Username: Password:

Author Topic: F1 2017  (Read 911 times)

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
F1 2017
« on: August 10, 2017, 01:30:AM »
Anyone getting the game? The career looks very promising. I can't wait for August 28. It's been a long time since I played an F1 game.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: F1 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:55:PM »
I have 2016 but I just didn't like the lack of FFB options.

Pcars has way too many.
F1 had way too few.

I'll wait and see what the reviews are like.
I really like the way that they do the online championships though.
Are you paying attention SMS?
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:13:PM »
Don't think so. I love watching F1, but I never really liked the modern F1 games. I do doubt every year though because of the complete F1 track list, but I don't feel like paying full price and by the time it's on sale the season is (nearly) over.
I also don't get why they release it in the summer. They really should start aiming for a release in March. They can have everything ready by January or so to the point where they only have to finish the looks of the cars. I bet they will sell a lot more copies when they release it when the F1 season starts, hell, even I might buy it then :P
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:38:PM »
Loved codemasters F1 games, loved Forza, loved gran turismo......this was until I had the honour of playing Project Cars, and this is the only racer I like to play now.

I also have Assetto Corsa which is great in many ways, but still prefer the driving experience in PC

Project Cars 2 will be the only sim/racer that I will get this year, it looks like it will have everything I need!  Amazing really, as I used to buy every racing game that came out, but I can't bare the arcade style driving of forza or gt sport anymore, and although F1 17 may be great, I still prefer how vast PC1 is and PC2 will be with regards to cars and tracks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:39:PM by legacy-8 »
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 04:42:PM »
F1 was my go to racing game for the last 6 years and I have always pre-ordered. But I am undecided on this one since playing online you guys is so much fun and with p cars 2 only  a month away I don't think it will get played much. I don't really buy games for single player and i have never completed a full season on any of my f1 games I have owned since 2010. my games are always brought for there multiplayer aspect and p cars 2 looks like a winner to me

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 04:12:AM »
I think Pcars2 will feel too familiar too soon so F1 2017 will bridge the gap for me. Once I'm done with F1 then I'll get pcars2.  My biggest reason to get f1 2017 is that this will be the last year for a true open cockpit f1 game, next year we get the halo.

Offline jod08

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 11:25:AM »
I think Pcars2 will feel too familiar too soon so F1 2017 will bridge the gap for me. Once I'm done with F1 then I'll get pcars2.  My biggest reason to get f1 2017 is that this will be the last year for a true open cockpit f1 game, next year we get the halo.

ha i didn't even think of this they look a like a cheap plastic flip flop strap

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 03:49:PM »
Im unsure if I'm going to get it. Would love to do a championship but with GT and Pcars2 i doubt the interest is there for people. I liked 2016 but after a while I didn't really play it. Always meant to go back and finish the season i was in but never got round to it. I fear it might be the same with this year.

Offline Djuvinile

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 03:31:PM »
I had 2016 and played it like 4 times. the lack of ffb feel in this game made me drop it. otherwise its really not bad. I've seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_9EuEXzKUo&t=526s
and i have too say this rain racing looks fantastic. ill wait and see what the reviews on ffb are.
If everything seems in control, youre just not going fast enough

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:53:PM »
I bought I think 2010 and had a lot of fun with it. I bought 2011 special edition don't think I've ever played it. I won't be buying it. I used to be a huge F1 fan even though the racing was crap. Since they took the sound away F1 is dead to me.

Although I've always loved codemaster games way back to putting a tape in a spectrum. To my favourite games toca series.

One of my friends works for codemasters, I don't see him often these days but when I do the first thing I ask him is when are you bringing the modern day toca out  :dance:

PGC 2 is for me I hope

Offline jod08

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 01:45:PM »
I grabbed this on Saturday in the sale and i am very pleased with it, It feels like a polished version of the 2016 game. It took some time pissing about to get it to feel right on the wheel. But once you have it set up it feels awesome. They have put a shit load of track bumps and wheel rumble in that i never used to feel before. I have only played its for a small time and i forgot how much effort is needed to make a good setup to be fast on these games. I have also found it a struggle to race as it is taking all of my concentration keeping the car on the track lol.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 07:30:AM »
I'm about to finish my 6th career season ^^ haven't done one online race yet.

Offline jod08

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:AM »
Im still on my first race well practicefor the first race i have replaced Palmer. There is so much rnd to do in the practice sessions that i don't get chance to tune the car. Its almost like you have start the season knowing how to set them up. I have mainly been doing time trial to get used to the speed and tried a couple of the older cars. The rb6 just sticks like glue its almost like any speed any corner and it just grips and the brakes are just awesome. You can brake so much later in that compared to any of the other cars i have tried. That car felt like i was playing F1 2013 again that was by far the best F1 game It would of been nice to have some scenarios too. I have not played to game much yet but i find myself wanting to play this more than p cars atm. Did you get the MP4/4 with yours as well??
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:01:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 12:26:AM »
Yeah I got all the cars, think I've used all of them in those special events by now. I'm using just the base setups as there is little to change anyway and I just love the feel of the cars. No need to tweak any control settings either, it just feels good with the pad, the car behaves like I want it to, if only pCars was like this  :banghead:.
 I started in toro rosso, replacing Kvyat (of course) and after half a season already I got invited to drive for RBR. Took me until halfway the 5th season to finally have upgraded my car to the max.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 10:18:PM »
I thought F1 games always had real potential but I just never really got the handling to feel right for me. The design was great though. Superb gameplay. For me only Pcars 1 ever felt anything like I wanted it to.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.