Username: Password:

Author Topic: SCClockDr is back  (Read 680 times)

Offline SCClockDr

SCClockDr is back
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:22:PM »
Hi all
Looks a lot has changed since I last was on the console. What is organized for Mon, Wed, & Thurs?

I've held off on PC2 due die to the G29 issues.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:43:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Re: SCClockDr is back
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:PM »

I've held off on PC2 die to the G29 issues.

How do?

Do me a favour and tell the devs that. I'm hating the experience or rather, lack of it, on my G29.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:AM »
Welcome back! How was your road trip?

I personally decided to shelve PC2 until they have patched a lot of weird stuff, I simply don't constantly want to be annoyed by a game. Bought some other games to keep me occupied in the meanwhile, but I'm still looking forward to a really playable PC2.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:PM »
Welcome back George!  Hope your trip went well.

I also have the G29, and although the FFB is nowhere near like it was in PC1 yet and yes the game has many bugs, but I am still loving it!

It's is more than playable at the moment, and I would recommend it
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 06:31:PM »
Welcome back!  Hope you had a joyful trip.   I am sure Matt and legacy will share their settings with you.  Will be nice to see you back racing with us in the near future.  :13:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:20:PM »
Thank y'all! The G29 FFB Settings would be helpful in getting me to plunge in. Is the download or the disk the better choice?
Regards
George

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 12:59:PM »
Well I made the leap & grabbed the digital deluxe edition. Got it started and the DLC is now onboard.

What & when is the next expected event/gathering. I did some career in the G40 with the default FFB Settings which felt OK to me.I'll try immersive next.

Getting itchy!
Regards
George

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 04:06:PM »
My experiences of the FFB for the G29 are erratic at best. Every time I change car I find I spend more time fiddling with the FFB than the car setup. Sometimes I have to vary it per track as well, especially if I go from a smooth to a bumpy track I have to mess with the FX to get something useable. E.g. Cadwell felt great in the G55 GT4 until I soon realised all the PC1 style twisting forces I was getting was not from the rear end but surface effects from the undulations of the track. It was not useful for pushing.

I mostly have gain, volume and tone turned up really high and fx set very low. Whatever I do, I've ever managed to get any FFB from the front tyres which makes accurate braking impossible. The more high powered the car the less rear FFB I seem to be getting as well. My limit appears to be GT4 cars. The GT3's have a bit but I have to hold the wheel unnaturally gently and if I hit some unexpected high fx feedback I'll literally lose control of the steering.

It's so strange though. The 98T F1 car we were trying the other day was pretty good for rear feedback but the Indycar is non-existent.

The annoying thing is, in PC1 I could pretty much use exactly the same FFB for every car and the FFB was saved per car. In PC2 I have to keep changing it as much as the car setup, yet you can't save these per setup! It's... backwards!

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 08:54:AM »
Well I made the leap & grabbed the digital deluxe edition. Got it started and the DLC is now onboard.

What & when is the next expected event/gathering. I did some career in the G40 with the default FFB Settings which felt OK to me.I'll try immersive next.

Getting itchy!

I love these cars they are alot of fun, Ive just finished my last tier 6 event last night and went for the SC lites in tier 5 there awesome. Next gathering will on Wednesday/Thursday, keep and eye on the group chat on the psn  :13:

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 02:02:PM »
So there is nothing planned for tonight (Monday), correct?
Regards
George