Username: Password:

Author Topic: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread  (Read 2676 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:AM »
Tbf in the small time that i have played the game. I have had some fun and I have not had that many problems. I am actually excited to get on it. Yeah some cars are very hard to drive with the ffb being the way it is. You find yourself using "the force" not the ffb lol.

So PC1 must be sending reset data to the wheel which then carries across to PC2. Which also confirms the wheel handling is bugged bigtime.
This seems odd to me how much difference was there and was all the condition setting's the same both times you was on Pc2? also out of interest what have done with your ffb settings?

I tried that and it did not work.  It is still unclear wether my wheel will eventually be compatible.  I did get a response from a moderator on the website who titles himself as 1/2 WMD who states it will not be supported.    We’ll see.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52337-T100-not-recognized&p=1363212#post1363212

That is shit mate i love how they are just saying "its not us blame Sony". It might work once they add keyboard support well if they add lol.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:12:AM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 01:39:PM »
So PC1 must be sending reset data to the wheel which then carries across to PC2. Which also confirms the wheel handling is bugged bigtime.
This seems odd to me how much difference was there and was all the condition setting's the same both times you was on Pc2? also out of interest what have done with your ffb settings?

FFB was the same in both PC2 sessions. Informative, 100, 50, 20, 40 IIRC. The feeling was totally different.

This guy has the same problem, same car @ 1:30.00 but doesn't recognise it as a probem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6uh7XDa9ro&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m00s

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 03:06:PM »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 06:03:PM »
Matt did you notice that your post "SMS when can we expect updates" has been removed from the PC2 forum?
Looks like we hit a nerve!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 07:45:PM »
Assetto Corsa is looking better and better.  At least they state my wheel is compatible though not supported but it will play. I can buy one used for less than $ 20 US Dollars.  When PCars eventually make my wheel compatible it might be way too long.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:PM »
AC isn't that good mate tbh I much prefer PC1

I wouldn't hang about for them to make your wheel compatible. I'd say that won't happen at all.

Christmas came early happy shopping  :steeringwheel:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:PM »
Matt did you notice that your post "SMS when can we expect updates" has been removed from the PC2 forum?
Looks like we hit a nerve!

It's because I quoted the sale of goods act to them... oh and their admission that they knowingly sold something that doesn't comply to the sale of goods act. hmm...

Evil takes many forms.

AC isn't that good mate tbh I much prefer PC1

How so? I hear nothing but positives in terms of gameplay for AC.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:25:PM by Mattikake »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:AM »
Firstly it's the Italian they do what ever they want no matter how wrong they are. I know I worked within the Fiat group for 15 years.

You moan like fuck at this game it took AC over 6 months to get public lobbies up and running.

The ffb is similar to what std PC2 has, graphics aren't as good nor is content and no lobby chat.

The point you are missing is these are essentially sims I.E. PC games put on Consol. You may here people raving about them but you have to remember which platform they're on about.

PC2 will be patched I'm sure this has the makings of a great game.

If you want more realistic stuff go PC racing that's a whole different world

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 02:20:PM »
In interesting read:- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52726-PS4-VS-PC-version

Probably needs more contribution but apart from online racing where everyone in theory should have the same disadvantage, I'm giving up on PC2.

If we do a race on Thursday it should prove to be an interesting test...

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 02:41:PM »
The PC version was pushed to PS4 users (advertised, reviewed, dev streamed etc. I cannot find a single preview that is on PS4, yet the PC version was being implied to be the version that everyone would get on all formats). One version advertised as another is a breach of the sale of goods act -

"The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires goods to be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

1) Fit for purpose means both for their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller.

2) Goods sold must also match any sample you were shown in store, or any description in a brochure.

3) The only time goods are not required to be satisfactory quality is if a defect or issue was specifically drawn to  your attention before you bought them. "

1) The PS4 version is so unplayable it is not fit for purpose. 2) The PS4 version does not match any sample we have been shown. 3) PS4 customers where not advised of any defects.

So what do we do now? Present a case to Trading Standards?

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2017, 03:01:PM »
I've reported this to Trading Standard Obudsman. I expect little to happen... :(

I write to you regarding the recent release of a computer game called Project Cars 2 on the Playstation 4 (PS4).

The PS4 version of the game is riddled with bugs and has major issues with the control systems ultimately making the product unusable as it is intended. You can find more reading about the numerous issues on the official Project Cars 2 forum here:-

Numerous problems and complaints: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?149-Project-CARS-2-on-Playstation-4

PS4 v PC version: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52726-PS4-VS-PC-version

It transpires the comments from the developers admit that the game wasn't properly tested before release and this was rushed out to beat the release of competitor titles such as Polyphony's GT Sport. In other words, to obtain consumers' money first then worry about problems later. There are thousands of people who paid £75 for a product they cannot use with the developers seemingly not admitting direct fault.

In all advertisements and selling media, the PC version was pushed to PS4 users (advertised, reviewed, dev streamed etc. I cannot find a single preview that is on PS4, yet the PC version was being implied to be the version that everyone would get on all formats). As I understand it, one version advertised as another is a breach of the sale of goods act -

"The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires goods to be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

1) Fit for purpose means both for their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller.

2) Goods sold must also match any sample you were shown in store, or any description in a brochure.

3) The only time goods are not required to be satisfactory quality is if a defect or issue was specifically drawn to  your attention before you bought them. "

1) The PS4 version is adjudged by customers to be so unplayable it is not fit for purpose. 2) The PS4 version does not match any sample we have been shown. 3) PS4 customers where not advised of any defects prior to sale.

The bottom line of the issue is that all developers are well aware that software products are exempt from EU distance selling regulation, which I believe to the the crux of the debacle.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 04:27:PM »
lmfao i don't think anything will happen. Games are released like this all time. In fact i am having a hard time remembering the last game i brought that was ready out of the box. This is just one of the problems with pre-ordering games. I knew there was going to be issues, yeah maybe not this many. But its not like your turning the game on and getting a black screen with nothing loading - it works to an extent. If you was to complain to psn you might be able to get refund. Apart from that i just think your wasting your time tbf.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 05:14:PM »
Well the claim that "it doesn't work as advertised" it one that can be proven. As also all the developer feeds were for the PC version, although not mentioned as the PC version so the implication was that the PS4 version would be the same, which it isn't. False advertising.

Anyway, my various and numerous YT comments have already successfully convinced a few people not to buy the same, so terms of costing them money (or rather, somehow getting MY money's worth) I'm having some success. :)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 05:25:PM »
I think the game will eventually end up the same as PC1, still a lot of bugs, but playable and no more support after a year.
I just don't want to be this annoyed by a game, because even if you finally find a car that you can actually drive, you encounter so many bugs during a 5-6 lap race it's ridiculous. I don't remember PC1 being this bad at launch (but I didn't play it very much at the start, just a bit of career now and then or a race with a few friends, I was mainly busy with Destiny at the time).
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 07:36:PM »
I've had a follow up from Consumer Advice .org asking for more information about the scam... sorry, I mean issues.

Basically I'm now looking for evidence that PC2 is not as advertised. Can anyone find info about missing content that was advertised to be in the game?