Username: Password:

Author Topic: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:09:AM »
Oh no. :(  I'll start.

Who's using a g29 wheel?

No matter what I've tried so far I cannot get mine to force feed me back loss of traction. I've tried nearly every setting so far but it's completely numb. Yes I was trying the IndyCar at road America immediately but it was hopeless. I'm spinning at most corners because I can't feel the traction. I'm also sliding wide on the brakes for the same reason. And even getting oversteer on the 2nd to last corner due to too much steering input/lock. The stability control helps that a bit but omg with sc on the car doesn't even go full throttle on the straights! Wtf? (And surely this is traction control not stability control)

I'm a total beginner again!

My ffb on PCARS 1 was 30, 80, 30, 70 on the first screen and 30, 80, 30, 70 on the sop screen. I can't get pcars 2 to feel anything like this at all. The most max setting on PCARS 2 is gutless. It's like a modern city car with stupidly light power steering.

Atm I've got the distinct feeling I've just wasted my money...

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: The inevitable project cars 2 problems thread
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:23:AM »
That sounds frighteningly like the complaints about PC1. I haven't got into the settings yet but when I do I'll let you know how I got on. Phil was saying his worked straight out of the box.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:36:AM »
I won't be doing any real racing I'm afraid. Had a go yesterday, but the racing line is only visible in some corners, I can't race that way, I'm on so much meds I can't focus for more than a few laps which is already a stretch. I never really followed that line as the ideal line, but it was there to remind me in time that a corner was coming, more subconsciously. Without it I will completely forget corners on tracks on which I have driven hundreds of laps and can tell from memory the sequence of all the turns and how to take them, but a few laps into a race I will get lost.
The game isn't even really finished either: they are supposed to give you the choice per car of a stable or loose setup, but that will come with a patch I read last night. At this moment if you have a wheel the standard setting of the car is loose...
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:51:AM »
The problem I have is that it won’t recognize my Bluetooth keyboard ( button box)so I cant map anything other then the wheel buttons . Other than that the penalty system is rough. Passed a car spinning and I put two wheels off track and had to give the spot back but he was now 6-7 sec behind, and I had nothing to do with the wreck.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:19:AM »
I had a quick blast last night it was late so hard to focus really. So to come straight from P.cars 1 where the force feed back has been tweaked tuned for hours to find a nice feel. Then the added feel from jack spades settings. It is really hard for me to say much about the feel of P.cars2 at the moment. It is also going to take a long time to get used to the navigation of the screen and setups ect. My only real problem apart from the feel is that I had blue shapes randomly flicking on and off my screen like tetris peaces :wtf:. Also my PS4 sounded like its was going take off the fan was that loud while playing. the only thing i like atm is the little options menu you flick up to change things like fuel and brake bias and stuff reminds of F1.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:34:AM »
Matt here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ESYLlNnk&feature=youtu.be

I picked up a copy this morning won't be having a go until tonight

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:37:PM »
Nope. Thanks for the vid, but it appears loads of other G29 users are having the same problems. I've worked it out that the Tone FFB setting does nothing. I can set it to 0 thru 100 and there is no change.

It's unplayable atm :(

Any other G29 users here?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:50:PM »
T300 for me. G29 is listed as a supported wheel.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:29:PM »
Bag and legacy have the G29 Lmntr has the t150 I have the t300 not sure about the rest mate. Is it really that bad?

EDIT: You would be better asking in the psn chat party I think
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:51:PM by jod08 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 07:37:PM »
I will have my chance to try the game tomorrow when I receive the disk. I have the T100 wheel set which acted odd even with PCars.  For example, the L2 button did not work until I actually drove on any track and also I could not configure any buttons until I did the same.  This I found just by chance, imagine that.  I dread to find a problem with my wheel.  At worse case ,  we can always run another season with the PCars.  Let's hope all problems can be solved to the point we can run a season. 

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:PM »
It's been leaked - PC2 on consoles has been released UNTESTED!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51652-Issues-can-we-have-a-response-from-SMS-please

It's riddled with even more bugs than PC1 and some catastrophic - like the issue I'm having.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 10:57:PM »
I see what you mean about lack of rear end feedback. Although I've not played the latest version yet as it's taking forever to download.

You will always get bugs on release. It's only when the games get released they get really tested I wouldn't worry to much. I've seen games made by much larger studios have a lot bigger balls ups than this

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 11:43:PM »
I should be more pissed off than most I've just had a button box and 2 tablets delivered this week that I can't bloody use  :sign0099:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 02:01:AM »
So when are we starting the Assetto Corsa championship?

Offline jod08

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 02:35:AM »
haha i looked at the thread you posted up matt what a fucking joke that is. I had a proper go tonight well an hour most spent in the 911 at donington and it didn't feel to bad. I am getting a similar feel to p cars 1 with the wheel after messing with sliders. It is no where near as immersive as #1. You hardly feel the curbs and its hard to feel when the back snaps. Especicaly when your in the gravel its like a shopping trolley. But i have noticed that grass does not suck you of the track anymore that's a positive lol. Although i was getting slow down warnings in my practice session and lap times cancelled because i did not lift
I only ever hear good things about Assetto Corsa tbf
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:42:AM by jod08 »