Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lotus 98T @ Imola  (Read 2217 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: Lotus 98T @ Imola
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 09:48:AM »
Assists? dude i thought you was hardcore :shocked:. Holding on when the boost kicks in is what makes the car so much fun. Your getting 1.32's without even trying that is impressive i only managed a 1.34-1.33 on Monday with Lmntr. I was also shocked when he said he is using no assists with pad! that is hardcore :icon_twisted:.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 04:59:PM »
Well by not trying I mean just trying to keep it on the track than trying to go fast or perfect a lap. It was on default setup too apart from fiddling with the boost.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 04:44:PM »
btw I worked out what blows the engine - ignoring the shift light! Sounds obvious but the car will redline to 13Krpm but the shift light is at about 12Krpm. If you use the boost cheat thing on the main straight it will instantly redline at 13Krpm for the entire straight and the engine temps shoot right up.

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 09:59:PM »

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 10:45:PM »
Not sure who was talking about assists, but after the game I went and checked mine. I think the new patch changed my settings as I swear I had authentic on. Just a heads up to go through your settings again post patch.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 12:57:PM »
https://youtu.be/tEWj5UknX4k

Real shame mate looked like an easy win. Any chance you could tell me your gear ratios? no matter what i did with mine when i shifted to 5th my car would drop so much speed and not speed back up. So i was red lining 4th down the straights.

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 04:49:PM »
Whatever the stock settings were mate. All I did was up the boost to 85%, adjust the fuel and mess with the tyre pressure. I couldn’t be bothered messing with it.

Tbh its pretty decent out of the box I wouldn’t change much anyway.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 05:33:PM »
Yeah I was trying to be clever and mess with the ratios so I could get more speed on the start/finish straight without over-revving, but due to bugs with saving gear ratios I didn't get anything close to what I was aiming for until half way through quali... and then discovered it was crap anyway, constantly off boost out of corners. Using the cheat boost button was more effective. And I had max boost so didn't need that button anyway!

And then I blew up suddenly which we think was nothing to do with engine temps - which weren't high - but simply because I was using full boost. When my engine went there was no damage on the HUD and the temps were below 210degF and 195-ish throughout the rest of the lap.

Could've done with some testing or have another go at it.

Afterwards though we tried the Lotus 25 F3 car. Man that thing is drift-tastic! Amazing fun car to drive. Have a go. It's worth trying a championship in this. It's kind of like the PC1 Formula rookie, but much less twitchy and faster.