Username: Password:

Author Topic: 10 Tenths Sprint Race Series  (Read 606 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
10 Tenths Sprint Race Series
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:25:PM »
10 Tenths Sprint Race Series
This week will feature the Caterham SP/300R
3 Sprint Races 15 Min Qualifying, 20 Min Timed Race, 5 Min brake between race's
No Tyre Wear, No Fuel Usage, No Penalty's Just Racing!!!
Performance Impacting Damage and Free to adjust setup
Tracks picked in lobby, Real time Progression & Clear weather

Here is my thoughts for after next weeks race. Its a new game no championship straight away i would imagine. So most people will be free on the following Thursday's. So can we try get something like this going as a trial? If it works we could try make it stick on a alt day once the championships starts up again. We can pick a car the week before and do a few races at random tracks picked in the lobby by a different person each time. No messing about with pit stop strat's or setup work although car setup's will be open. Just racing for fun like it should be but without all the stress.
Based on the times above and what we use now 3 races will last the same length as the championship race day times approx 2 hours well add 5 mins buffer for loading times. I have tried to think about everyone's input from open cockpit car, allowing abs free to adjust setups and Thursday's seems like a good day now well once the masters is over. I am not trying to take over and i don't want to step on anybody's toes so feel free to shoot me down

Maybe even a forced pit stop as a joker lap? Or even a different car for each race of the night? would you like a points system or just fun? :13:
any Thoughts/Input would be good so get involved people!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:10:PM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: 10 Tenths Sprint Race Series
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:PM »
I'm not sure how interested I am in this, mainly because without a proper setup driving with the pad can become impossible, even with a proper setup it's hard enough. But I'll be willing to give it a go.

I would like to see this being done on another day of the week though (although the first week, or 2, won't be much of an issue) because once pCars2 launches we will get started on setting up a new championship, which will take some time, but during that time we do want to host social races on Thursday that will follow the same format as the upcoming new championship to recruit new drivers so we can race with a full grid. It's important to host that on Thursdays because people who join in will likely be able to join other Thursdays as well.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:PM »
Yea, I like the sound of this! 

Please include the DTM cars!  These are awesome to race in

I would also like to see:

No assists
Forced Manual gears
Forced cockpit view
No visual driving lines or guides
Mandatory pit stop

:cheer:

PS4 Pro - G29 & H Shifter (desk mounted)
28" Benq 1ms Gaming Monitor
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Corsair 7.1 wireless headset, Corsair T1 race chair

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:19:PM »
Jod08, I welcome the fact that you have come forward and propose a series.  As Dennis stated, I probably would move it to Wednesdays or any other day in the week if we can agree and leave Thursdays for Formula driving as our signature series.  At present we need to promote and recruit for our next PCars2 Season to have a full grid in what ever  Formula car we agree;  I thought a season with the new Formula x or any other favorite; I can expand on this later as I have two ideas in mind.  This takes work and patience as most people would readily join a GT or other series as opposed to a Formula Series.  The way it is now, I would be hard pressed to run in two simultaneous series but would definitely make an effort to participate.

I like your initiative and would love to have you help us promote our series as well as your idea.  There is a lot of work behind the scenes with planning, posting a calendar and tables, engaging with members, etc so any additional series would have to include additional members and committed staff. 

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:22:PM »
Tbf I was not expecting a championship so close to release. I wanted to enjoy the game a bit before looking for a setup for the same car week after week. So I was just putting the feelers out a bit looking for other peopleís input and thoughts. Towards something like Mondays races before but with a more laid back fun approach. I just thought we could use Thursdays for now to build interest before we changed the day and started a championship. But i see your point about Thursdays being solely for open wheeler's. So Thursdays is off the table and Wednesday is mock race day so best not to change that too. So a different day is needed no problem.

I'm not sure how interested I am in this, mainly because without a proper setup driving with the pad can become impossible, even with a proper setup it's hard enough. But I'll be willing to give it a go.
Dennis im not being funny but you are one of the fastest consistent driver's here. The car is pre-picked a week in advance with no tyre wear. Will you really not be able to get a base setup ready before race day? Plus from what has been said P.cars 2 is more pad friendly. tbf i will just mess with the car on the day im not fused where i come i just want clean racing.

Yea, I like the sound of this! 
Please include the DTM cars!  These are awesome to race in
I would also like to see:
No assists
Forced Manual gears
Forced cockpit view
No visual driving lines or guides
Mandatory pit stop

Legacy it will be a mixed bag of new and old cars  from all car classes in the game. Also if there is enough people involved we could maybe do a poll for next weeks car. I also like the idea of a forced pit stop so think this should be added :great: Ref the assist although your settings are what I would pick too. It might not help the numbers to start with. Plus its a new game with new physics so not sure who will need what yet. Maybe this could be looked at after a couple of test sessions?

The way it is now, I would be hard pressed to run in two simultaneous series but would definitely make an effort to participate.

Lmntr its simple we just donít do any points so no tables, Tracks picked in lobby by the people in it, So all that is needed is a car to be picked a week ahead and invites sent on the day. :13:

so anyone interested please say what day you will be wiling/able to join at 8pm UK time. Or say if you are not interested at all. Your input is needed to get this moving forward.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:29:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 10:42:PM »
Looks like I missed that first one. I'd be well up for a series like that. Should be easy to set it up as a mini championship on PCARS 2.