Username: Password:

Author Topic: PC2 - Race this week 28th Sept  (Read 2700 times)

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
PC2 - Race this week 28th Sept
« on: September 24, 2017, 01:20:AM »
Anyone up for a race this week ?

We can always do a random car track selection 15 min Q and race

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
Re: PC2 - Race this week 28th Sept
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 02:43:AM »
Iím in. Have Wednesday and Thursday off. So anytime works for me.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:AM »
Yeah I'm up for this as long as i can get control of the tv. Are we talking normal time?

This might be hard for Dennis random car and track I don't think he is having much luck with the pad settings.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:29:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:55:AM »
Yeah I'm up for this as long as i can get control of the tv. Are we talking normal time?

This might be hard for Dennis random car and track I don't think he is having much luck with the pad settings.

Any car/track will be hard. I don't think I'll be playing much until there are some patches, until then I might download F1 2017 or perhaps some other game to keep me occupied. The way the game is in right now I can barely beat the AI on 30%. It's just not fun to play for me at this moment.

So don't count on me for the foreseeable future for any races. I'll be doing other things
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 04:40:PM »
I'm still testing out the FFB on my PS4. It actually seems to work on slower/non-open wheelers but I've only tried a few. The Indycar and Formula C and 100% unplayable.

The Honda 2&4 works though. Its very hard to drive - like the Caterham in PC1 but more twitchy/unstable. Nothing like the improve tyre model claims handling on the limit will be. I'll try a GT3 car later.

So if you need numbers send me an invite. I probably won't be a threat which will be no bad thing for the others!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:38:PM »
Okay, even though my wheel does not work I am willing to try the controller!  Dennis, if you are around and have a chance, can you send me your controller settings so that I do not start from scratch!  I wonít be a threat obviously. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:33:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 07:58:AM »
I'm in if I can get my settings right. So far I can't keep any car on the track.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 09:27:AM »
I'm in if I can get my settings right. So far I can't keep any car on the track.
what settings are you using i found something that feels close to how i had it in Pc1.

Can i suggest we have damage and penalty's off. For some reason my visual damage did not get repaired between qualifying and a race session over the weekend. So i started the race with my bonnet all bent up covering half my window screen. I also used return to pit yesterday in qualifying and i got a speeding in the pit lane penalty that disqualified me from qualifying. lol so much for ive not had that many problems.

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:34:AM »
What wheel have you got Skan ?

So far I've only tried the Indy car and that was useless must be bugged and I believe FC is the same.

Try a GT3 car it's not to bad with those.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 10:48:AM »
The general suggestion is to try the Honda 2&4. It was said to me for wheel and ffb setup purposes. It's a tricky but fun car to drive.

Ant high powered cars seem to be fucked. Tried a 488 GT3 at Monza and it was feelless. It was an online race of course and it was mayhem. So I don't think I was the only one struggling.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:AM »
Okay, even though my wheel does not work I am willing to try the controller!  Dennis, if you are around and have a chance, can you send me your controller settings so that I do not start from scratch!  I wonít be a threat obviously.

Can't really help you with settings for pCars2. The setup from the first game doesn't translate into the second. The base setup of the controller feels better than the base setup in part 1, but I've tried all kinds of tips and for some cars it feels like it should, but then the next car I have to change the settings because it is way off and just can't get it right. Something you'd normally do through the setup of your car, it seems like SMS has forgotten it's still a game and people don't want to have to setup the controller for each car individually, setups that you can't save. They can't expect me to have an excel file with a hundred setups for different cars and tracks, right?
There are some youtube videos on controller setups, but they haven't been really helpful for me.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 12:50:PM »
I have never got proficient using the the controller but I am trying.  I changed my settings to something similar posted in the PCars Forum and it felt much better at first, then I started to push the car and the back end would come around as soon as I went faster than the previous lap even though I was trying to improve as slowly as I could.  I have a hunch it is a combination of car set up and the controller not being as linear.  Many people are complaining about the controller being too sensitive.   I started to analyze the steering through the controller and it appears as you steer further, there is a point where the transition or sensitivity rises rapidly.  It is this rapid change going back to straight combined with deceleration that makes the back end spin.  I notice that setting the steering to react faster (I forget what is called) alleviates the tendency to spin but it makes it jittery on the straight.    Now, after reading this, please just tell me I need to have more of a steady thumb and get on get it!  That, I am full of it!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:52:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 05:46:PM »
I have never got proficient using the the controller but I am trying.  I changed my settings to something similar posted in the PCars Forum and it felt much better at first, then I started to push the car and the back end would come around as soon as I went faster than the previous lap even though I was trying to improve as slowly as I could.  I have a hunch it is a combination of car set up and the controller not being as linear.  Many people are complaining about the controller being too sensitive.   I started to analyze the steering through the controller and it appears as you steer further, there is a point where the transition or sensitivity rises rapidly.  It is this rapid change going back to straight combined with deceleration that makes the back end spin.  I notice that setting the steering to react faster (I forget what is called) alleviates the tendency to spin but it makes it jittery on the straight.    Now, after reading this, please just tell me I need to have more of a steady thumb and get on get it!  That, I am full of it!

The big issue with the steering to react faster will also result into really bad tire wear and without assists I personally find the cars better controllable with the slower steering, but it depends on the car-track combo. In PC1 I just couldn't drive on some tracks due to the nature of the controller, I couldn't reach full lock fast enough (something you can often force with a wheel, with your thumbstick you can just press it to the right/left and hope it reaches the amount of lock you're looking for in time), so a track like Monaco becomes impossible to be fast because for some corners I had to almost stop on track to get the car to steer in.
With PC2 I have tried different things the first days, but practical identical cars would react completely different to steering input and not the logical difference you can adjust with a good setup, but more like the difference between a car and a motorcycle... I believe if you put enough time into 1 track and 1 car you can get it to work, but getting a new game, you want to explore the different tracks and cars it has to offer and not be lost with your controls, because you just don't know if it's the controllers fault or the car setup and before you figured it out (if at all) you're busy for hours, just getting the steering input right, you wouldn't want to have to setup your wheel from scratch for every race either, right?

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 05:38:AM »
I'm thinking there's not much point racing this week with all the problems people are having.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 09:40:AM »
I would consider it a beta test session... maybe even alpha.