Username: Password:

Author Topic: What do you want to race in project cars 2 ?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
What do you want to race in project cars 2 ?
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:50:PM »
We sort of cobbled the next season together until the new game arrives a real mix bag of cars I think this will be a good challenge with different people shining with the different combinations. Hopefully this will will help keep a good group and very much improving gang of people together for the future, generally something for everyone.

For PC2 I think it's good we listen to the members views. What cars do you want to race and what format etc

Let's here your views on how we could improve the league etc. Obviously we can't please everyone but if people speak up and we have a general train of thought. I'm sure changes or implementations could made. Is the season or races to long / short etc would you rather have 2 championships in different cars tracks rather than a mock race on a wed ? Whatever give us the suggestions.

These are my personal thoughts not an official post. Just think it would be good to hear people's opinions.

The reason for this post is perhaps selfish but in the benifit of all of us. Over the last few rounds especially of this championship we've as a whole we've had cracking close racing throughout the field. I personally believe this is down to the track selection and the cars generally being slow. I'd love to see more of this as it's cracking fun. 

Highlighted to me even more so tonight I had a little practice for a league race tomorrow night in the Palmer car at Oulton I've not driven it before. You can't change much on it. Im sure tomorrow's 1.5 hours race will cabbage me the connection required. Raw racing I expected this to be hard but really fun..

Having said that I'd love to do a Group C a complete different ball game we wouldn't have much close racing but mmmmmmmm id do a sex wee.

Let's here what you have to say.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:03:AM by thebag69 »

Offline legacy-8

Re: What do you want to race in project cars 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:13:AM »
Some of the best races I have had on project Cars away from our fantastic league are in the Mercedes 190E DTM, such a superb car, and really great fun against a field full of these, BMW M3's and Sierra Cosworths.

Would love to race these type cars sometime with you guys 

Oulton Park for me is the perfect fit for this class! 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:14:AM by legacy-8 »
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:08:AM »
I have found this FG1000 season also great fun because the cars were a lot slower than the previous ones. It does limit you a bit with tracks because tracks like Spa, Monza, Road America etc are too long.

I too like to drive different cars, that's also why I had setup the Monday races in randomized cars in which we had some fun races even with just 2-3 people showing up. I remember for example the public race we did in the BAC and had fun until the very last meter. But we are an open wheel league (or at the very least open cockpit) and a lot of our members are here because of that format.
But the first season we'll be doing in pCars2 might take a little while, we have to get to know the game, the new cars and tracks, look at a topic like this for member input, select a bunch of stuff and have a vote, get a grid that is as full and motivated to clean racing as possible. All in all, we don't want to rush things, but make sure we organise a great first season in pCars2 :)
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline PeXy

• your custom title
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:AM »
Donna I disagree the gulfs are brilliant on the bigger GP circuit's, have had some of the best race ever at spa, catallunya, Watkins glen, silverstone gp, hockenheim due to the long straights and these cars swapping place sometimes multiple times.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:20:PM »
I prefer to drive the open cockpit formula cars wether it is on a low powered Gulf or Rookie to the more power beasts like Formula A and Lotus Turbo or the new Formula X;  I just hope that the PCars3 never adds the halo if they ever do a Formula 1 2018 car.
I also prefer the standard GP tracks as opposed to the shorter versions in what ever cars we drive.  I do not know if there is enough interest in the historic lower powered lotus.  I have to look at the new tracks again in the Cars2 to see if there are additional historic F1 tracks of the past and present.  in the current PCars we had already identified 15 F1 tracks and we voted on which 12 to include in a season, perhaps we could do this again. 

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 04:22:PM »
Most importantly the new game has Fugi  :steeringwheel: that always gave great racing in GT I hope it will in this game to. I'm looking forward to it.

I must admit I prefer open cockpit stuff generally.

I've only ran the FA a couple of times so looking forward to having a race in that.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:30:AM »
Sadly it looks like they've removed the Superkarts. I love those. Brilliant for ragging the fuc. :(

Why are there no BTCC cars? The argy bargy of PCARS demands touring cars! Other than that the mode open wheelers the better.... with properly done collision physics.

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 06:57:PM »
You sure Matt?  This time they have added a fair few specific kart tracks.

On a side note, and I mentioned this before, I can't see the Formula Gulf cars on the new one :(  Got a proper soft spot for these now
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:AM »
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

No formula B or FG1000, but with Formula X, I've seen footage of one of those in the game reaching 370kp/h, but indeed a bummer that the FG1000 is missing, I really enjoy this car, I'd rather see this car than a 2011 F1 car or a Formula X. I do like that they made a deal with indycar and we get the chevy and honda and both have a road course variant and an oval variant, those cars are a lot of fun.

And yeah, they removed the superkart, but they did mention in the video that they improved the physics of the 100cc kart a lot to a point of great realism, just repeating what they said ;)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:01:AM »
No mudguards and no roof!

