Username: Password:

Author Topic: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread  (Read 3622 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 09:02:AM »
So when are we starting the Assetto Corsa championship?

Fill ya boots

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:AM »
LOL. Mario kart anyone?
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 12:51:PM »
LOL. Mario kart anyone?
If only we could play the original mario kart online on PS4 :( I sometimes still hook up my SNES to play mario kart with a friend of mine. Looks like crap of course on today's big screen TVs but you'll forget that after a few minutes of playing. We've had evenings/nights back in our days at university when we just played against each other like 200 games in a row and have a final score of 98-102 on just 1 track!
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 03:17:PM »
Haha Mario Kart rocked. So competitive... in the days when games were properly tested before release. A bug free game. Happy daze.

I found someone did a smartphone port a few years ago. I had a phone with a pop out keyboard as well so it was perfect to marry up all the required buttons.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 12:27:AM »
After I've had my first real go tonight I don't think it's to bad.

I'm not a fan of the ffb but it's better than AC. The dead zone is horrible just like In AC WTF is dead zone for anyway. Whoever thought of this needs burning alive. I would like to feel what the car is doing more my biggest gripe. You sort of forget about these issues when you're racing.

Yes it's got bugs to be expected.

Gravel = Ice in this game
No mirror
The sounds from the car are to low

However I enjoyed tonight's racing the additional content is good and the real time track thing really adds something to racing games. Did a wet - storm race watch out for them puddles.

It's different but all games are I don't understand why you guys are saying it's unplayable.

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 02:21:AM »
Trick for the mirror is to go to options from the race ( race menu) before you start. Go to hud and save. It will bring up the mirror.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 02:43:AM »
I will not be able to race with PCars2 for now because my T100 is not being recognized.  No matter what I try. 

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 09:52:AM »

It's different but all games are I don't understand why you guys are saying it's unplayable.

Did you try the IndyCar yet? You have the g29 yes?

Not only does the lack of "Tone" ffb make it unplayable but the steering has also got such a disgusting unrealistic light feel to it, it actually makes my skin crawl.

In pc1 I had the sop set so that I could feel the steering go light if the fronts locked or if the rear started to go slowly. But the sop would also snap the steering opposite if the rear lost traction fast. Just like a real car. I can't get pc2 to do any of this. (The only car I had problems with the sop in pc1 was the formula a if you all remember. It was so disgusting to drive I rage quit the race)

Some [high end wheel snobs] are even telling me sop is beyond the g29 on pc2! That scares the hell out of me for future fixes.

I'm starting to wonder if some cars have the ffb working and others don't so I'll be trying some more tests today.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 11:07:AM »
I will not be able to race with PCars2 for now because my T100 is not being recognized.  No matter what I try.

I had this problem at first. I had to reboot everything and start the PlayStation up only using the wheel. This will be hard for you becuase you do have have a ps button. Try this start the PlayStation with the pad but not the game. Then disconnect the pad from the PlayStation and start the game with the wheel?

EDIT: matt what's happened the thread on p.cars forum I don't seem to be able access it through the link anymore?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:26:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 02:09:PM »
They moved some topics around and merged and closed some others. I also have a thread which all of a sudden has a lot of pages while it first just had a few replies.

-They promised better control with the pad with this game, turns out they didn't even test it on the consoles. Even with all assists on, something I really don't like, I can barely keep the cars on track, it just feels way off.
-If you want to race you better turn penalties of, because I have had so many instances where I had for certain at least 2 wheels within the white lines and still got strange penalties. I have set the AI at 30% and still I am struggling, wtf?
-Yesterday I drove quite a variety of cars and tracks and more often than not I couldn't get into cockpit view, it showed the track above my head like I was driving underneath the asphalt :s
-The racing line and/or turn indicators keeps on popping in and out. 1 lap it might show up when you approach a certain corner, the next lap it doesn't etc. I personally just need that line because of my concentration issues due to my meds. I'm okay for a 5 lap race or so, but longer than that I will just lose my focus and miss corners that I have driven hundreds of times.
- Going into the gravel you'd expect to slow down or get stuck: nope, you just do donuts, like the bag said, gravel=ice.
- The AI just does really strange stuff, in a race without fuel consumption or damage 1 car just parked on the track and didn't move during the whole session, causing a pile-up each lap. Had similar things happen quite often.
- Cars that should be hard to drive are easier than cars that should be easier to drive
- My mirror works, but only the top half most of the time: the bottom half is just bright blue, and there is no overlay in the HUD which might cause something like that.
- Sometimes it's like the game just does nothing: I drove out of the pits and as soon as I was on the track, I couldn't do anything. went back to the pits, tried again and I could drive...

