Username: Password:

Author Topic: PC2 - Race this week 28th Sept  (Read 2611 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: PC2 - Race this week 28th Sept
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 02:02:PM »
Does seem pointless with only 4 people tbf. Ill invade some random GT3 lobby's instead. I just hate the first corner bullshit in random lobby's. Nobody gives a shit lol.

I'm in if I can get my settings right. So far I can't keep any car on the track.
Have you had any luck?

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 02:12:PM »
I have about 80 clean racers and friends on my PS4. Not a problem to invite people...

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 11:50:PM »
I have tried several controller settings found in the PCars Forum and I finally found one by chance on you tube that seems to work much better than before, either that or I am just getting better; you may consider me a virtual controller newby so pretend I am like when you first started racing with the controller.  The only thing I am doing lately is concentrating with the controller damper setting. So far, I have played only with the Formula X, Road America and no assists in the controller but I am finally able to keep the car on the road and learned a thing or two about tweaking the new style set up with more choices.   Today, for the first time I entered a GT3 lobby and was surprised how easy it was for me to get a handle of compared to the Formula X; it felt more arcady even for me a controller newby.  I am way too far to be competitive in public lobbies as I was with my wheel.   With all this said and done, I am not having fun and miss my wheel.  I might just end up buying another wheel after all unless somehow the devs work their magic and make the T100 compatible.  Compatible is the right word as I learned, instead of “supported”. the T100 is compatible only because the same procedure is used in several games where you need to use a combination of controller and wheel to make it work in the game.  I have contacted SMS privately and had been replied to with the information that odds are great no work will be done with the T100. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:21:PM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 09:38:AM »
Adjusting the diff settings and rear tyre pressures helps but I still spin through 360 degrees at least once every 2 laps. I'm so far from competitive. If anyone is racing tonight I might join in but I have to sa this is more chore than game right now. Hopefully the next patch will address this grip issue. Even in 4WD I can spin using brakes with ABS on. It's almost undrivable for me.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 12:15:PM »
Adjusting the diff settings and rear tyre pressures helps but I still spin through 360 degrees at least once every 2 laps. I'm so far from competitive. If anyone is racing tonight I might join in but I have to sa this is more chore than game right now. Hopefully the next patch will address this grip issue. Even in 4WD I can spin using brakes with ABS on. It's almost undrivable for me.

I am starting to enjoy the game and i have all the assist off. Although i am only using GT3's, Group A and alike. I have also started my career in the Jr.Ginetta and find these very fun to drive to. I have changed my ffb settings so many times that i think i am just going to stick with what i have now. As it feels like a good balance in the cars i have mentioned above. I will forward them over again skan i have changed them since the last time.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:15:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 02:28:PM »
^ can you get a feel for the front wheel tyre slip?

I'm now running 90,80,90,15. The rear at least on a Touring Car is fed back well, but the fronts are dead. Absolute zero feedback.

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 10:31:PM »
Matt - Did you try my settings?

Skan what wheel do you have ? I can get you some settings to try.

My first Impressions of this was like you guys bacicly the FFB was rubbish I was really disappointed. Nothing like PC1 the stock settings are much like AC. Not so much feel for the car.

However I now look at it like this. Forget what pc1 was like it's a new game the cars handle different the game is different.

Treat it as something new don't try and recreate PC1 learn the game as a brand new. You don't get the same feeling but you get used to it.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 11:43:PM »
I can't remember what your settings were to try.

I've tried many different concoctions but I still can't get any feel for the front tyres. Currently I think I'm running something like 90, 80, 90, 15. I even tried a FWD touring car but still nothing. It's simply blank. I have to run ABS atm because the only way I know the fronts are locking under braking is because the car doesn't stop or goes straight on. The tyre screeching helps but by then it's too late and you can't tell when to reapply (I have an old karting habit to automatically cadence brake. Stabbing away works ok in a kart if you screw up).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:58:PM by Mattikake »

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:AM »
Immersive

It's not great but. Try it in a Gt3 or 90's Gt1 some of the other cars it doesn't feel as good

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 02:05:PM »
So here's a thing.
I just read a post about cars spinning too easily on the PC2 forum. The solution is to delete your profile and start the game again without altering any controller settings at all. I just tried it and did my fastest time around RA in FX. Cold tyres too.

The FFB is too heavy but suddenly the cars are drivable!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:07:PM by Skanda-Five »

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:PM »
WTF  :embarrassed:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 01:16:AM »
So here's a thing.
I just read a post about cars spinning too easily on the PC2 forum. The solution is to delete your profile and start the game again without altering any controller settings at all. I just tried it and did my fastest time around RA in FX. Cold tyres too.

The FFB is too heavy but suddenly the cars are drivable!
Dam, I just spent about an hour tinkering with the controller settings and I did not reset my profile. Skan, you are referring to the profile for the console, correct?  I did not see anything within the game to delete.   Now, concerning coming to grips of the controller,  I threw away the settings for steering sensitivity and dampening.  My car was too twitchy that I kept trying to reduce sensitivity and increase dampening and it was getting worse and worse.  So on a hunch after a moment of enlightening , I decided to set steering sensitivity and dampening to 50 which is supposed to make it a linear signal.  My thought was, what if I am overshooting my thumb because of how dampened and delayed the lever was applying the steering ending up inducing oscillation.  And sure enough, after a few laps to become acclimatized, I began to drive more precisely and improve my lap times further.    The brain was controlling now how much sensitive and dampened the thumb needed it be, if that makes any sense.   Go ahead, tell me what the hell are you smoking?  :grin:   I will try deleting the profile next time I am online.   By the way, I am waiting on a response from Thrustmaster in regards to my t100.  I read something in their website in the regards to the t500, which is similar in function to the t100, and it states that it is up to the game developer to make a PS3 wheel compatible with a PS4 game application as it was done with the T500.  So my thought went what if this also applies to the T100, after all, they made it compatible with PCars in PS4 so they should be able to do it again.   PCars Moderators keep telling people that it is “Sony’s fault” the t100 is not compatible.  I just do not want to sell my wheel and then find in a Month or two suddenly it works.  I want to be able to make my case. 

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 06:39:AM »
I know it's frustrating when they say it's Sony's fault. The T100 still works on PS4 but not for PC2. Why would they not permit it's use for a single title?

Yes it's the profile under the system settings. You WILL lose all your setups, settings, laptimes and career progress. I tried it yesterday and only the FC had issues. I will try some settings today to see if I can work out which settings cause problems.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 06:55:AM »

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 04:57:PM »
Is anyone arranging races on Thursdays at the minute, or are we waiting for the updates?  :beta:
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view