Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 6, Formula Master, Indy car, Road America, Sep 21st 2017  (Read 1459 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:52:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Round # 6, Formula Master, Indy car, Road America, Sep 21st 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:47:AM »
All to fight for this race: there are only 6 points between 2nd place and 6th place in the championship. I'm currently in 2nd, but I have to be really lucky in the last race to keep so many excellent drivers behind me, especially since they just are faster on average, but I'm going to do all I can to secure my first podium.
I already gave this track a go last week and it could be interesting to see the pit strategies: you will need extra fuel and for some the soft tire won't be good enough to do a 1 stop so perhaps they will choose the medium tire. I'll have to do more testing but I think I have a decent strat, now I have to fine-tune the car since my setup still comes from a time I knew very little about setting up my car. It did feel pretty good though during the first test.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:29:PM »
I had a go tonight I can't get anywhere close to the times I've previously done.

Car track combo won't make for close racing but should make for an interesting race

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:AM »
wtf is wrong with the sound on this car? At first i thought it was my headset until i turned the tv up but it was the same. I even reset the game and its still sounded like shit. There is almost no noise from the car apart from a burp/gurgle when you change gear. I was expecting these things to be loud is this right or is something wrong with my stuff?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:46:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:35:AM »
wtf is wrong with the sound on this car? At first i thought it was my headset until i turned the tv up but it was the same. I even reset the game and its still sounded like shit. There is almost no noise from the car apart from a burp/gurgle when you change gear. I was expecting these things to be loud is this right or is something wrong with my stuff?

I get plenty of sound, sounds to me like you encountered the sound bug twice in a row?

Offline jod08

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:PM »
The sound bug? this is not something i have herd of. ill have to have another go in it then i was ready to forfeit the race.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:PM »
I have a sound bug where it cuts out completely for a few seconds, but not where it goes quiet. The least favourite bug I've encountered recently is where the screen goes completely blank for about 5 seconds. I keep thinking there's been a power cut! Then it awakes and I'm in a barrier.

The bugs in this game are the stuff of legend!

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:20:PM »
I have had it quite often, all of a sudden you only hear the tires and the engine when you shift. Only solution is to go back to the start screen and try again, takes 2-3 times sometimes. Really annoying, luckily I haven't encountered it in multiplayer, but like once a month during solo practice.

Offline jod08

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 07:28:AM »
Yeah Dennis that's spot on. It was like i was getting just the wind noise and only hearing the engine when changing gears. I wonder how long it be before forums start filling up with problems with the new one. There will defo be a day one patch and im 60/40 about the multiplayer side working on release too. Codemasters always fucked up the F1 multiplayer and you basically had to wait 2 weeks to be able to play online.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:17:AM »
There will definitely be a whole new list of bugs to piss us off. As long as the support lasts a little longer this time we'll be OK.

I'm just praying that they get the tyres right.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 04:40:PM »
How is everyone getting on with this car?

Just spent a couple of hours playing with setups and learning the car today. First go in this car too. It's really nice to drive. Really liking it, especially on the soft tyres. Very confidence inspiring to push and it doesn't bite you too hard if you go past the limit of traction. Ok it does  in the lower gears on boost. I'm sure an Indycar should be harder to drive than this.

Early days yet but I'm into the 1:44s so far.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 08:53:PM »
I'm working down away this week so only had a quick go the other night.

It's a nice car to drive though. I'm not a fan of this track layout I just don't enjoy it for some reason which I can't even explain why.

It's very easy to make slight mistakes here that cost you a lot of time.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:PM »
My best is a 1:47.8xx in race trim.
I still haven't hooked up anything like a perfect lap though.

I just saw a review of PCars 2 on IGN. They gave it 9.2 out of 10!
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 08:35:AM »
I have not had chance to get back on yet i am hoping to get on later. If not i might have to bum a setup lol Skan you got any suggestions again really helped me out at brands :great:. I just hope i have proper sound this time.

Dennis has your download started yet?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 01:57:PM »
I have not had chance to get back on yet i am hoping to get on later. If not i might have to bum a setup lol Skan you got any suggestions again really helped me out at brands :great:. I just hope i have proper sound this time.

Dennis has your download started yet?

I haven't checked, doubt it though.
By the way, this evening I will be doing some racing, but I won't be doing our mock race (Skanda will host this evening). I've had a long day in the hospital and I cannot lay in one position for an entire race, so I'll just do some solo practice where I can pause the game whenever I need to. I just hope I can manage to finish tomorrow's race (I'll certainly try) since I am defending P2 in the championship but I doubt I can hang on to a podium, I don't think I have the pace for a good result and even if I could manage a P3, there is a good chance that both P1 and P2 will overtake me in the championship with just a 6 point difference between P2 and P6 in the current standings.