But it's even worse that there are so many wheel issues for so many people. Buying an expensive game and not even be able to use your regular setup.

I was expecting, and by the advertisements and live-streams lead to believe that pCars2 would be an improvement over pCars. The same base game, but more content, better physics and a more streamlined menu system. What do we get: a completely different game riddled with game breaking bugs, far from finished but pushed by Bandai-Namco to its release date and untested on consoles "because of restrictions by Sony and MS".

I can't really remember the last time I was this disappointed by a game. Even No Man's Sky was better at release...
Can anyone recommend some game that I can sink a lot of time into? Does someone know if Mass Effect Andromeda has been improved since release (was also having a lot of problems, but I don't know in which state the game is now and I can get it quite cheap)?
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 04:42:PM »
The mods are starting to delete posts. Particularly ones which mention trading standards and sale of goods act etc.

I think I should be speaking to the editor of the Daily Mail about this. He is the son of one of my clients. Met him last night for the first time as it happens. He said he's always on the lookout for a good story especially if it's a bad one, being the mail and all!

* sorry, the edit note means I hit the wrong button.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:24:PM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 06:47:PM »
I've started uploading bugs to YT. This stuff needs showing to the world.

I just had an "interesting" one with the Ginetta G55 GT4 @ Brno. Many bugs encountered while trying to save and create setups but after playing around and getting times of around 2:14 (PC1 I could easily do 2:07 on default setup! So very slow, but you are when there is little to no FFB) it seemed to go down a black hole of instability where I couldn't even walk round a corner without it spinning. I'm talking a full gear lower than I was taking corners a few minutes before. Eh? It was like I was missing a rear wheel. Restarted the session and it was the same. Went back to default setup and still the same.

Oh and it gets horrible slowdown at Brno. You can see the frame rate halving around some sections.

I'm truly gobsmacked by how terrible this is. I said it was a month before ready for release but honestly sod that, it looks like it needs a complete rewrite.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 10:17:PM »

I had this problem at first. I had to reboot everything and start the PlayStation up only using the wheel. This will be hard for you becuase you do have have a ps button. Try this start the PlayStation with the pad but not the game. Then disconnect the pad from the PlayStation and start the game with the wheel?

EDIT: matt what's happened the thread on p.cars forum I don't seem to be able access it through the link anymore?
I tried that and it did not work.  It is still unclear wether my wheel will eventually be compatible.  I did get a response from a moderator on the website who titles himself as 1/2 WMD who states it will not be supported.    We’ll see.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52337-T100-not-recognized&p=1363212#post1363212

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 10:48:PM »
^ That's a bummer. Don't get a G29!

Now here's something interesting. Given the issues I was having with the G55 in PC2; I was in the process of making a video of PC1 no assists with the G55 v's PC2 G55 no assists and the problems I had getting it round a lap... and having tried PC1 first, PC2 is now ok! The steering was heavy, FFB was working, the car was driveable! I even set a record lap time on the TT with the G55 (although it doesn't appear to have uploaded yet so I hope it records it) that was faster than a lot of GT3 times. A 2:13. till way slower than PC1.

So PC1 must be sending reset data to the wheel which then carries across to PC2. Which also confirms the wheel handling is bugged bigtime. I need to report this to the official forum but since complaining about trading standards it seems they've blocked me. What a bunch of cunts. So if anyone wants to cut-paste and post those findings, please do.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 11:25:PM »
The mods are starting to delete posts. Particularly ones which mention trading standards and sale of goods act etc.

I think I should be speaking to the editor of the Daily Mail about this. He is the son of one of my clients. Met him last night for the first time as it happens. He said he's always on the lookout for a good story especially if it's a bad one, being the mail and all!

So that is the reason I could not find it again.  I thought I was loosing it!