Username: Password:

Author Topic: GT Sport demo out on the 9th  (Read 789 times)

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
GT Sport demo out on the 9th
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:11:PM »
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/10/03/gran-turismo-sport-limited-time-demo-goes-live-on-9th-october/

At least Polyphony have the confidence to let you test their product before you buy. Personally I think demos should be the law given how so many have been conned by PC2.

Ever considered switching allegiance? I'm a veteran of GT1 thru 4. All have been great as a multiplayer experience.

Offline legacy-8

Re: GT Sport demo out on the 9th
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:PM »
Ahh, the last one I enjoyed was Gran Turismo A spec in 1999.  Ever since then, not been a fan as I have enjoyed other titles more (MSR, Project Gotham and recently Forza)

Never really been into PC gaming so never got chance to properly race sims, up until recently of course..  For me, PC2 is amazing, even with it's flaws.  I have managed to get settings that suit and feel good on the wheel, and although there are many bugs I am really loving it at the moment.

Since A spec, I find myself yawning and getting bored very quick with Gran Turismo.  Not for me anymore, well at least until I try the demo, might change my mind? lol

EDIT - I must say, it looks GORGEOUS though!  I'm just not a fan of the arcade/sim type racer anymore which I presume this falls under.  Not even bothering with forza 7 and I have never missed getting that game
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:04:PM by legacy-8 »
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:49:AM »
I pre-ordered it the same day i ordered PC2 as a back up. I was told by a couple beta testers that it felt good. I only wanted it for the career side but it seems they have dropped the "traditional career mode". They have focused the game heavily for the online side and then put 100 od races/tests/challenges on for single player. I used to love saving up and buying cars and painting them and loved browsing the used cars dealers untill that got removed. I also know that since GT3 i have played the gt games less and less to the point where i only played GT6 for about 8 hours total.

Edit: I forgot to mention that GT Sport only had has 27 track combinations
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:28:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 11:23:PM »
I don't think I'll get GT sport. I raced a lot of GT5 on the PS3, but the lack of real life tracks and tracks in total, the focus on sports cars instead of race cars just doesn't do it for me.
I bought some games to keep me busy until they have applied some major patches to PC2, I still really want to play the game, it has so much potential, but I know playing it right now it's only a source of frustration, so I just don't bother with it. I've dived into Mass Effect: Andromeda in which I can spend a lot of time, got Sniper Elite 4 for some brainless killing and F1 2017 for some racing. PC2 is (virtually) shelved for now.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:17:PM »
OMG does this wipe the floor with PC2's face and spit it into the weeds!

So utterly and instantly playable. 2 mins in and you're already looking where you can improve lap times than tip-toe round fighting to keep the car on the track.

The FFB... WORKS! :) Although suffering with front feedback still. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get this back. But where this kills the game completely with PC2, GTS takes it into account.

Offline jod08

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:23:PM »
OMG does this wipe the floor with PC2's face and spit it into the weeds!

So utterly and instantly playable. 2 mins in and you're already looking where you can improve lap times than tip-toe round fighting to keep the car on the track.

The FFB... WORKS! :) Although suffering with front feedback still. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get this back. But where this kills the game completely with PC2, GTS takes it into account.

Really? i tried the limited timed demo last night and they was not kidding, It is limited. The force feed back to me just felt overly heavy a few hour's of that and i would be fucked. Try to change the settings and the options section errors every time forcing a game reboot. Tried to access the online and that also error's every time! I would also randomly get error's while loading some of the tests and scenario's. After about 90 mins and about 25 reboots and not even trying a race i gave up. I put p cars 2 back on and joined random lobby's. the only thing i want from gt sport is the graphics. The Demo just felt dull and broken imo. What an amazing way to boost sales lol well at least they let you test the game before buying it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:25:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:PM »
There was a problem with the servers being overloaded. Clearly the GT Sport demo was far more popular than they expected.

From my pov this has been the only issue with GTS. I believe they had to add another 6 servers overnight! Six! It's almost exclusively had nothing but ravingly positive feedback from the players on GTPlanet.

You lightweight! ;) I love the FFB. How weighty that feels on the G29 is more or less how I had it in PC1. If there's no weight to the wheel it feels like I'm completely disconnected from the road and being from a Karting background I'm used to very heavy steering. If my arms weren't aching at the end of a race, I hadn't gone fast enough.

As for the rest, damn the racing is immense fun! So close and intense. When you're no longer battling to keep the car under control you can really go for it and get down to some serious action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoEU5cx3cuc&t=2s

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:03:PM by Mattikake »

Offline jod08

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:PM »
You lightweight! ;) 

lol I knew this was coming. Obviously online is working then is that limited too? Also bumper cam?

If your on later when i get on we can join up if you want.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:27:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 07:50:PM »
Been trying to work out if there is a way to send invites from lobby races but I'll be buggered if I can find a way like there is in PC1/2.