Username: Password:

Author Topic: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Re: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2017, 11:46:PM »
My test platform has been the Fx in Road America and I have been playing with a controller.   Yesterday ,  I started a new lobby after finishing a session where I tweaked the gearing to work with a taller final gear ratio until I got it where it felt optimized, well in the new lobby I was running out of rpm’s!!!!!   Almost as if I made the final gear shorter!!  A totally different experience to the almost an hour of tweaking in private practice.    I stayed in the same lobby and the only way I fixed this was to make the final gear even taller than before.    I do not know what to think....  If there is a huge problem only with the gearing adjustments, what else is not acting right?

There's reports of people having the exact same problem with IndyCars on ovals. I was having the same sort of issue in our little FX race. It's such an odd bug it's spooky almost like you're not sure it's happening and you're going insane.

Looks like I've now encountered the slow menus bug. I was trying career in the G40 and after exiting the 2nd race I was met by a blank screen. I had to quit the game and restart. Since then it takes about 15-25 seconds for the menu system to respond.

Do you have to delete all your saved data to get round this? All setups and your career data? :(

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 04:55:PM »
Alright Matt..

From what I understand, the best work around(s) for lagging menus are as follows:

Have no more than 1 career save

On multiplayer, apparently, if everyone in said lobby has their game saves uploaded to cloud, it runs way quicker and actually works.  There is a bug with custom set ups that freezes lobbies.
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2017, 12:37:AM »
I just actually laughed out loud. If you just read this thread with, I don't know 6 contributors? and how many issues just those people have. It's just one big joke... :wtf:
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 10:09:PM »
I'm sad to report, the landmine bug still persists!

Damn. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uiYqxMBR6Q