I have to say though that the DTM and the Ginetta GT5 are both excellent cars.

Formula C is the first car that I'm going to drive when Pcars2 gets here.

Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 11:23:AM »
These are a select few cars i will be trying first the F40 and the 458 are two of my all-time dream machines

Ferrari 488 GT3
Ferrari F40 LM
Ford GT LM GTE
Lamborghini Huracan GT3

Let's here your views on how we could improve the league etc. Obviously we can't please everyone but if people speak up and we have a general train of thought. I'm sure changes or implementations could made. Is the season or races to long / short etc would you rather have 2 championships in different cars tracks rather than a mock race on a wed ? Whatever give us the suggestions.

Time settings; I find the time settings you have set are perfect for me, start times and session times/length 
Trye settings; Its hard to judge per car per track, Plus set up makes a big difference at the last race 6 laps and my front left tyre was gone!
Weather settings; Although the rain has spoiled a few of my races i still do not think it should be off, Maybe have more settings and use all 4 dry wet dry dry to limit the wet running?

I don't get much time to play so when i get chance i don't like being sat there lapping the same track in the same car practicing & doing setup work for a race i have no chance of winning lol. I do how ever love racing with a grid of ppl that i know to an extent and get along with rather than random lobby's. I would love more of a fun day with the same ppl i race with and respect every week. But without the worry of needing to get on and practice for ages tweaking settings i dont understand looking for a setup. A bit more randomness is needed i think. Maybe a fun day pick one car for the day and do 3-4 10 lap sprint races with a 15 min quali no tyre or fuel saving crap just get in and race. The most fun i had on p cars 1 was in Radical SR8-RX and the Caterham SP/300.R  No set up work just jumped in and raced.

How did you find the Palmer on Saturday bag with the long race?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:38:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 08:55:PM »
Would a good equaliser be that we don't know what track we are at or weather conditions until just before the race start? That way no-one (like me) can gain an advantage doing loads of practice? tbf I don't really know what I'm doing so I just try all sorts of setups until the laptimes come.

Offline PeXy

• your custom title
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 09:32:PM »
Would a good equaliser be that we don't know what track we are at or weather conditions until just before the race start? That way no-one (like me) can gain an advantage doing loads of practice? tbf I don't really know what I'm doing so I just try all sorts of setups until the laptimes come.

I have done leagues like that and it is turd, had 6 on the trot which were wet as the weather was random....4 dry  didn't enjoy it tbh.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 08:11:AM »

lol this is what i do but never get the lap times  :embarrassed:

I didn't mean changing the championship settings i like it the way it is, i just need to find time to get on the game. I was on about the mock race on a Wednesday rather than do the same race twice in a week back to back do something else with the group that is not so serious. a bit like Mondays different car each week picked at lobby but instead of a long race and long practice do 3-4 shorter races at different tracks.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 08:15:AM »
These are a select few cars i will be trying first the F40 and the 458 are two of my all-time dream machines

Ferrari 488 GT3
Ferrari F40 LM
Ford GT LM GTE
Lamborghini Huracan GT3

Time settings; I find the time settings you have set are perfect for me, start times and session times/length 
Trye settings; Its hard to judge per car per track, Plus set up makes a big difference at the last race 6 laps and my front left tyre was gone!
Weather settings; Although the rain has spoiled a few of my races i still do not think it should be off, Maybe have more settings and use all 4 dry wet dry dry to limit the wet running?

I don't get much time to play so when i get chance i don't like being sat there lapping the same track in the same car practicing & doing setup work for a race i have no chance of winning lol. I do how ever love racing with a grid of ppl that i know to an extent and get along with rather than random lobby's. I would love more of a fun day with the same ppl i race with and respect every week. But without the worry of needing to get on and practice for ages tweaking settings i dont understand looking for a setup. A bit more randomness is needed i think. Maybe a fun day pick one car for the day and do 3-4 10 lap sprint races with a 15 min quali no tyre or fuel saving crap just get in and race. The most fun i had on p cars 1 was in Radical SR8-RX and the Caterham SP/300.R  No set up work just jumped in and raced.

How did you find the Palmer on Saturday bag with the long race?

I agree with an extra race day with some fun races, but a lot of people don't have much time because they're in multiple leagues, or can't upset the wife by driving anotherv night. And if you can get enough people a number of them only want open cockpit / open wheel, while others (like myself) like to also experience the other cars in a fun  competitive way, there are so many fun cars in this game...
I like the idea of doing 2 sprint races (more takes a bit too long Ib think) with locked setups so practice is only needed to get a feel for the track and its brake zones. On the other hand, some of the stock setups are impossible to drive with on the pad on certain tracks.
I tried to get it off the ground on Mondays with a randomly selected car and you know the turnout.