Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 6, Formula Master, Indy car, Road America, Sep 21st 2017  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Re: Round # 6, Formula Master, Indy car, Road America, Sep 21st 2017
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 06:34:PM »
Jod08, I'll send you a screenshot via PSN.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:PM »
Wow that was the toughest race I've ever had, despite there only being 4 of us. Apart from the first few laps, Proben was no more than 3 seconds behind me all race and sometimes a lot closer. I'm sure we were both driving quali laps. I certainly was!

Respect!

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:AM »
Thanks for the setup Skan i did 30-40 mins practice last night. I did find it hard to turn in for the slow corners. So i messed about with it but i still only managed a 1:50. Also wtf is wrong with the kers? It wont activate at any point of the track on any lap? I even went to check my button mapping after the session to make sure its setup right. Anyway after watching Matts replay of constant 1:44 / 45's then at the end of video it shows everyone in that time frame. I don't think there is much point in me racing tonight being 5 seconds off the pace. The good news is my P.cars 2 has downloaded and installed ready to go so i will see you on the other side :13:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 11:33:AM »
Get ya self racing you never know what will happen. I've had less practice than you. Just got back in the office from working away.

You only get the boost in the race and it's limited to 8 or 10 times you can use it if I remember correctly.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 11:52:AM »
Jod it's a high downforce car. Force yourself to go faster round the corners and you will. Explore the limits. I started off in the 1:50s. An hour later it was 1:46s. And then the occasional 1:44s. Only in that race was I consistently in that range. You just have to put in the practice time.

One psychological trick I do on myself is to run high downforce, learn the corners, then take most of the downforce off and still corner the same.

My PCARS 2 is only half way through the download and it's coming own at a trickle. How did you get it so fast?

Offline jod08

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 12:47:PM »
You only get the boost in the race and it's limited to 8 or 10 times you can use it if I remember correctly.

Ok this makes sense to why i could not use it i thought it was a another glitch lol. I will have another look at it how much faster are the soft compared to the primes?

My PCARS 2 is only half way through the download and it's coming own at a trickle. How did you get it so fast?

Im on 200mb from virgin started it last night about 11 and it was ready this morning but locked till midnight. Another thing is there is whopping 13gb update for the game to apparently.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:53:PM by jod08 »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 01:42:PM »
I don't remember tbh but they are faster makes a fair difference

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 07:07:PM »
One psychological trick I do on myself is to run high downforce, learn the corners, then take most of the downforce off and still corner the same.

I like your thinking!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 10:10:PM »
Lovely rammed at the start by someone re-joining the track. Completely fucked up my car forcing a pit stop. Then my engine blows on lap seven.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:10:PM by jod08 »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:PM »
Blew mine to. Was enjoying that as well.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 10:46:PM »
Well, that was a clusterfuck of a start, I do think at this track the cars are way too close together compared to other starting grids. I got off the line pretty well, but the one in front of me didn't so I had to move to the left (going off the throttle or braking would or could have caused an accident behind me), where I just lacked a few inches of space and matti hit me on my rear tire, I just about managed to avoid the wall, but matti couldn't since we were basically glued together, upon returning to the track Jod got a slight tap from Matti causing Jod to go into the wall and subsequently me smashing into him when his car bounced back onto the track and after that it was a long way to the pits with a broken suspension. All in all, a big mess costing me my first podium  :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxYnbo3BZE

The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 11:07:PM »
Yup that was a clusterfuck alright  :sign0151:

Never mind onwards to tomorrow 👍

Offline jod08

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 11:13:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxYnbo3BZE

Your capture from the saved replay is wrong like the saved replays always are. It does not even show the_bag on my outside

https://youtu.be/OpK_3_FFPyA

That is the reason I always go for recording my monitor view first using the console option and then hit to save replay if I have a chance.  There are some cars/drivers that never show up on the replays consistently and I have no clue why.
I always start my recording before the warm up is finish as I had some glitches before where it never recorded despite seeing the “record” symbol.  The glitches were random when I left the start of recording just as we enter the grid view.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:26:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 01:48:AM »
 :cheer:  Congratulations to proben55 on his grand slam!!   pole, fastest lap, and winnnnnnn!!!! :cheer:   Excellent work to Skanda-Five on his 2nd Place result and I thank my lucky stars for my podium finish of 3rd Place. 

I qualified 5th which was the most I could muster given my practice pace.  My start went well but had to move quickly to the right as I saw an apparent immobile car which moved really well once it got going (Mattikake2010?) but the slight bobble allowed Skanda-Five to get a run on me and made a pass before Turn 1.  He made his turn carefully that I almost hit his back which I anticipated and had already planned to take the outside.  Once the pace settled I looked that The_Bag_ was behind me and saw that he was faster so it was a matter of time before he made his pass on me; once again, I anticipated his moved as I watched my mirrors and gave him plenty of room.  My advance was made possible due to engine blow ups on other competitors and I found myself in 3rd Place with Skanda in front and chaospunx82 and mattikake together a further distance behind.  I had an engine blow once during practice and was not sure if it was engine overheat or something else until I studied the telemetry; it is when I learned that in my case it might have been engine over-revved on downshift so I was very careful after that.  Now, I knew both Matt and Chaos were faster as seen in qualifying so I concentrated to do my best laps.  Fast forward to the end about 5 laps to go I saw Mattikake swap places with Chaos about 6 seconds behind so I would need my best laps of the race.  My best laps were to come due to fuel depletion and my earnest desire to keep a podium finish, and it worked!  I managed to keep the gap about 6 seconds for several laps and at the end I think Mattikake just brought it home and slowed a little.

https://youtu.be/dYuE6RSeXkw
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:30:AM by lmntr »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 03:34:AM »
Well, that was a clusterfuck of a start, I do think at this track the cars are way too close together compared to other starting grids. I got off the line pretty well, but the one in front of me didn't so I had to move to the left (going off the throttle or braking would or could have caused an accident behind me), where I just lacked a few inches of space and matti hit me on my rear tire, I just about managed to avoid the wall, but matti couldn't since we were basically glued together

I prefer the version of you hit me on my front tyre...! I was just going in a straight line and this car cut across me. Ah well. A start like this was bound to happen.

Yeah so I had suspension damage after going into the wall and couldn't go straight so I'm not surprised I hit more people.

I hobbled to the pits and was about 34secs behind lmntr. 22 laps to go... maybe 1.5s a lap faster... hmm could he be caught?

No.

Didn't go as well or as clean as the mock race. As was said, I got it down to 6/7 secs with about 3 laps to go. By then i was in fuck it mode and just standing on the throttle everywhere which didn't work unsurprisingly. And that was my race basically, chasing a huge gap with laps running out.