what Santa brings as itís 600 quid lol. Is 1:50 a lap correct? Also it might be better to post somthing in the psn chat to raise a bit more interest.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:27:PM by jod08 »

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 08:10:PM »
Lmao how old are you guys I was born in 1985. I also keep looking at the CSL with the load cell. Itís saposed to be really nice and feel awesome. Have to wait see what Santa brings as itís 600 quid lol. Is 1:50 a lap correct? Also it might be better to post somthing in the psn chat to raise a bit more interest.

Good idea, I always forget about psn chat lol.

I'm old, born in Nov 78, so hit the big one next year :( 

Yea, the CSL looks amazing.  I was thinking of changing to the T300, but the difference would only be minimal and perhaps not worth the hassle.  Plus to get the decent Thrustmaster peddles would cost a fair bit.  The CSL on the other hand would seem a nice upgrade from both the T300 and especially the G29, although very expensive.  I've seen the CSL bundled with the basic peddles for £500.  The peddles have no clutch though, and look very basic, although I'm sure they would be decent...being fanatic.

Although I had a spin around Imola in the 98T, I can't for the life of me remember what lap times I was doing haha.  I'm guessing a 20 lap race would take about half hour? 

PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 08:13:PM »
What about the rest of the settings?
Race Date Time within game:
Weather:
Force Interior View:
Assists:
Racing Line:
Damage:
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire Simulation: X2 (or x4??)
Flag penalties:
Private or public:
Racing License:

EDIT:
the F50 I was driving yesterday

Haha  :13: The F50 is one of me favorite cars on the game and would make a good endurance race event. What assists are you using with the pad?
Also have you tried the Caterham SP300R yet?
Default date and 14:oo hrs
Clear Weather, we are still getting to grips with the cars so clear weather (at least speaking for myself)  I think is fine.
Any view and racing line allowed.
Damage performance impacting and mechanical failure on.
Tire wear,  only available is authentic and accelerated, I have no idea what accelerated tire wear is perhaps someone could test tires longevity and report.
Penalties on.   the host has track limit penalties and how many seconds penalty to get a drive through, I chose arbitrarily 15 seconds before drive through for all my lobbies.
We need to do public to try to attract new drivers and take opportunity to promote our league these days.  We can still do our private league sessions from time to time.
Racing license on for public ( off if any of us is blocked) and off for private
There is also a collisions penalty I keep off now because I was getting penalized for hitting the wall during practice so SMS needs to tweak the operation of this rule.

I have no assists in all my driving with the controller.  I think I am trying to drive the controller as if it was a wheel.   I am trying to drive like Dennis but my mind is wired for a wheel, I dislike so much the drifting so I am trying to get used to it.
No I have not driven the Caterham yet but I am guessing it is similar to the Mono as in PC1.   The Radical RXC Turbo is more of a handful.   

* edit
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:45:PM by lmntr »

Offline jod08

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 10:10:PM »
I've seen the CSL bundled with the basic peddles for £500.  The peddles have no clutch though, and look very basic, although I'm sure they would be decent...being fanatic

You buy the bundle for Ä519 (wheel and twin pedals) then add the loadcell kit thatís Ä140. (This is a hole new pedal arm with the load cell attached) then you move the brake and accelerator apart on the twin pedals set and slot the new brake arm with load cell in the middle. Making it into a triple pedal set and the wheel for Ä660 this is about £597 after conversion.

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 10:32:PM »
Personally Iíd prefer if license was off for this race. You will probably get some dicks join. Iíd rather not have my hard work spoiled by some fool driving like a tool

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 10:38:PM »

Good idea, I always forget about psn chat lol.

I'm old, born in Nov 78, so hit the big one next year :( 

Sept 78 vintage here. Bacicly a old Man but act and feel 18. The only difference is I drink more and have a lot less sex  :17:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 12:48:AM »
Lord willing, I'll give this a go. I'd prefer PSN chat over lobby chat but will go with either. I'll need to create a base setup for the Lotus though.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline jod08

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09:AM »
I'd prefer PSN chat over lobby chat

I would also like this so i can modulate the chat volume separately to the game sound. Where the in game chat volume is stupidly high compared to the game sound. I would also like to make a note that in two online sessions last night with damage set to off! i have been held up in the pit lane for repairs :wtf:. The first was about 20 seconds extra after re-fuel finished and the second time i was stationary for 1.32 and was lapped before leaving my pit lane. So just be aware Matt as you seem to get worse luck with the pits lmao.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:14:AM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 12:05:AM »
So just be aware Matt as you seem to get worse luck with the pits lmao.

Oh no. I'm doomed. Dooooomed I tell ya!

I had a go yesterday in this thing. Think I had to boost at around 85% and was able to lap around the 1:32 mark. But I was just driving round rather than trying to go fast. I guess a good lap time is around the 1:20 mark. I dare not even look at the TT times.

With assists on or off I was lapping about the same, but with them off you can lose it at any moment if the boost kicks in when you're not ready for it, particularly on a bumpy section. With TC on this is less of a problem but what you seem to gain in stability you lose in overall acceleration. It actually seems to be a fair trade for once.